Stupid! Revenant buff! Overpowered and dumb!

by hhnbbfggty66

Original Post

Re: Stupid! Revenant buff! Overpowered and dumb!

★★ Pro

@Daze623 wrote:
@hhnbbfggty66Oh look someone got killed by a guy with literally no armor.
You do know that using the totem brings a lot of penalty and risk?
If you get sent back you lose 50% of your health
Enemy team can use your totem
Enemy team can camp your totem
Shadows have 100HP and can have even lower HP if they didn't heal before using the totem
Players in DP can't use healing items nor charge their shields
If DP expires you do not regain your HP back

In conclusion: The shadows doesn't have too much health you just can't aim and the infinite range just allows people to chase targets or use it to reposition.

Nice joke .

What penalty its bring exactly ?

50% of your health is nothing. You actually gain 100 hp, doing free damage, while taking no risk at all, because if you get downed, you will respawn on safe.

Enemy team use your totem - Really ? How is that ? If you go and bring it to place they are, otherwise if enemy player is using your totem, its obviously you don`t know what you are doing ....

Enemy team can camp your totem - just like point 2.

Shadows have 100HP and can have even lower HP if they didn't heal before using the totem - again point 2, its on you. 

Players in DP can't use healing items nor charge their shields - what is DP ? If you mean the totem, what you expect, to be able to heal ? Nice joke ...

If DP expires you do not regain your HP back - if i get it right DP - is D

My conclusion.

This is broken and TSM team showed that on the tourny they won.

Even ImperialHal said this is completely broken.

You just need a Wraith into your team and its a game over with the portal.

You place the totem at the portal, you push or third party, you push with absolutely no consequences, if you get down your transported straight back, taking the portal and you push at full armor and 50 hp, which is ridiculous broken.

And the timer is 30 seconds and if can even be altered, depends how late the last person enter it.

Its a joke of ability with zero skill involved into it.

I said it million times before, there is 2 things you show not joke around and make ability based on them - revive stuff and death. If you die you die. If you get downed, you shouldn`t be auto-revive or fast revived with a shield on you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPv_aEQFk2Y

No more words are needed. 

Tho i will said Revenant players needed this and they deserve to enjoy this moment, but a nerf will come in the next balance patch for sure.

Message 21 of 49 (591 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@LordloshBang Yes it's so broken and I watch the stream

As wraith main personally when rev do his ult I make portal and push 3rd party or not

If u take free damage make someone very weak of course you gonna take port push him after back to totem
Message 22 of 49 (588 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@LordloshBang it's so annoying, u are like playin shadow fall LTM not ranked or casual

They should reduce timer or make shadow 50 HP when he grab the totem
Message 23 of 49 (581 Views)

★★★ Guide
@hhnbbfggty66 If your getting killed or almost killed with people that have no armor then that ult isnt your problem
Message 24 of 49 (557 Views)

★★ Pro
@LordloshBang I agree the totem is strong, but as many others mentioned if you lose a fight vs someone without armor then you would lose it also with armor...

Saw the video and have to say that many of their engagements actually failed. so i dont know what exactly is the problem? that they invest 3 ults to push a group? that bothers you ? do you enjoiy this campingmeta with wattson ? be happy there is a way now to properly break it open now...
People will adjust and learn to play against it better...
Many of the mentioned problems actually happened in that video, for example that the time went off on the totem etc

Lets be real, Rev´s Kit sucks besides his totem, nerfing the totem will make him dissapear again since nothing else he has is decently enough to pick him at all...

If you want this pushing "problem" to be solved, Put a cd on using wraith portal and its solved without touching rev at all

Sry but most teams run the same boring setup with Wraith Wattson + path/gibraltar

Thank god it might get mixed up a little cuz of rev beeing able to help breaking a defence
Message 25 of 49 (537 Views)

★★ Pro
@ILikeGlueHmm you are just the perfect example of a player that has 0 understanding about balance...if you lose your whole "gear" to fight the totem off, what exactly stops you from backing up? i guess nothing... but hey you would like to sit in that room and not leave it right? so you try to heal inside of it and get overrunStandard smile i mean its pretty obvious that they will push you after...wouldnt call it an absolute braindead ability but thats my opinion on it.

"Stupid game absolute braindead ability and other spoon fed noobs on here are requesting for his silencing abilities to stun and do more damage."
This shows to me that you actually never played rev at all in any kind of serious way where you tryed to make him properly work.
His Silence is legit trash atm... i dont know how the hell people can think that this is a strong ability in any sense of way...We are not playing wow or any other mmo... the silence functions the same way as you would silence a warrior in wow...

