Stronghold Tips – Get a Storm forum badge

by EA_Alexander

Original Post

Highlighted

Re: Stronghold Tips – Get a Storm forum badge

★ Guide

@cake404 wrote:

Spoiler

The entrance will be on your left if you’re going back; it will be close to the surface level so don’t dive too deep. Look for a relatively narrow passage with a greenish glow. There is also a dark underwater cave farther down under that passage, but that’s not the room.

If you hear Faye mention your limited oxygen supply, you’re on the right path. Some of the dialogue when entering the room may not trigger unless you enter it before getting teleported, but the dialogue after killing the “miniboss” should still trigger properly.

Without giving it away is it worth doing a solo on GM1 for it? 

Message 21 of 88 (351 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Guide

stop dying.

Message 22 of 88 (346 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

There really isn't a single strategy that works, since they are different, BUT...

The minigun on a colossus, can make really short work of bosses' weak armor points (like the large sacs on the spider like thingy).

An icy storm can also freeze small mobs in groups/packs, so the colossus can blast its firewall right on them while they're immobilized, to then be detonated by whichever has melee, or the colossus with it's missile.

A good colossus, can also take the aggro on shield wielding enemies, while the rest of the team pounds it from behind in its weak spots.

With the right status on, it will also spread it on the nearby enemies, you might even take out the entire legion of small mobs around them in a single fatal shot.

While the storm recharge its flight time/shield, it can take cover behind the colossus with its shield up.

A colossus with Battle cry, can also first, ram the enemies, use battle cry, and keep them focused on itself, while the rest of the team resurrects a fallen team member. It's cheap, but pretty effective.

If there are multiple colossus with battle cry, they can get mobs to play "ping pong" while they're spread out, as the mobs switch aggro from one colossus to the next, this is principally good if everyone's somehow out of ammos, and you need a little while to get your abilities reloaded.

A ranger can use its ultimate to aggro a large amount of mobs, and as the surviving ones close in, the colossus either charge them, or use battle cry to diver them to itself, while the rest of the team slaughters them.

Standing in line behind a colossus with its shield raised, will protect the rest of the team too from AOE's and direct fires. If you've got two colossus, the remaining members, can literally stand behind the colossuses and be protected for most of the time that way (particularly good if you also use the environment to block enemy moves/line of sight). 

Message 23 of 88 (340 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

I can't say I have any tips to speed run mostly because I like to shuffle my Strongholds instead of playing the same one over and over and mastering the living hell out of it. The only important tips for all Strongholds in general are these:

1. Check your gear score before attempting higher difficulties because you just end up being a liability for those wanting to complete it. GM1 is for an all Epic Javelin with a couple of Masterworks earned through Hard mode. GM2 can be done with a Masterwork Javelin and GM3 just needs a fix because even a legendary Javelin takes way too long to kill basic enemies. You can defeinitely survive after patch 1.0.3 but the damage output is still pretty low because of bad rolls on Legendary gear
  2. Check your shields and health. Don't let it drop too low. Running out of combat to regen is key for any Stronghold.
  3. Try and use combos with your gear as much as you can before shooting at an enemies because the effect they have are significantly higher than any weapon including the Truth of Tarsis (upgraded Devastator).
  4. Adding on to the above, make sure you have both a primer gear (star icon) and a detonator gear (circle icon) to effectively use combos unless you're running with a squad you know in which case coordinate your setups by having teammates run all primer setups with others (especially interceptors and rangers) with detonators.
  5. Finally, make sure you and your team target Legendary enemies, Valkyries and Turrets first.
Message 24 of 88 (317 Views)
Highlighted

Strategy greatly depends on level of the team and your Jav, plus the level you are playing on.  If you are High Epic and in a group of the same, and are playing on Hard, then it really doesn't matter, go have fun.  If you are a high Epic and you are starting out on GM1, with a group of the same, then the best advice that will carry over to all situations, is play as a team, stick together, and don't freelance.  Once you get to at or near 700 masterwork, then GM1 becomes much like Hard, and you can do pretty much what you please, as long as you don't get totally stupid.  At this point GM2 starts feeling like early GM1 and you need to play as a team, and support each other. 

