Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Stuck at Epic Level 30 without Masterwork drops

by DevaRajTaynak

Original Post

Highlighted

Stuck at Epic Level 30 without Masterwork drops

★★★★ Novice

So I am not sure about anyone else, but, I have been stuck where I am at for over a week now. I haven't recieved any new gear that I can equip to my Ranger in almost two weeks. What I do get for Masterwork drops is just the same thing over and over. I have even run Grandmaster 2 dungeons and been innundated with blue and purple gear but only rarely get a Masterwork drop and, again, when I do it is the same thing over and over. Artinia's Gambit, Papa Pump, Wyvern Blitz, Avenging Hearld, Elemental Rage, Thunderbolt of Yvenia... I've only received two components and both of them I don't use on my Ranger. The only Masterwork assualt launcher I have received is venom darts, again I don't use it...

It just seems disprortionate and I shouldn't be getting such crappy drops in Grandmaster 1 or 2. I can't even find the one weapon I have been looking for all week, the Cycle of Pain. Is there any way to adjust loot drops becasue I feel like I am stuck beating my head against a wall at this point and it really isn't fun to just be left behind like this... All i do is die in Grandmaster 2... while most of my friends are moving on to Grandmaster 3...

Thanks for the help

Message 1 of 38 (786 Views)

Re: Stuck at Epic Level 30 without Masterwork drops

★★★★ Novice

When you say dungeons do you mean strongholds? If so, stop running those and get into GM1 freeplay and hit the hidden areas. Also, do your daily legendary contracts which I believe give you a guaranteed MW the first time you run it everyday.

Message 2 of 38 (777 Views)

★★★★ Novice

lol yes i mean strongholds. It was listed somewhere that the strongholds is where to find the cycle of pain. I also had that challenge of valor to work on so it wasn't a big deal. I have been all over the map in freeplay doing that valor challenge... still nothing.. and i make sure to complete my dailies as best as I can. 

Its not that im not getting Masterwork drops, it's seems as though I can't get anything new... its jus the same junk over and over again. I haven't changed a single piece of my build in almost 2 weeks now... just seems a little broken when I see most of my friends moving on... I get the RNG factor... but I seem to be the * end of that roll every time.

Message 3 of 38 (774 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have been trying to grind gear in strongholds as well. Nothing but blues and purple's through grandmaster 2. The only thing that worked for me was switching javelins and all of the sudden legendary... Makes me wonder if there is a gear drop quota per javelin each week or something. At this point I'd rather receive no drops unless masterwork and above than 50 worthless ones.

Message 4 of 38 (757 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I know what you mean... and what's worse is having to scrap all those pieces lol. I'm not really all that good at the other javs.. but i'll give it a try i suppose. one issue with that though is that you have to be in the specific jav in order to get certain jav specific items... at least that is what i understood. like assualt launchers and what not.

Message 5 of 38 (755 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Well it doesn't happen often but I get components/gear for the other Jav types running as Interceptor. I've gotten MW and a sorry to say at least one legendary for another type. (That was a real kick in the hardware because I just play Interceptor mostly). My best times at getting MW and Leg equipment was running FPGM1 with some luck stat on. I'll I can say is I get components all the time now but when I started it was mostly weapons. Now I hardly ever see a weapon and mostly see components/assault/strike. 

Message 6 of 38 (747 Views)

★★★★ Novice

If you aren't in GM1 you only get MW drops that you completed Weapon/Gear challenges for.  If you would like to run GM1 send me an invitation I will run with you.

Message 7 of 38 (732 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Inokis i sent you a friend request. Actually i don't think that is right... because if you only got gear that you have completed challenges on you would never get new gear. For instance... im on the Cycle of Pain challenge to move up in the light machine gun section. I have never used a Papa Pump or Avenging herald but i get so many of those i just trash them at this point, and i haven't gotten a single Cycle of Pain. All i use at this point is my Wyvern Blitz and my Artinia's Gambit (spelling)...
Message 8 of 38 (707 Views)

★★★★ Novice

If that's not right maybe it was just coincidence that I only got items i completed challenges on.  My mistake, either way I've got you added.

Message 9 of 38 (693 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Ran 5 world events tonight on Grandmaster 2 and didn't get one single piece of Masterwork. My buddy got 5 Masterworks. seems like my character is bugged somehow.
Message 10 of 38 (683 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help