Stupid map design

by BaldWraithSimp

Original Post

Highlighted

Stupid map design

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Everyone knows that Labs waterfall is so laggy, and yet the devs decided to add the same thing in an Arena map(Party Crasher). I don't know how enemies shoot me, but it feels like my game is at 0.25x speed while enemies aren't affected by it. If the zone goes there, I have no choice but to go one way or other. I play at 60 fps as it is, don't need a 30 fps laggy gameplay.

Sometimes even when I ADS in that direction I feel the same effect(not sure about it tho). 

Just remove the waterfall, water on the floor is enough or make it that zone doesn't go there at least. Why add something that cuts the frames by half for everyone? 

Anyone else has the same issue?

Message 1 of 17 (466 Views)

Re: Stupid map design

★★★★ Guide
@BaldWraithSimp When I read the title I thought about World's Edge.
I think I don't experience your problems
Message 2 of 17 (453 Views)

Hero
@BaldWraithSimp Can not say i experience the lag at all. Mind you i have top of the line internet and only 120 fps but i do not lag in the slightest in that location.

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 3 of 17 (428 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@BaldWraithSimp game runs at 144FPS on only 63% GPU utilization and onle 3-5 ms render latency for me. Any the lag is absurdly game breakingly broken.

Bravo Respawn.
Message 4 of 17 (420 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@E9ine_AC Your FPS doesn't drop in waterfall? I have seen multiple complaints that waterfall drops a lot of frames
Message 5 of 17 (398 Views)

★★ Pro
@BaldWraithSimp they keep adding more details but failed to optimize the map since season 4.

The worst drop that I got so far is in WE, fragments and around that area, oh man I lost +20fps there, what a mess.
Message 6 of 17 (393 Views)

★ Expert
@BaldWraithSimp yeah I dodge that map like it's the plague. The fps drop and the loud waterfall makes that map a pain to play in.
Message 7 of 17 (307 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Daze623 The zone should just end on the Mirage ship itself then it will be fine. The waterfall spot is just bad AF, I don't understand why nobody else is getting any frame drops.

I could understand that losing 30 fps on 144 Hz doesn't make the game laggy, but frame drop is frame drop.
Message 8 of 17 (288 Views)

Champion
@BaldWraithSimp I haven't noticed this on my PS5. 🤷‍♂️
Message 9 of 17 (284 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@hayhor What about PS4? :/

Maybe PS5 can handle the waterfall, but since it's capped at 60 it doesn't go down any further. Meaning PS5 will get higher frames than 60 in the Waterfall area, if it was uncapped. Maybe idk
Message 10 of 17 (277 Views)