Re: Suddenly banned for Cheating!

by B3ntar

Original Post

Suddenly banned for Cheating!

★★★★ Novice

In the middle of a match on Monday the 24th of May I was suddenly banned without warning and haven't been able to play since. I don't know if it's a false flag or perhaps a mistake on the part of the reviewer but I definitely did not cheat. Even at the level I was, which was into the 300s, I struggle to actually survive in the game, but I've worked hard to improve over the past few months since I started and to see my account suddenly banned without warning is painful! I have never cheated. If a reviewer with eyes were to look into my account they'd definitely see I haven't done anything of note. I think perhaps there may be a cheater using my name within the game as I've seen myself in my own friends list a few times but back then I thought nothing of it. Otherwise I have no idea what this could be. Since my computer is a potato I make it a point to play apex after a fresh restart, only turning on steam.

I filed an appeal and was given this vague email saying I cheated and that I can no longer play. 

I would like to please request a proper review of my account so that this can be cleared up. I really enjoy the game. If playing the game almost daily is somehow a bannable offense then that's the extent of my actions. Otherwise, this is entirely uncalled for and unreasonable. 

EA, please look into this properly. I've put money into this game before. Losing it in such a manner, for something I haven't ever done,is insulting. 

Message 1 of 34 (614 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Yachi-TsukuGami This is of course annoying, but I would contact EA Support. The best way to get information about your account is to contact EA directly. Open a ticket or request a live chat / phone call.
https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/information-about-banned-or-suspended-accounts/

Contact
https://help.ea.com/de/contact-us/
https://twitter.com/EAHelp/
http://www.facebook.com/EAHelpHub/
Message 2 of 34 (597 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@Yachi-TsukuGamii fear that there is nothing the people or even EA Staff can do for you here on the forum.
atleast nothing more than give you advice on what steps to take.

i capture all my gameplays trough GeForce experience.
it constantly records my actions so i always have proof of what actualy happened in case something does.
i know its water under the bridge but it may be something to consider doing when you get your acc back.

Good luck.

Message 3 of 34 (596 Views)

Hero
@Yachi-TsukuGami Hey there, As some have mentioned only the terms of service team can access this information. All that can be done here on the forums is ask you to open a ticket to appeal the ban.

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 4 of 34 (586 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I just finished sending another case report to them. I'm awaiting feedback on this incase it's effective. Thank you very much. I'll look at the links you have, since honestly if there's a way to physically talk to someone from there I feel I'd actually gain more since then I can properly explain what's going on and give details if necessary for review. 

Thank you 

Message 5 of 34 (581 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thank you. I just finished opening one such case again with them and I'm awaiting information. I'm not sure if I've done it properly but I filled in all the necessary details so I'm sure it's alright. Honestly it baffles my mind how people who literally aim at the sun and empty thier clips into oblivion get kills and not even a suspension message on Apex but I get banned somehow for just playing the game... My laptop lags like hell since I stay far from all servers and the servers are painfully broken as well so I only play after fresh restarts and the only thing in the background is steam itself. This is truly puzzling

Message 6 of 34 (567 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'll definitely do this going forward. I honestly worry I'll never get my account back. I'm not too bad a player but I'm pretty * and I've worked hard to build myself up to this point. Losing all that is just a kick to the balls so honestly if I ever get my account back, I'll find a way to properly record my every action so I can present whatever proof is necessary. 

Thank you 

Message 7 of 34 (563 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@Yachi-TsukuGamihave a look at this.
https://www.nvidia.com/en-sg/geforce/geforce-experience/
you can set how long you want to record at what quality etc.

my pc is a monster so i record 20 minutes but you can set it to even just seconds.

Edit.. first link i gave was Dutch :P

Message 8 of 34 (551 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thank you very much for the link. I'll give it a look and try this if I get my account back. If not then...i guess thats that. 

Message 9 of 34 (527 Views)

Appeal failed for Cheating. What now?

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

My appeal was addressed and they claim to have done a deeper investigation into my account and decided that I did cheat. I still don't know what I've done or how I did it and Im still 100% sure I never cheated. My greatest achievement was a squad wipe kill I got once before very recently. It took everything I had to do that (yes I'm that bad. I try ok?). I never even got past silver III in ranked (partly since I barely played it) but now I'm supposed to just accept that all my characters and hours are gone because of * I didn't do? What now? 

Message 10 of 34 (506 Views)