Re: Suggestion for the next BF game

by aztec1289

Original Post

Suggestion for the next BF game

★★★ Guide

I think DICE did many things right with BFV, overall it's my favorite competitive multiplayer game which I played almost 1000 hours.
There are also a few thing which could have been better and now we will probably only see in the next BF game.
I would like to list these things:

- Rework the award system from the ground up and put 20x more though and work into it. People like to have "goals" a sense of objective towards which they can work and finally be rewarded while having the ability to show it off. Back in Battlefield 2 days it worked perfectly. Awards looked cool, they were hard to get and you could make banners of them and put them in the signiture of you forum posts. Bam! Everyoone knew you are a badass pilot, because the damn medal needed 100 hours to complete and 5000 cumulative kills. In BFV you only get fake dogtags which enemies can take from you if they kill you.... which doesn't even make sense... if you could collect name tags, that would be cool! Actually in BF2 you could see who your "worst enemy" was - who killed you the most. Or who you killed the most times. In BFV you can get a gold skin just by having 1 good round. That's not dedication. That doesn't give a real sense of "status". Oh you can BUY skins? That doesn't work here either. Besides, having clones of yourself on the field is not satisfying. My custom made solders feel more uniqe than the elites but that's another topic to think through...

The main point is:

1) Make awards look cool
2) Make awards meaningful (cumulative requirements, like 5000kill, 100hours)

3) Make awards avaliable to show off on forums, etc.

The whole stats system needs to be reworked and be really really solid, as it is one of the backbones of keeping players for 100s of hours to play and play more.

- Make the menu FAST. I don't want to face the game for a full minute while I can't interact with anything because the game just won't let me (end of a round for example). Loss of control feels very annoying!

- Balance out teams but do NOT make skill-based match making.

- Cross play - to have more players

- Full SLI support - (why turn it off when it works perfectly?)

- Dare I say: deal with cheaters? lol

- Finally: if you make a game based on history don't leave out factions (like Russians) BUT!!! if you make a game based NOT on history but fiction do not make nations "terrorists" who are clearly not, like in Call of Duty !!!!

I'm pretty sure there is more but these were the first and most important ones which popped into my mind. Feel free to add your own suggestions.

Message 1 of 17 (1,577 Views)

★ Guide

Aside from many of the points above...

Be harder on inactive players. Ie someone sitting a the back of the map clearly with a rubber band on the controller while they play on another console, or help there off game but online party.

Kick them. Cheating has been a huge issue. People say you can't cheat on console- ghosting and boosting particularly have been relevant on console. 

I also second the emphasis on team balance as opposed to skill balance. When the teams are balanced it is one of the best multi player experiences- right up there with BF4 despite its many issues. However more often than not it is completely unbalanced until the fourth match in the map cycle- and by then most of one team drops out. I was on a squad last night and although we were mowing down and capturing (Best squad for five consecutive matches) and it was great even though we lost all but one of the matches. However at one point our squad was put onto the same team as the top two squads from the opposing team. The next two matches were 400+ and 600+ wins and then 20 players dropped out of the opposition and it was 10 players fighting 48 with two squads topping 100 kills in five minutes. 

That is no fun for everyone.  We were holding back to let them capture flags- but realisitically the moment they get into a gun fight its all over. 

Message 2 of 17 (1,537 Views)

★★★ Guide

Additionally I think vehicles need to have limitations. And the only thing which could work is disabling 3rd person view.

Here is why:

- As attributes you have firepower, armor, mobility, visibility - these are the ones you don't want to mess with because it feels balanced.

- But you shouldn't be able to peak around the corner and kill people without direct line of sight. It is literally you can see them but they cannot see you situation.

If you can shoot faster, stronger and take a lot more damage than an infantry man with a bazooka, you should have this limitation. Sneaking up tanks should be made easier. Infantry should protect your armored vehicles and they shouldn't be used as a one-man-army.

Also to limit camping from a distance where infantry has zero chance of engaging... they should allow repairs ONLY inside objective areas.
Just imagine: no more camping tanks who snipe you across half the map from a well protected hill.

-----

On the other hand: it would be really convenient if planes had a 1st person view with no cockpit. Just like in BF2.

Message 3 of 17 (1,501 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Dispense with most of the level up system. I have been playing BF titles since BF1942 and I really have come to hate it. I am level 150 in BF1 and I have tons of weapons still locked away. I won't ever get to play most weapons in BF5 before it dies. The only time I see half of game weapons is through watching others play them on YouTube videos. Let people have fun and leave special items as rewards, not all weapons. I am a Army veteran and we were not given the worst weapons possible and then upgraded over time. Put the emphasis on the gameplay and tactical environment, not the process. This is why 1942 

Message 4 of 17 (1,469 Views)

★★★ Newbie

was successful. A game without limits and fully customizable. This is what I like about Arma 3. Let me customize how I want to play!

Message 5 of 17 (1,466 Views)

★ Guide

My 2 cents. Dont alter the games ttk 1 year in.  It impacts the games meta too much, changing how one has learnt to play in the first 12 months.

Message 6 of 17 (1,405 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Personally I didn't mind the changing meta that much and fine tuning is indeed needed.
But yea, big changes only show that devs have no clear idea what they want to achieve.

I was really surprised that their TTK calculations were always referring to 100% accuracy while in reality accuracy decreases with distance that's why lowering damage doesn't scale with TTK proportionally but exponentially. I wrote this down, they did overdo the damage nerf and than they did revert most of it. Funny tbh.

Message 7 of 17 (1,388 Views)

★★★ Guide

Add "Requesting targets" button.

As a bomber pilot would usually type in team chat to SPOT FOR AIR SUPPORT

Sometimes people listen:

bfv_2020_07_08_12_14_26_174.jpg

It would be much easier if there was a button to ask for the same action.

Message 8 of 17 (1,297 Views)

I have a hard time seeing anything so a spot request feature (at least on console) would be amazing

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes
Message 9 of 17 (1,269 Views)

★ Guide

To be fair, tanks and APC's have always been tough- eventually just through attrition the entire team will sometimes focus on the tank. Same issues in BF3/4 (In BF 3 you could actually do a commander seat so an entire squad in the tank with the ability to spot, and target) and BF1 to a lesser extent. Hardline- no such issue, and Bad COmpany also an issue, but players were more co-ordinated back then- so really its hard to compare.

Message 10 of 17 (1,121 Views)