Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Stronghold Tips – Get a Storm forum badge

by EA_Alexander

Original Post

Highlighted

Re: Stronghold Tips – Get a Storm forum badge

★★★ Novice

Stronghold Tips:

Do Tyrant Mine on GM1. That's it. No need to go do the other ones or even on a higher difficulty. Not worth the work/time. 

Message 41 of 88 (194 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Newbie

Storm freeze primer build.  Literally everyone else on the team can run nothing but detonators and you’ll clear everything on GM1 in less than 25 minutes.  Same strategy works on GM2 and 3, you just have to make sure your teammates help keep the storm alive. Great time!

Message 42 of 88 (195 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice
One of the main strategies we always use on any difficulty for the boss is make sure you're running two storms and an interceptor, get the to mark the boss with the their mark for death and then have two storms use their ultimate at the same time for bonus damage
Message 43 of 88 (193 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Newbie
Found the best way for me is to set up as many combos as possible and then let my friend take them all out. His ranger ability gives us health each time he detonated a combo. That plus my weird ability to know what he’s gonna do without even having to talk
Message 44 of 88 (190 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Champion

@larryhl wrote:

Haha, skip nothing? Nope. Unless drop rates are buffed to meteoric rates you'll always be better off speed running the stronghold for chests and boss loot. Sure random legendary mobs might give you something but it's not worth the extra time and instead just do another stronghold run.

It really doesn’t take that much extra time to clear those adds if you’re doing it right.

Besides, those fights are literally gameplay. You’re skipping the fun part! If you always skip all the major fighting because “it’s not worth the time,” what do you do with all that loot you get? That’s like rushing through the story and being upset that it was “too short,” or skipping through all the NPC dialogue and then complaining that the fort feels dead.

The point isn’t even to have as much loot as you can. The point is to have fun. If you’re too busy worrying about efficiency to relax and enjoy the actual game, you’re just being really efficient in ruining your own experience. Unless you just really love that whole Vault minigame where you salvage all the stuff you loot in strongholds.

Heroes and Champions are community members recognized for being helpful, constructive, and positive. More info here.

We don’t work for EA. Our opinions are our own.
Message 45 of 88 (180 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice
@cake404 more or less what happens in every loot shooter I play (warframe has the best speed runners so far :P ).
In Anthem 99% of the players I pug with just rush the objective and say goodbye. Sad story but story.
Message 46 of 88 (170 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

On the tyrant mine on grandmaster 2 you need a masterwork colossus using the flame mortar with either a rail gun or siege cannon. It's not as effective earlier in the level but when it comes to killing scorpions I havent found a better loadout. Another great colossus loadout is to swap the firewall mortar for the masterwork shock coil. I personally like using the shock coil more because you're freezing the targets and you can just melee and detonate them all but it's not as effective at the tyrant battle. So my strategy for the tyrant mine would be to use 2 colossus a storm and a ranger. Have 1 colossus use firewall mortar and the other run the shock coil. Surprisingly the ranger does extreme electric damage with a thunderbolt of yvenia(legendary) and the storm can deal serious damage throughout the match with the right sniper equipped. I have a legendary wyvern blitz with 2 procs for damage. One is 225% and the other is 75% so I can deal over 100k damage per critical hit on the tyrant. 

Message 47 of 88 (174 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

Stronghold Tips

Action Shot. Stronghold.JPG

1. Picking a stronghold.

Choosing the right stronghold for your build and experience matters. Start off by playing each stronghold on easy or normal to get a feel for the objectives and the layout of each stronghold.

2.Choosing a difficulty level.

If you are unsure what difficulty to play on start with what you find easiest and work your way up.

3. Playing with friends vs Matchmaking.

Really it's up to you. Playing with friends is great. If your solo the game will try to match you with player similar to you.

4. Best Defense & Offense.

The best way to defeat the many enemy types varies. This is something you can learn by playing. Each enemy has a weakness. This is why synergy between players matter.Knowing your role and the build you have will help determine the best plan of attack. As far as Offense Stick n Move , Learn to flank your enemy & take cover.

5. Communication & Strategy.

It's always best to use voip or party chat to communicate with your teammates. If this is not an option learn how to judge your teammates movements and play off of there strategy. Sometimes it pays to watch what others are doing while doing your part for the best results.

6. Using Sigils.

Sigils are consumables you can craft before every Expedition,Mission or Stronghold. Pick the best sigils that compliment your build and will assist you during your journey. I recommend, Armor - Shield - Gear. Each offering a unique set of buffs to help you.  

7. Loot.

Now I know loot is a hot topic. So how can you get the best loot? Well there's plenty of way's in anthem to get loot. But sticking to strongholds it goes like this. Easy-Normal-Hard - After level 30 These Difficulty will allow you to obtain Masterwork  items from a small loot pool. With each level up increasing the chance "Drop rate" at which those items will be dropping. GM 1,2,3 - Grants access to all loot in the game.Which each difficultly having it's own Drop rate for Masterwork and legendary items.

In conclusion I suggest finding what works best for you. Remember to have fun. The loot will come. Play with your friends or make new ones. The choice is yours. Good luck out there Freelancer.  

Message 48 of 88 (170 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Newbie

If alone with a storm stay back and stay alert blast'em from afar or charge and doge up close

Together: set up some prime combos with ice and let your team combo them for a 1 shot kill on a crowd of enemies do remember to still stay alert a storm should sit back and revive team mates frequently while using WIND WALL to protect them

Strong alone, stronger together

Good luck freelancers may the power of the anthem guide you

Message 49 of 88 (297 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Apprentice

If you want legendaries on gm 1 or 2 kill the trash dont just run through. There are also hidden legendary mobs like tankers and shapers hidden through out tyrants mine.

Message 50 of 88 (281 Views)
Twitter Stream