Easy things to learn, and that helps....  If you are going in to revive a teammate, on all classes except Colossus, Dodge just before landing.  This means the enemies lose lock on you, and will take a second or two to reacquire you and start shooting, which means half the revive time is free from any damage.  If reviving a colossus, put his body between you and most of your enemies, as they will often shoot him(which takes no damage) instead of hitting you.  If you have a support power to protect you, use it or if reviving in pairs, one uses it, and the other revives.  If you are storm, you can usually put up Windwall from a distance...if you see someone reviving, or about too, then use it to protect them if they are out in the open. 

All turrets have a weak spot on the back of them....if you can damage it enough in a short time, it will blow the turret without having to kill all the health.  The typical cannons in forts have a round barrel like thing hanging counterbalance to the gun barrel, that on the bottom is the weak-spot. 

I have found that pretty much all classes can revive while in Ultimate animations....so if you have an enemy close to a teammate, and have ultimate ready to use, you can fly down, activate the ultimate, revive your team, and often still shoot while doing so....win win...

If you are playing with high epic and above Javs....don't try to tell them how to play a level or section....they probably already know, and have an idea how to best use their Jav.  Everyone staying on the platform in the Scar Fort, isn't always what is best for the team and that particular Jav...especially Colossus' and some Storms....particularly when the other team mates aren't killing the lightning storms spawning and they are killing flight and shields, which since Colossus' doesn't really have a shield actually damages health of them.  Only reason to push staying on the platform is to rush the section, by staying below for a mob killing Colossus, he can bottle up all the bugs, stay healthy and keep the main platform clear of them so they can not worry about anything other than killing the lightning balls.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 25 of 88 (312 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice

My best tip for Tyrant Mine: Shoot the lightning orbs! This stops you from overheating.

Second tip: 2 people at the top of the ramp so you can both combo the heck out of everything before it reaches the top of the ramp.

Finally: Simple and easy, more people in the circle, the faster that stage will go.

Have fun!

Message 26 of 88 (304 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Best advice...dont play strongholds in fact dont play the entire game until loot is fixed.....

On a serious note...tyrant mine have 1 player break off from the group and go to the 2nd part where you collect orbs, as long as the 1st part isnt cleard you can take down the 4 turrets without any other scars around...there you go guys now you can go patch this instead of fixing stuff thar actually matters...

Message 27 of 88 (301 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Guide

@larryhl wrote:

For relic room, there are 2 fragments in each room. I've seen some people say not to get the fragments all at once. I feel that this is misinformation. As soon as all fragments are restored, the Scars despawn. It is in your best interest to get the objective done quickly and not prolong that fight. When you transition to stage two, Interceptors really should be shooting the electric balls that spawn around the top so that they stay IN THE RING. Unless you're running either of the glaives, you're not going to be helping with the Skorpions coming up the ramp. Leave those for our other Javelin friends, but don't just AFK either.

Bad advice...you want to kill all the scars because loot drops....hold 1 relic and dont put it in until the 2nd wave of scars is down....also kill all the spiders in the hallways....basicly kill everything and skip nothing....

Message 28 of 88 (288 Views)
Highlighted

Champion

@AcKilleeZ wrote:

@cake404 wrote:

Spoiler

The entrance will be on your left if you’re going back; it will be close to the surface level so don’t dive too deep. Look for a relatively narrow passage with a greenish glow. There is also a dark underwater cave farther down under that passage, but that’s not the room.

If you hear Faye mention your limited oxygen supply, you’re on the right path. Some of the dialogue when entering the room may not trigger unless you enter it before getting teleported, but the dialogue after killing the “miniboss” should still trigger properly.

Without giving it away is it worth doing a solo on GM1 for it? 

@AcKilleeZ No idea, honestly, but really it’s just an Elite, so I don’t imagine it drops anything particularly special. I would do it on Hard just to see the location and hear some extra dialogue. On GM1 you may be better off sticking with the group.

Also, the spoiler tag just contains some hints for how to find the room. Which is not even technically a spoiler, but I figured some people might like to explore and find it themselves.

Heroes and Champions are community members recognized for being helpful, constructive, and positive. More info here.

We don’t work for EA. Our opinions are our own.
Message 29 of 88 (336 Views)
Highlighted

Champion

@Jazdia wrote:

My best tip for Tyrant Mine: Shoot the lightning orbs! This stops you from overheating.

If someone volunteers for the job (for instance the friendly melee Interceptor) try not to stand in their way.

Thank you!

"From what I’ve tasted of desire I hold with those who favor fire."

[Robert Frost - Fire and Ice]

I don't work for EA. The opinions I express are my own.
Message 30 of 88 (340 Views)
Twitter Stream