Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

[Suggestion] Default weapons skins for uniques

by TECHound

Original Post

[Suggestion] Default weapons skins for uniques

★★★★★ Guide

Can we please have an option in settings that will let us have the default weapon "skins" on the unique weapons (Masterwork / Legendary).

I am from a different generation, where we value a little more authenticity and I am getting really sick and tired of all these toy guns, every time I get a new unique weapon I keep my fingers cross, but end up getting disappointed every single time, I just now finally got a MW mauler and it is #¤%& pink! 🤦🏽‍♂️ one "salvage" coming right up! ⚡

I would have loved it if it could be made so our weapons would simply follow the paint job of our Javelins, but that might be asking for too much, so if those of us who like just a little bit of realism could have a simple option in settings to have all uniques use the default skins, at least this would make them look a little bit more like actual weapons 🙂👍

And yes, go on and make your jokes about realism in a sci-fi game if you must pretend, but you know exactly what I mean lol 😊

Message 1 of 8 (279 Views)

Re: [Suggestion] Default weapons skins for uniques

★ Guide

fiction and realism are not mutually exclusive, and I 100% agree with you, also spoiler alert the MW lurker is also pink, we need real gun customization with the same depth as armor customization, because its all about personal preference really. I personally like the default skins as well, I do not like flashy flamboyant guns but again that's my personal preference, maybe there are those who like neither. this is one of my major gripes with modern RPG games, they tend to deeply intertwine end game appearance and end game stats. in almost all scenarios cosmetics should be divorced from the gear, the only exceptions I can really think of are games like The Elder Scrolls where its tied to the lore.

Message 2 of 8 (269 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I got the lurker as well, it was an instant salvage too hehe 😄

Message 3 of 8 (263 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Not sure what this has to do with realism. I get that it might not be your preferred aesthetic, but it’s quite a leap from that to saying it’s not “realistic.” There is no law of physics that says autocannons or grenade launchers can’t be pink.

It would be neat if they had customization options for weapons, with “vinyls” you could unlock when you get the corresponding MW/L. In the meantime, however, nothing is stopping you from making a pink themed Colossus outfit and embracing your inner Hello Kitty: Murder Edition. If you choose to miss out on it, that’s on you.

Message 4 of 8 (240 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

There is no way in hell that color schemes like this will ever been seen on the battlefield in any world or universe, THAT is realism...

Nothing stopping me from making a pink colossus? again, wanting realism...

Message 5 of 8 (232 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

There have been all sorts of extravagant uniforms on the battlefields throughout history. Hell, air forces around the world wear maroon berets even today, as far as I’m aware. Pink was also considered a “masculine” color at one point, until it rather arbitrarily became associated with “femininity.”

Granted, it’s probably one of the worst colors for camouflage, but the Colossus is not exactly a stealth javelin either. None of them are particularly stealthy, for that matter (not even the Interceptor, really). Just because you dislike the color doesn’t mean that pink grenade launchers (or javelins) are any less “realistic” than anything else in the game.

Message 6 of 8 (180 Views)

★ Guide

@cake404 wrote:

There have been all sorts of extravagant uniforms on the battlefields throughout history. Hell, air forces around the world wear maroon berets even today, as far as I’m aware. Pink was also considered a “masculine” color at one point, until it rather arbitrarily became associated with “femininity.”

Granted, it’s probably one of the worst colors for camouflage, but the Colossus is not exactly a stealth javelin either. None of them are particularly stealthy, for that matter (not even the Interceptor, really). Just because you dislike the color doesn’t mean that pink grenade launchers (or javelins) are any less “realistic” than anything else in the game.

its not about realism its about preference, customizing gun visuals is a basic feature in most modern shooters its not like its a lot to ask for all things considered

Message 7 of 8 (168 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@cake404 wrote:

Well there is a reason why all those extravagant uniforms are no longer in use, it's because beyond inefficient in war and believing that we would ever revert back to it in the future is just not realistic, designs of war has always progressed in one direction which is efficiency.

To say that you don't need to be camouflaged because you are in a javelin is not a good point, there is a reason why even heavy noisy tanks in modern wars are also camouflaged and it is not to match the troops hehe.

So yes, pink of bright flashy colors are unrealistic in ground war, no matter how you twist and turn it, it will never happen.

There is a saying among "professionals" and it translates to something along these lines: "The only ones visible on the battlefield, are the dead".

Message 8 of 8 (131 Views)
Twitter Stream