Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Stuck at Epic Level 30 without Masterwork drops

by DevaRajTaynak

Original Post

Re: Stuck at Epic Level 30 without Masterwork drops

★★★★ Novice

the whole system is poorly balanced - very slowly on gm1 grinding my epic javs to the masterwork stage but only occasional finding something masterwork - i have one  gun that can kill just about anything - five hits the enemy lights on fire - truly legendary

the amount of useless stuff is unreal - salvage it sure but i already have more supplies for crafting than i can use and no masterwork blueprints at all -

Message 21 of 38 (258 Views)

★ Guide

Been solo grinding GM2 contracts and legendary contracts with my 690 masterworks Ranger and I finally got a legendary pop up today.  

Only trouble is it's for the Interceptor... Doh! 

I got more stuff (legendary) playing GM1 plus it was for my ranger and not another Javelin. There seems little or no reward for playing GM2 and upwards ( with contracts anyway). I even tried a GM3 freeplay but I'm just not quite strong enough to comfortably play solo.

Message 22 of 38 (229 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

GM1 Legendary Contracts give a guaranteed MW component at the end.  You can get 3 every day.

So the progression is:

• Get to level 30 with full Epics
  • Do your Legendary contracts every day on GM1 until you fill out your component slots - (this gives you a huge increase to health and shields)
  • Then you can move to GM1 strongholds or maybe up to GM2 if you have good inscription rolls and your build has synergy.
Message 23 of 38 (226 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I actually win gm1 legendaries every day and gm1 and 2 strongholds all the time.. just gonna have to wait till they patch and see if it changes something.
Message 24 of 38 (220 Views)

★ Guide

''GM1 Legendary Contracts give a guaranteed MW component at the end.''

Hmm... Pretty sure I've played GM2 Legendary contracts and barely got 5 epics let alone a masterwork and besides I have all the masterworks available for the Ranger.

As I've mentioned before I find Stongholds a little 'meh'. Been there, done that and I truly wish there was another way to find loot. 

Saying all that I have now bit the bullet and started doing strongholds more often but they are sooo repetitive ffs. I used to play Warframe (4000 hrs played) and I hated grinding in that game too.

Message 25 of 38 (211 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

The guaranteed MW component is given to you at the very end of the mission. 

It's not actually a drop that you would see on the ground and pick up.

There are 6 MW Universal Components, and 10 MW Ranger components. 

Even if you have one of each, it's doubtful that you've got good inscription rolls on all of them.

Message 26 of 38 (197 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Just run GM1 till ya get enough masterworks to get ya around 670 or so. Mix it up. I do a lot of free play to get World events. RNG does suck sometimes tho. But at GM1 you will get more masterworks. Hopefully! Stay away from GM2 till you get at least to 690. 700 preferred.

Message 27 of 38 (187 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I have to agree with some of the other posters here. The best way to progress is to do legendary contracts on GM 1 to get full MW components then jump into GM 1 strongholds. Jumping into GM 2 undergeared will not help you gear faster. Targeting certain guns requires a lot of farming GM 1 strongholds. Just keep equipping the best gear you can to up your melee and ult dmg so you can clear content faster and swap out pieces for better rolls as you get them. Good luck!

Message 28 of 38 (181 Views)

★★★★ Novice
idk about anyone else but i am still getting blues in GM2.. and lots of purples. one MW on average. haven't played in freeplay yet but strongholds and contracts still paying out low.
Message 29 of 38 (141 Views)

★ Guide

Same here with the 'blues' and GM2.

Free play spawned lots of purples along with a few masterworks. One thing surprised me was that I didn't realise there was a limit to how much loot you can carry. I finished an event and opened the loot box which spawned a few epics and MW x 2. I couldn't pick them up as I'd reached the limit apparently.

This was after playing for around 1 - 2hrs so not long really.

I did get a yellow from a normal contract,which was a plus, but other than that yellows seem elusive as ever.

I like what they've done with the forge access as it's a lot smoother ride and the less loading screens we see the better. 

Message 30 of 38 (135 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help