Re: Strike Pack Bannable?

by Zeelmaekers

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Strike Pack Bannable?

★ Novice

So I came back to my dorms to find my roommate playing apex on my ps4 using MY strike pack from back during my bo3 days. I reached out to ea support to try and be proactive and received a couple of emails back but they were vague and did not answer my question - they only copied and pasted the rules of the game - which don’t specially mention if strike pack mod use is illegal. I want to know if my roommate effectively ruined my account by doing this. Is the use of strike pack mods bannable? Will my account be banned?

Joe 

Message 1 of 9 (45,389 Views)

Accepted Solution

I would stay away from it and just use a normal controller.

This can be detected and could result in a ban.

I wouldn't be to worried about your account being banned.

But keep in mind, that you don't share your account any more.

This is against the EA User agreement and could result in cases like this. Wink

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

View in thread

Message 4 of 9 (45,317 Views)

All Replies

Hey there!

I had to google this and found these have macro's on them.

In that case yes they are banable.

If you can me provide with a link or tell me how these work i can confirm if these are.

I would just stick to normal controllers as this doens't give you any advantages.

Message 2 of 9 (45,365 Views)

★ Novice

Well unfortunately they are sold and marketed in Walmart, Target, GameStop, etc. 

https://m.gamestop.com/product/ps4/accessories/ps4-strike-pack-fps-dominator-controller-adapter-with...

I know they have different mod settings that allow recoil to decrease, rate of fire on semi automatic weapons to be as fast as possible simply by holding trigger, etc. They don’t have aimbot or wall hacks or anything of that sort. Probably the biggest benefit is the button mapping which allows a player to switch controls to any button - which was useful in both black ops and fortnite. Since apex doesn’t have wallrunning or double jumping I never used it for this game, but since finding my roomie using rof and anti recoil on my account I’ve been pretty worried...wondering if I should just ax the account now and create a new one 

Message 3 of 9 (45,359 Views)

I would stay away from it and just use a normal controller.

This can be detected and could result in a ban.

I wouldn't be to worried about your account being banned.

But keep in mind, that you don't share your account any more.

This is against the EA User agreement and could result in cases like this. Wink

Message 4 of 9 (45,318 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@SourTiddyMilkI keep asking them the same and show proof of the cheating. They lock the thread and I can’t even see it... yup it’s cheating mega facts, do they care? Doesn’t seem like it

Message 5 of 9 (23,001 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

something you can buy at the world most known gaming store can result in a ban? what a joke.

Message 6 of 9 (17,461 Views)

★★★★ Novice

The joke of a matter is you ressed a dead  old thread to put your 2 cents in that is frankly wrong. If you have an advantage over other players...BECAUSE YOU MODDED something. Its black & white.. Its cheating. Its not oh but I just wanted to add more buttons. If a default controller doesn't have it..you are creating an unfair playing field.

Message 7 of 9 (16,688 Views)

★ Expert
@ramboozer Kinda funny this thread comes up when I just posted about this on reddit.

Mind blowing, and worrisome, that some players don’t see any issue with strikepacks.

https://www.reddit.com/r/apexlegends/comments/pb9vbi/prestack_in_ranked_all_running_strikepack_rapid...
Message 8 of 9 (16,668 Views)

Community Manager

Hey folks,

Since this is a pretty old thread that's already been resurrected once after it was inactive for a long time, I am going to lock it to prevent further necro-posting. 

Thanks!

Kent.png
Message 9 of 9 (16,665 Views)