Re: Stuck onto Kashyyyk jump flip walls

by happyjme

Original Post

Stuck onto Kashyyyk jump flip walls

★★★ Novice

OK, folks, I'm quite close to give up.

I'm playing with keyboard (I'm not capable to use a joypad) and it seems that there is no way to overcome the jump flip walls at the top of the mega-tree.

It seems that I'm not capable to find the right timing for jump-flipping, and I can barely reach the third wall.

It seems also that It is not possible to gain height during the run, because the starting speed is too low when Cal starts running.

It is impossible to reach the third wall, I did it only two times in one hour of tries.

Figures to reach the fourth wall. For me is impossible.

Is there any other way to reach the other side of the walls ?
I know, I know, it is not beautiful to see, but is there any possibility to edit the save game to let me go ahead with the story ?

Please help.

Thank you.

Guba

Message 1 of 11 (3,901 Views)

EA DICE Team

@MasterGuba 

I'm not gonna say this is gonna help...... but hopefully this is gonna help.

I noticed that I didn't really had to pick up speed before starting the wall run. But it does help to start of with a double-jump. Once you are on the wall there, just hold the button and keep running and jump when you are about to fall.

Hopefully you've made it past by now!

Message 2 of 11 (3,819 Views)

★ Guide

^Yep, I go by the rule of thumb that if I'm not in the sweet spot of the wall, it requires a double jump. That series of wall runs literally takes a double jump every wall.

Message 3 of 11 (3,801 Views)

★ Novice
@Straatford87 This bit of the game is breaking it for me as I have tried loads of times to get past this bit and I can't get past it
Please fix it otherwise I'm taking the game back to the shop I can only think of adding some hanging rope to swing across it
Message 4 of 11 (3,766 Views)

★ Guide
@spoi2003

I seen a lot of people say such jumps in the game are hard, but never any claim they're broken and need to be "fixed".

My suggestion is to record a brief clip of how you're doing it. Then we can better determine if it's your technique, or some glitch none of us have seen or heard of.
Message 5 of 11 (3,760 Views)

★★ Novice
@MasterGuba Totally ruined the game for me, cannot get past it.
Message 6 of 11 (3,378 Views)

★★ Novice

An entire game shoudn't hinged on my ability to make a few jumps 😡

Message 7 of 11 (3,377 Views)

★★★ Guide

I use M+K and had absolutely no problem with it. It sounds like using a controller makes this harder - maybe try a different controller?

Anyway, it's wall running, and you hit jump twice in between each and every wall. I seriously don't do anything more than that.

Message 8 of 11 (3,358 Views)

★★★ Newbie

After reading these comments, it sounded like we may have been oversteering during our wall run. 

Turns out all you have to do on PS4 is to point the L joystick up to go straight the entire time and double jump between each wall. We were skeptical at first but it worked. 

Message 9 of 11 (2,653 Views)

★★★ Novice

To many walls 😡

Message 10 of 11 (2,389 Views)