Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Stronghold Tips – Get a Storm forum badge

by EA_Alexander

Original Post

Highlighted

Re: Stronghold Tips – Get a Storm forum badge

★★★★★ Apprentice

DON'T *CLAP* SKIP *CLAP* MOBS, *CLAP* THEY *CLAP* DROP *CLAP* LOTS *CLAP* OF *CLAP* LOOT!

Message 11 of 88 (402 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice

Well first is getting the right gear to take advantage of the storm. Blast damage (AOE) and elemental are its best tools.  Using Divine Vengeance in combo with the storms strong elemental damage makes GM1-GM2 a simple task, and is super fun to play.  I use Hailstorm to freeze targets then burst them down with a few hits from the divine vengeance. 

For Dominion, only enemy's with this build that hurt are the Turrets, Brutes, Elementals, then Lancers..Just about in that order.   Easy rotations are of course freezing then hitting their weak spots waiting on the div proc (hits anywhere from 20k-40k) much more than any ability.  setting up combos is what you do but wont need to have a detonator since this is so strong...again its also an aoe. If freeze didn't work they probably have a shield so hit them with your focus seal (Seal of the open mind) shied will be gone and free to freeze em..then again 2 second burn with your beautiful weapon. 

Scar are super easy to hit weak points the only hard enemy that will hurt are the Turrets and hunters. With the update they can now be stunned or frozen so its a fair fight but once you have them pinned your divine vengeance will take care of the rest. The snipers don't hurt too bad as long as you play line of sight games..they give you plenty of warning to either hit them with either hailstorm or open mind.. both should knock them back or stun. 

I use Vassa's back bar only for the legendary and luck it has on it...that being said ideally elemental furry is best for that 100% damage charge right before dropping your ulti. (anywhere from 400k-500k) however divine vengeance is just far too strong... the best part and most crucial is stacking fire sigils one epic and one rare, leaving you with another slot for dealers choice.  I use armor on my storm so I have just the right amount of health to play with being in a critical status every so often capitalizing on the Emergency power component that give you a full uli back.  

Remember..none of it works if you dont hit the weak points..

Message 12 of 88 (400 Views)
Highlighted

Stronghold Tips (extended discussion)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

As for tips, honestly my biggest one is help your team, I can't tell you how many times I have had AFKers leaving me to basically two man the SH. Keep an eye out for downed players despite the respawn timer it is quicker if you get them back up. And learn the mechanics of the game take it slow on your first few runs and don't skip ahead.

Message 13 of 88 (483 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Regarding Scar Hunters I have found the "Divine Vengeance" to be invaluable.. Works very well on all Scars to be fair and like the above post mentions don't forget to select the right consumables. Most probably go for shields and weapon perks which to be fair is useful. However, I have found setup to boost say fire (weapon above in questions) is amazing. Also stacking epic and rare adds 50% 

Message 14 of 88 (402 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

@xXLordNevikXx wrote:

Could only get your first image to load bro?

Message 15 of 88 (381 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Apprentice

I started out by running each Stronghold in Normal first (as I leveled up) to get a handle on how it played out, where the potential "wipe" spots\phases in each area are etc... Then moved to Hard and when I had enough MW items moved to GM1 w\o too much of a problem. GM1 is when small mistakes can start to cost you to\or your party to get wiped. I haven't done GM2\3 yet, as currently there are absolutely zero rewards to do so, and even if there was a slightly better drop rate. Furthermore, reading about the mobs 1-shotting you or spending several minutes to take out basic mobs (bullet sponges) sounds entirely unenjoyable.  

One concern I have is that the difficulty in doing Tyrant Mines on GM1 is FAR easier than doing the other 2 strongholds, and the rewards are the same. I like the Temple of Scar Stronghold, however the difference in difficulty in GM1 compared to Tyrant Mines is ridiculous, and again, there is no incentive to tackle a harder\more time-consuming stronghold, when the rewards are the same. Also, the final boss in the Temple of Scar on GM1, is a complete wipe zone in most groups that I have been in. A much more difficult boss fight without any reward difference.

The Heart of Rage Stronghold is very similar to Temple of the Scar, besides it being currently bugged 1/2 the time (zoning in at\during the Monitor fight?). I find this stronghold to be the most boring out of the 3. The first part, leading up to the Monitor fight is fine\engaging, but the Monitor Fight itself is really boring and time-consuming (just a big bullet sponge), again without any real reward for doing it.

Currently, if you are trying to farm MW\Legendary items there just isn't any incentive to run Temple of Scar\Heart of Rage on GM1, when you can get the same drops in an easier\quicker fashion by running Tyrant Mines and doing Legendary Contract over & over (as repetitive as they have become).

Message 16 of 88 (375 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Guide

My plan, as a Ranger with a really nice light machine gun with 145 bullet clip is just to mow down the trash mobs around the other Javelins in the mission. I also try to set up the Interceptors and Colossus with combos so they can take down mobs in melee faster and safer. I've also had a lot of success going back to back with another ranger, me killing what's behind him and vice versa. Really helpful in some situations. I pop a bulwark and he pops a muster point. Crazy killing. Plus having a sniper rifle that freezes things in place is helpful for the melee attackers.

Message 17 of 88 (354 Views)
Highlighted

Go to church and pray to your God that you can complete a mission without it crashing and losing all your loot.

Message 18 of 88 (345 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice

Ok, This one's pretty easy.

If you're looking to grind loot, run Tyrant Mine on GM1. 

Stay in the circle, rinse and repeat.

End of strategy.

Message 19 of 88 (304 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice

I learned that there is a secret room in the Tyrant Mine today. Thanks everyone!

My tips for Tyrant Mine specifically (haven't done any of the other strongholds, Heart of Rage as a story mission doesn't really count) are:

Take out turrets quickly. These go down super fast with any sort of coordinated attack, but if everyone goes and does their own thing, turrets can and will wipe your party.

In the first room, DO THE OBJECTIVE! Too many times I see people get too caught up fighting that they don't return the echoes. The encounter goes much quicker if you return those echoes fairly quickly. Do clear out the bottom before moving to the top though.

In the second room, clear turrets, then clear mobs, then do echoes. Because of the two stages, it's better to have an empty map before you trigger the second stage. In the second stage, take out the Gatekeeper ASAP. Then clear mobs and grab echoes.

For relic room, there are 2 fragments in each room. I've seen some people say not to get the fragments all at once. I feel that this is misinformation. As soon as all fragments are restored, the Scars despawn. It is in your best interest to get the objective done quickly and not prolong that fight. When you transition to stage two, Interceptors really should be shooting the electric balls that spawn around the top so that they stay IN THE RING. Unless you're running either of the glaives, you're not going to be helping with the Skorpions coming up the ramp. Leave those for our other Javelin friends, but don't just AFK either.

For the boss, mobs spawn from the cave mouth directly under where the Queen disappears. Don't bother killing that one random soldier on the other side of the map. Other than that, people seem to have the boss fight well in hand.

Message 20 of 88 (304 Views)
Twitter Stream