Re: [Suggestion] Notifications menu in Origin Client

by ValentenX

Original Post

★ Apprentice

I think they've always been there.
Can't be too sure on the BF5 one, but I know with 100% certainty, that the Anthem notification has been there for the amount of days displayed. 
BF5 notification was there before the Anthem one, but as said; I'm not really sure if it's been there the full 174 days or not.

Message 11 of 20 (1,001 Views)

★ Novice

@Straatford87 

Hi Tom,

I attached a screenshot to my original post in this thread, the file was called 'Annoying.jpg'. I'm confident the notification has been there for the full duration.

If you need any other feedback, please let me know. Thanks Tom - I hope you guys can fix this! Standard smile

Regards,

Simon.

Message 12 of 20 (977 Views)

EA DICE Team

@SirDinen  @T4gger 

Thank you both.

Last thing I'd like to do is double-check if this is a local rather than a client issue. Could you clear the Origin cache as detailed, here:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

Curious if that clears notifications for you.

Message 13 of 20 (967 Views)

★ Apprentice

It doesn't clear it (at least not for me), so I don't see this being a local thing.
On a side-note; I just re-installed my whole setup 3 days ago (new SSDs and all), so there would also be no chance of it being a local thing, with that being done Standard smile 

Message 14 of 20 (961 Views)

EA DICE Team

@T4gger 

Bummer.

But the good news is that it'll help us investigate. Thanks again for going through some steps with me.

Message 15 of 20 (950 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@Straatford87  No problem. If feedback isnt provided; nothing gets fixed/improved Standard smile

If I may suggest something, that might make it a fair bit easier for the people working on the client:
An option to just clear notifications (either all or just one at a time) would fix this.
Then the problem has a solution, so you kinda don't need to find the root of the issue as the end-user can just "fix it themselves" Standard smile

Message 16 of 20 (932 Views)

★ Novice

@Straatford87   @T4gger 

Hi Tom,

I cleared my cache using the same guide a day or two ago, and the BFV notification is still there (as per last screenshot).

I also agree with T4gger. A clear-all button, or a little 'x' in the top right of each notification to manually clear them from the user interface would be a great fix.

~ Simon

Message 17 of 20 (919 Views)

★ Apprentice
If it helps I also have 2 anthem notifications (i had EA Premier and bought Anthem so i guess it wanted to let me know 2 times) it also shows up on the webpage for origin. So im pretty sure its something on yalls end and not a local thing but I did clear the origin cache as well as my browsing history just to be sure and the notifications are still there for both of them.
Message 18 of 20 (859 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

@ValentenX  @MADrag0n  @SirDinen  @T4gger  @Dashael 

Small update:

We're changing Notifications to expire after 60 days if they haven't been cleared.

Further changes are on the to-do list for a later date (I've requested an "clear all") button, but for now they will have to wait a bit.

Message 19 of 20 (775 Views)

★ Apprentice
Awesome thanks Tom :D
Message 20 of 20 (755 Views)