Re: Strike packs

by Sand_spitter

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Strike packs

★★ Pro

Perhaps someone from EA could clarify this for me please.

Why are players using strike packs not being banned? Is the hardware not being detected or what?

The Bahrain servers are littered with these things and I don't have the option of switching servers as the next one is 8000 miles away. It just doesn't work.

I'm seeing players with perfect aim and crouch spamming at lightning speed and it seems to only be getting worse. There is no way to win against these players.

I find it extremely unfair that the rest of us had to learn recoil control the hard way but these guys can just press a button.

I don't have a clip of my own gameplay yet, but here is a video showing what I mean:

https://www.reddit.com/r/apexlegends/comments/o5dpvm/what_is_this_they_proceeded_to_win_the_game_wit...

Surely this can't be ok?

Message 1 of 10 (1,359 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Sand_spitterThis is something Hideouts has commented on. He said if there is pure proof they are indeed using a strike pack in terms I would assume fire rate that easily can be seen in a video then he would take action on the account. Just need to share it on twitter and or his discord. 

https://twitter.com/RSPN_Hideouts?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

https://discord.gg/a5RnyRTt

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

View in thread

Message 5 of 10 (1,285 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Expert
@Sand_spitter LMAO! What the heck was that?! Yeah I think they are unable to recognize the packs. On the other hand, they did say that they have a system in place to know if you're using one during the ALGS. Unfortunately no word if that also applies to regular games.
Message 2 of 10 (1,307 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@Sand_spitter

In some ways, the strikepack abuse has been worse than the cheats we see on PC. I know people who have been reported who continue to use strikepack macros with literally zero consequence.

I whole heartedly believe that there are more macro-strikepack using controller players than there are PC cheaters.

Diamond and Master lobbies on console have a TON of people using this as an edge. Strikepacks dont make bad players good— they make skilled players even more lethal.
Message 3 of 10 (1,295 Views)

@Axs5626Sxa5001 Yeah, they are WORSE than the cheaters on PC, because of how subtle the hack actually is.

It's been a CONSTANT issue on console for SO long, and STILL nothing has been done to rid the world of these FALSELLY skilled players.
Message 4 of 10 (1,288 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Sand_spitterThis is something Hideouts has commented on. He said if there is pure proof they are indeed using a strike pack in terms I would assume fire rate that easily can be seen in a video then he would take action on the account. Just need to share it on twitter and or his discord. 

https://twitter.com/RSPN_Hideouts?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

https://discord.gg/a5RnyRTt

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 5 of 10 (1,286 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Sand_spitter Ah yes, that was the thread that taught me for the unpteenth tiome never to bother posting on the reddit sub. Thanks for reminding me, I need frequent reminders to maintain discipline. I got a slough of downvotes from people who believe that using a controller with paddles represents an unfair advantage as if Sony and Microsoft don't sell such products.

Message 6 of 10 (1,275 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@E9ine_AC @Here's the best part - other people were telling me it's lag. So previously I never reported anyone. (not like the report function works anyway..)

Only when I started Googling crouch spam on strike pack did I realize what it actually was. I clipped an end game fight where the Wraith was doing that to a guy's deathbox, but I didn't get footage of them using it during the rest of the match as I only got to spectate that team at the very last fight. It's one of those 30k high stat Wraith players. You can clearly see the crouch spam while shooting at the deathbox only but it wasn't used to kill the last player. My reasoning is if I can clearly see its being used how do we not know other macro's weren't used that that I'm not even aware of? Do you think it would be considered enough proof?

If I don't quit the game for good, this is becoming a habit as I'm spectating and recording whole matches from now on. These people need to go!

Message 7 of 10 (1,245 Views)

★★ Pro
@Axs5626Sxa5001 That's bs, these players need to get tf out my lobby.
Message 8 of 10 (1,243 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@pandareno1999There's nothing wrong with paddles. Same as a mouse with buttons on the side. It's the software that makes it cheating.

Oh yeah, and don't post on reddit - that community doesn't live in reality at all sometimes. 

Message 9 of 10 (1,239 Views)

★★ Pro
@SILVERisSORRY I agree, now I'm very sceptical of the stats I see. It's no wonder every second player is shooting at pro level now.
Message 10 of 10 (1,231 Views)