Re: Stupid! Revenant buff! Overpowered and dumb!

by CAGOA33

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

I wouldn’t say it’s over powered but for all the people saying shadows are easier to kill, it’s like missing the entire point of totem and why it’s good.  It’s always more important to shoot them be shot and the shadow is an extra half life to go shooting with.

And if the enemy team can find your totem good luck getting to it unless the rev player is awful.

a lot of these solutions are on paper not practice.  Having said that I kind of like where rev is now.  There are a lot of other characters that need help before rev gets a nerf.

For example, try helping Wattson and Crypto finally.  You watch the devs and it’s like they only think of 5 characters per update because most of the nerfs and buffs make no sense.  And 2 of the 5 are always Wraith and Pathfinder :P

Message 41 of 49 (572 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Not sure it's broken or not but fighting against waves of zombies in every game isn't all that fun imo. 

Message 42 of 49 (553 Views)

Champion

@DesmondDosh09  Are you on the right forum bud? XD

If so that was one helluva left of centre comment.

+xp.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 43 of 49 (543 Views)

★ Guide

@hhnbbfggty66 Listen man, you're just gonna have to deal with it. It's not broken. 100 heath isnt that much. smaller characters like Wraith technically already have less than 100 health because of low profile. Accept that the problem is not with the Ult, it's with you. There are a lot of more experienced players here telling you the same thing I am. I know the game can be frustrating at times, but it's a fair game.

Message 44 of 49 (519 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

@matzesingt
“ Sry im maining him since quite a while on multiple accounts, not cuz he is "broken" but cuz his personality is amazing.”
A little concerning. I mean, he is edgy and interesting, but I wouldn’t exactly say his personality is amazing...

Edit: Not an actual comment about anything relevant.

Message 45 of 49 (512 Views)

★★ Expert
@SHIZNICKMASTA Well, they had it at 1 health, and that was pretty bad.
5 or 10 health after using both shield and normal health would be really bad. A shot or two from practically any gun could finish them, and this would really only balance the Totem/Portal combo, but destroy it from being used in other scenarios.
Message 46 of 49 (508 Views)

★★ Expert

I think matzesingt actually had a pretty good point.

Rev totem on it’s own, even it’s the recent buff, isn’t that much stronger. 
But, the combination between the totem and other repositioning ults combine to make a new, much more powerful attack. 
Before we nerf it, however, let’s see what effects it’s having. 

It’s changing up the meta. Instead of a mostly passive route, teams now have the option to play much more aggressively and be rewarded. The passive route is still the best for winning, but the aggressive route offers a lot of kills, which can balance it out. Is this good? Probably. 

Is this op? It’s a little complicated.

To pull this off, you need to have at least 2/3 ults ready, which can be accomplished through accelerants, but accelerants aren’t exactly that common, and enemies will probably use their accelerants before they die. 
Pros could probably counter this somehow, but it’s still new so we’ll have to see. (Does Crypto EMP destroy totems? That could be useful info/future buff)

And despite the strength of the combo, it wasn’t strong enough to carry the TSM guys to win every match. (Did they even win a match? Or did their kills make up for it?) There are simply too many squads in the final rings to really play aggressive, they’re bound to get third-partied by multiple squads. 

Should it be nerfed? We’ll have to see how it works out. It might be better for the meta to be this, instead of a camping meta, or pros could find the ways to counter it.
The only real problem is that the other members of the team can be mixed and matched, but Revenant’s ult is so unique, he has to stay. It’s not that his ult is too strong, it’s just that there are other repositioning legends, but no other 2nd life legends. This could make Revenant a must pick, despite him being pretty balanced. 

Message 47 of 49 (495 Views)

★★★ Newbie

You must play low level, they do have too much health amd it is a very unbalanced character

Message 48 of 49 (424 Views)

★ Guide

I didn't even know revenant done what you guys are saying, something like a super that gives 300 health and you can respawn, sounds cool.

Message 49 of 49 (417 Views)