Suggest a game

by infinity25273

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Suggest a game

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

who wants to see a harry potter rpg game? where you get to design yourself and go into hogwarts as a first year, and gradually make your way through the classes. its your own story, play the way you want. want to be a death eater? you can. want to be minister of magic? you can. your a wizard or a witch in the world of hogwarts. control your life. how fun does that sound?

[Edit:Caps Lock removed]

Message 1 of 4 (670 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Suggest a game

@infinity25273  sadly...the Harry Potter videogames right are now with Warner. And the only stuff that came out since is the Lego Harry Potter series...Not the first franchise that WB is managing poorly. Though the Lego games are not bad, they are not as good as the games that EA developed when they had the developing and publishing rights. J.K. Rowland choose someone else when the deal expired and since we had only two games released in the franchise on PC, two on consoles (Sony was behind those two, also mediocre games and the end of the Sony's deal with JK Rowland) and that's it. Pretty poor record for something that EA proved to be able to achieve commercial success.

Clearly WB doesn't know what to do with the franchise and can't get past the misconception that HP is only for children. I wonder how the franchise would have evolved if it remained at EA.

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

View in thread

Message 3 of 4 (795 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager (retired)

Hello @infinity25273 and welcome to Answers HQ! Some cool ideas you have there. However I do have some doubts about the owner of HP IP now. But it is a weird this, such a hugely popular never had a MMORPG of its own. 

Cheers,

Archi

Archi.png
Message 2 of 4 (628 Views)

@infinity25273  sadly...the Harry Potter videogames right are now with Warner. And the only stuff that came out since is the Lego Harry Potter series...Not the first franchise that WB is managing poorly. Though the Lego games are not bad, they are not as good as the games that EA developed when they had the developing and publishing rights. J.K. Rowland choose someone else when the deal expired and since we had only two games released in the franchise on PC, two on consoles (Sony was behind those two, also mediocre games and the end of the Sony's deal with JK Rowland) and that's it. Pretty poor record for something that EA proved to be able to achieve commercial success.

Clearly WB doesn't know what to do with the franchise and can't get past the misconception that HP is only for children. I wonder how the franchise would have evolved if it remained at EA.

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 3 of 4 (796 Views)

EA DICE Team

@infinity25273

I always like hearing about ideas for any RPG game though - I'm a huge RPG fan!

Do you have any other favorite RPG games?

Message 4 of 4 (547 Views)