Struggling to ever find a full game

by Arccturrus

Original Post

Struggling to ever find a full game

★★ Novice

Is this game dying already? I love the game but I've found maybe 2-3 games out of like 20 that have actually had full amount of players (turf takeover and vanquish)

Majority of turf takeover games have had less than 10 players per side. rarely do i get a game thats actually 12v12 or atleast 10vs10 and above. 

Message 1 of 15 (1,098 Views)

Re: Struggling to ever find a full game

★★★ Guide

Platform and region?

I've had full TT matches all morning on Xbox in Australia region.

Message 2 of 15 (1,067 Views)

★★★ Expert
@Arccturrus I only played it once since official release and had full lobbies all the time on PC in Europe.
Message 3 of 15 (1,018 Views)

@Arccturrus I hate to admit it, but this game is targeted towards kids, most kids dont play on PC.
Message 4 of 15 (989 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@GrandDeluxeGaminTrue. I think some people don’t realise just how many kids play this game. I play on Xbox, and for both GW games I literally only heard kids voices on chat. I play without mic and mute everyone for that reason. And there was a big uptick in daytime play during the school holidays.

Message 5 of 15 (983 Views)

@jnicol1975 This is the problem of this game. They need to realise that they need to cater this game of all ages. I mean think about the aiming, why did they change the aiming to slow and sluggish?

Where are the fast paced and smooth aiming. I think it's because kids aren't used to fast aiming and fast paced games, just why they "dumbed down" the aiming to cater for the kids....I dont know..maybe I'm thinking this way too much. I just cant wait if they really update the smooth and fast aiming.
Message 6 of 15 (970 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I sometimes have issues where after completing a TT match and staying for another round, only the players that have stayed are in the match, so for example, if there's 6 zombies and 4 plants that stayed, that's all that will ever be in the match - nobody new is pulled in to fill the teams out.

Most of the time though, it seems to work as intended, but it is annoying when you're outnumbered and no new players are brought in!

Message 7 of 15 (941 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@SigmaTheDJ I generally find full lobbies when I go in but yes, I find the same now - it does seem to empty out after a match & take a while to fill up again. I've wondered if it's because people are frantically going to spend their bulbs!
Message 8 of 15 (899 Views)

★★ Pro

I was going to post with the same issue on PS4. You generally join a full game but often before the next game many players drop out, leaving you with a 3 v 2 or something. This gets worse as many of the remaining players quit out rather than waiting for the lobby to fill up again (I don't blame then as it can take a while).

This must be fixable as it is way worse than other MP games. I would even prefer a "waiting for players" delay at the start of the game... You may need to wait an extra minute but at least you know you won't need to quit out.

Another side effect is that I always check the scoreboard near the start of the game, just to check there are enough players in the lobby. Would be nice for the game to guarantee that so you don't need to check.

Message 9 of 15 (816 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

I think you're hitting the same issues I notice in GW2 at times. I had this yesterday when I jumped into the portal and nothing was popping or I popped alone. I notice my NA East ping, which is normally less than 50, was over 150 so I logged off and back on, got my ping back to 45, jumped into the portal, and bam! full game of TT immediately. I play on PC for platform comparison.

Message 10 of 15 (795 Views)