Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: [Suggestion] A better Funding Model

by TheRealNichivo

Original Post

★★★★★ Apprentice

LOL first month free, you can play through everything Anthem has in days. The longevity this game has is in waiting for the rng gods to smile on you to get the right drops to progress your character/s forward … cool content.

So really it's to late for a new funding model because the problems this game has are already out there and to be honest it doesn't take much to find that out so anyone looking into a "new" game who may do their research would likely never invest money into Anthem until

1. It's fixed

2. Bioware can patch Anthem without breaking it further

3. It has end game content

4. It actually has effective loot drops so your character can progress

5. Has something better than bullet sponges for higher difficulty content.

I'm a former swtor player and what I found great about the raids there is when your raid team was ready to up the difficulty level you had new mechanics to contend with. Anthem is about nothing more than turning everything in a stronghold into a bigger bullet sponge … those are some great end game mechanics to keep new players interested.

Message 11 of 15 (150 Views)

Anthem will be free to play?

★★★★ Novice

Recently, I heard that Anthem will be free to play and it will also come in EA Access? If this model can be accepted then it will be awesome. Check the info here - https://gametransfers.com/anthem-coming-ea-access-free-to-play/

Message 12 of 15 (121 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@TheRealNichivo 

I disagree. I feel that anybody that would defend the game or even read these forums and post *has* played Anthem.

Otherwise, they would classify as a forum troll... and while there are a fair number of those, they would be very unlikely to say anything supportive about this (or any other) game. 

I generally consider the concept of a positive troll to be a paradox. 

I also feel that neither the game nor the business model can be seen as "flawed." 

The business model is not relevant to the general like/dislike for the title. 

The game shouldn't be labeled as flawed simply because it has issues and needs more content less than 3 months after launch. With that assessment, every GaaS title is "flawed." 

Message 13 of 15 (96 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@NoInstall 

The problem with your 1-5 points is that you are restricting their quality based on *your* personal (and totally arbitrary) standards. 

What do you consider as "fixed?" I don't feel the game is "broken," but there are many ways it could be improved. 

BioWare has already patched content without breaking it further several times. I only recall a few issues that occurred after a patch and they were fixed within a reasonable time frame. 

Endgame content for GaaS doesn't necessarily have to be released at launch, to be fair. I personally feel that it was--to some degree--planned to be released already, but was delayed. 

What do you consider "effective loot drops?" What is it that you think is preventing anyone from "progressing" with the current system? Itemization needs some work, but I read about improvements on the horizon. 

Higher difficulty content currently only affects enemy health/damage/drop rate, but legendary missions and legendary contracts do add additional difficulty beyond health/damage via the number of higher difficulty enemies. They don't add new mechanics, though.

Adding new mechanics for higher difficulty would be something you could constructively criticize in a new topic with an appropriate headline. I might +1 that post. The rest of your post sounds like it came from NegativeNancy, though. 

Message 14 of 15 (92 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@shifter_6x wrote:

@TheRealNichivo 

I disagree. I feel that anybody that would defend the game or even read these forums and post *has* played Anthem.

Otherwise, they would classify as a forum troll... and while there are a fair number of those, they would be very unlikely to say anything supportive about this (or any other) game. 

I generally consider the concept of a positive troll to be a paradox. 

I also feel that neither the game nor the business model can be seen as "flawed." 

The game shouldn't be labeled as flawed simply because it has issues and needs more content less than 3 months after launch. With that assessment, every GaaS title is "flawed." 

response: Irony is lost on you. Everyone should know by now. I'm a Ham!

Otherwise, they would classify as a forum troll... and while there are a fair number of those, they would be very unlikely to say anything supportive about this (or any other) game. 

I generally consider the concept of a positive troll to be a paradox. 

response: Trolls come in all shapes and sizes. Do not be so hard on yourself, you are not a paradox(This may warrant further investigation, but I will give you the benefit of the doubt.)

I also feel that neither the game nor the business model can be seen as "flawed." 

response: The game is flawed. Remember the thread where I mentioned the "oblivious"?Link to Thread

response: Read this carefully. "It's not the business model that is flawed, it is the game." Thanks for agreeing with me. Do not be confused.  Plenty will see "games as a service" as a blight on the industry. So in their opinion it will be relevant to the disdain they show towards the title, even if it's not the general consensus.

The game shouldn't be labeled as flawed simply because it has issues and needs more content less than 3 months after launch. With that assessment, every GaaS title is "flawed." 

response:I did not mention content as one of the issues. Even if you take the lack of content out of the equation, the game is still flawed. The game is the definition of flawed, or do you think it's perfect?

Why do you keep bringing up, "games as a service" when you state above the business model has no relevance?

In your own words.@shifter_6x wrote: "You may not have realized, but contradicting yourself so obviously tends to make your opinion irrelevant." Link to Thread.

response: The difference here is that you actually contradict yourself.

Message 15 of 15 (59 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help