All you do with the silence currently is, you even out the playingfield.. you basicly just trade your ability for the enemys ability... thats a horrible tradeoff. the 10 dmg are absolutely useless and do nothing

For me the only use it has is to block line of sight in doorways etc or use it midfight to throw it on the enemy to * up his vision, and yes for that its actually pretty good. Should it stun? uhm hard to say depends on the duration ofc... a ministun of 0.2sec wouldnt make it broken probably but also wouldnt matter that much at all, ofc with dr on it so you cant doublestun someone for 0.4sec
that beeing said i personally think it shouldnt stun
But i think it should do 20 instead of 10 dmg
Message 26 of 49 (516 Views)

Champion
@LordloshBang Ok so I watched the first 2 matches. They took 4th and 7th in them. Yes they played very aggressive but they did not win so what does the video prove? Who else was in the tourney?

If that becomes the meta for tourneys it will be absolute chaos and fun to watch but it wont because there will be too much money on the line to allow 3rd parties all the time, which is what playing like that does.
Message 27 of 49 (506 Views)

★ Expert

"50% of your health is nothing."
-  50HP + lvl 1 armor(50) = 100 HP(equivalent of no armor+full hp)
   50HP + lvl 2 armor(75) = 125 HP(equivalent of lvl 1 evo armor + full hp)
   50HP + lvl 3 armor(100) = 150HP(equivalent of lvl 1 armor +full hp)
This shows how important that 50HP is specially when you're playing with people that can aim.

"You actually gain 100 hp, doing free damage, while taking no risk at all, because if you get downed, you will respawn on safe."
  At most you only gain 50HP for using Death Totem as you lose 50HP if you're sent back to the totem. And like I said the risk is the enemy team finding your totem and breaking it(this is specially dangerous when you're in a gunfight and your totem gets destroyed as you do not regain the HP you lost which often means death to the person who lost his DP as usually they would be confident and overextended cause of DP) and the possibility of people camping your totem exist too.

"Enemy team use your totem - Really ? How is that ? If you go and bring it to place they are, otherwise if enemy player is using your totem, its obviously you don`t know what you are doing ....Enemy team can camp your totem - just like point 2."
  When I said "an enemy team using your totem" I meant a 3rd party team can find it and destroy/camp it as usually when pushing you need the whole team to push so no one is left to defend the totem.

"Shadows have 100HP and can have even lower HP if they didn't heal before using the totem - again point 2, its on you. 

Players in DP can't use healing items nor charge their shields - what is DP ? If you mean the totem, what you expect, to be able to heal ? Nice joke ...

If DP expires you do not regain your HP back - if i get it right DP - is D"
 The point I was making is that using the totem still brings penalty and risk which you did not even bother to try and disprove so yeah "nice joke".

"This is broken and TSM team showed that on the tourny they won."
1st game = placed 4th
2nd game =  placed 3rd
For a "broken" comp that's a really disappointing outcome.

"And the timer is 30 seconds and if can even be altered, depends how late the last person enter it."
   DP last for 30 seconds and cannot be altered(some even say it's 20secs but I'll just go with how long the totem last). The only thing that is getting altered here is how long the totem last not the protection.

In conclusion:
 Not only did you not disprove my argument that "totems brings a lot of penalty and risk" you tried to prove how "broken" it is by giving us a video of a well coordinated team getting 4th and 3rd place while using a "broken" comp.

And oh btw nice joke. Wink

Message 28 of 49 (459 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Revenant is saving the game from becoming a camping ground, also the nerf on Watson multi made revenant better not the last changes.

If you play Revenant in comp you have to play edge, and makes everything more random

Message 29 of 49 (446 Views)

★ Expert

Unless I am missing something here all the totem gives you is 50 HP plus one 'get out jail free' card when you are knocked (first attack). SIlence is pretty much useless. As far as abiliies go, that seems about fair. Often when I pop the ult as Rev as my random team is about to push as I rush forwards my TMs are rushing back to use the totem, leaving me 1v3, or to have to wait until they are back with me (cutting the time I am in DP). There are downsides too.

Compare this to Mirage. If you get the position of the decoy right you can get them to run right next to you, so if someone chances upon you there's a 50% chance they starting firing at the decoy. The Mirage Party is the best ult in the game. I played Mirage yday and popped the ult right next to an enemy Path who basically just stood there and let me knock him as he couldn't work out which one I was.

One obvious question too - if you think Rev has a huge advantage over the other Legends, why not play him?

Message 30 of 49 (434 Views)