[Suggestion] Bots in Coop Fleet Battles vs AI

by Eisenfaust1988

Original Post

[Suggestion] Bots in Coop Fleet Battles vs AI

★★★ Apprentice

Hi all!

I'm basically an SP only guy - unreliable internet connection and bad reflexes make any MP a rather frustrating experience.

But I have a Blast doing Solo fleetbattles vs AI! (And campaign of course ^^)

There are people I'd love to play the game with in Coop - all of them (like my 6 year old son) play the game even more casual than me, thusly are even less interested in Ranked MP.

While there is the possibility of doing Coop - it puts you on a matchmaking cue. And as this mode isn't the most popular often for a very long time - sometimes no match can be found at all.

And as there will be no new content Player count will drop even further and in near future coop matchmaking will likely cease.

Next if we wanted to fool around a little for our fun we might ruin the experience for three others which I wouldn't want either.

In custom matches you can start a coop vs AI match with only the two of us. Then it is only the two of us and 5 vs 2 a little frustrating as well.

So here my request: Please let us fill up our Team in Coop vs AI with the same bots, we have in solo vs AI!

Message 1 of 4 (1,820 Views)

Re: [Suggestion] Bots in Coop Fleet Battles vs AI

★★★ Apprentice

PS

AI B-Wings and Defenders would be cool as well ^^

Message 2 of 4 (1,776 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

PPS

How about letting us edit the bots even more?

I‘d love to be able to assign ships or even loadouts to my bot team. 

Other threats complain about difficulty of fleetbattles vs ai. I‘m under the impression that this is further worsened by relatively random loadouts by the bots (although they seem to favor bombers on the offense and interceptors on defence)

Assigning loadouts would allow on the one hand to have more control over the battle, like making shure someone has ion torpedoes even if the player wants to scoop around in an interceptor himself. Or just increase immersion by assigning all the same ship as if they actually were part of one squadron. 

Maybe even let us assign there briefing appearance. I‘d really like my tie pilots to look like tie pilots. Not some tie-esque mercenary gang Wink

This is probably one of my more realistic dreams for this game. A full blown intuitive to use arma-esque mission editor with the option to create our own campaigns is on the other side of that spectrum :D

Message 3 of 4 (1,657 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Eisenfaust1988 pushing this thread.

It's quiet frustrating.
I want to play with my brother and fill up the rest of the team with AI.
Why in the goddamn world isn't that possible???
Message 4 of 4 (890 Views)