Summer Dayz Festival!

by EA_David

Original Post

Summer Dayz Festival!

Community Manager

Check out new Private Play and earn summer-ready rewards!

With Summer Nights winding down, you may be wondering – what comes next? Why August’s Summer DayZ, of course! Get ready to peel off that sleep mask and throw on your shades because the sunflowers are shining and the beach is calling your name in PvZ: Battle for Neighborville Summer DayZ Festival.

mapbfn.PNG

Our biggest news – the popular Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare 2 feature, Private Play, has come to Neighborville! Start Private Play in any PvP mode or map and invite up to three friends to your game. Choose your difficulty or add crazy settings. You can also choose the number of opponents on each team (1 – 12) and select preset spawning rule options for AI teammates and enemies.

With the addition of Private Play, we’ve made the decision to remove Mixed Mode from the Multiplayer Terminal. Gnomebomb, Suburbination, and Team Vanquish Confirmed will now only appear as Weekly Events on the Multiplayer Terminal, but will be accessible for players via Private Play. This change is expected to improve overall match quality. 

August’s Festival Prize Map heats up with summer-ready rewards. Grab hot items like the mid-festival reward, Common Luminous Fungus for Night Cap. Earn the Legendary Fortress Nut costume for Oak and Acorn when you take a single path to the end of the map and earn the Legendary Gilded Oak costume for Oak and Acorn when you complete the entire map.

Finally, close out those long summer dayz with two weekly events featuring new characters, TV Head and Wildflower. These characters are only playable in August’s Minion Madness (Aug 4 – 11) and Don’t Call It a Comeback (Aug 18 – 25) weekly events so don’t miss your chance to try them out!

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 1 of 22 (1,713 Views)

Re: Summer Dayz Festival!

★★ Expert
@EA_David REMOVAL OF MIXED MODE. WHAT!!!!!!
Message 2 of 22 (1,696 Views)

Champion
@EA_David Thanks for this information!
Message 3 of 22 (1,678 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Removing mixed mode is going to improve game quality how? Why on earth did you take a decision like that? That’s the only mode I like playing and now I’m stuck with other limited modes. Please I terribly want the mixed mode back...

Message 4 of 22 (1,663 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@EA_David I don't understand why mixed mode was removed, but at least it's still in private play, thanks for the info.
Message 5 of 22 (1,639 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Removing Mixed Mode doesn't "improve match quality". There are already bots in Online, so adding Private Play won't significantly take away from playercounts. Especially since you can only invite up to 3 people for private. I was fine with 8v8 Turf, but I really hope (and predict) this will eventually change after backlash. Please reconsider.

At the very least, add Vanquish Confirmed to Team Vanquish. And instead of making Weekly modes only one mode at a time, do 2 or 3 modes, and change the weekly challenge to just one challenge: Win 7 matches - 60 Rainbow Stars. I agree that Mixed Mode isn't as attractive because they're in Weekly Modes and you can get Rainbow Stars from playing those, but what if you do a Turf mode? Or Boss Team Vanquish? If you do 2-3 modes for the Weekly, you could include Gnome Bomb and Suburbination.

Message 6 of 22 (1,599 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Like others before me, I don't really understand the rationale behind the removal of mixed mode. I am glad to see private play, a lot of people wanted it and I used it extensively in GW2, but mixed mode was my bread and butter back in GW1 and I'd like to see more match type variety, not less.

I am interested in the new events which will hopefully spice things up a bit. I'm glad to see new characters but am far more interested in the Berry Brigade and Iceberg Lettuce than playable mobs; I'll still play them and see how they play of course!

Message 7 of 22 (1,574 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@EA_David So the the characters are only limited timed only? Or are they going to be part of the roster?
Message 8 of 22 (1,555 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@EA_DavidRemoving gamemodes from a game that's lacking in them right now what the heck, just go ahead and shoot yourself in the foot when people complain about how there is no variety in game and how much you guys pander to turf, seriously when's the last time we actually got a map for a gamemode that wasn't turf and maybe if half of the weekly events weren't turf and the boring 8v8 format was changed for more exciting gameplay you could get more people in these modes.

Message 9 of 22 (1,544 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

With the removal of mixed mode players might actually start playing battle arena 🤷‍♂️

Message 10 of 22 (1,505 Views)