Re: Strafing

by SethCurry

Original Post

Strafing

Hero

How is it some players can just strafe soo much faster then others? Are they using turbo on controllers? Someone just zoomed left and right on me a wraith to be exact super fast. I would assume not a cheater as she has a lot season 1 wins through 4. But her strafe was crazy fast much faster then i can move left and right. 

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 1 of 21 (2,587 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@E9ine_AC We have the same hackers here since S1 unfortunately.

Wraith having a small hitbox means she can avoid a lot more bullets than say Gibby purely on hitbox size as he would strafe left and right the exact same distance but still be hit with every shot that she wouldn't.
Message 2 of 21 (2,564 Views)

Hero
@apostolateofDOOM Well wraith recently hitbox was changed to be much bigger.

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 3 of 21 (2,557 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

Nah i know what he means... some peoples strafe movements happen at like full sprint speed side-to-side at rapid speeds, sometimes it even almost appears like there are 2 of them.

Without understanding of what's occurring, it certainly does lead you to believe there's some kind of foul play at work. 

They don't slowly drift side to side, they rapidly ping pong.

Message 4 of 21 (2,519 Views)

★★★★ Pro

it's the character movement speed mixed with auto run.

The other legends that have the same quick movement while strafing is: Besides wraith

1. Mirage
  2. Crypto
  3. Octane - when on stim though
  4. LifeLine

Getting caught ADS while someone else is strafing is a losing battle. You either have to counter strafe, jump, crouch shoot  and repeat or Slide jump crouch shoot rinse repeat etc.

If you play the with the same character you will see that your out starfing your opponents. Unless they're doing something I mentioned with counter strafing.

Then again If your playing this on Pc then yeah probably a cheat using speed hack or something.

I don't know if the strike pack allows this on console or not.

Message 5 of 21 (2,477 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@E9ine_AC Different setups go into Firing range and practice your strafe by switching your buttons around or learn how to claw better.
Message 6 of 21 (2,452 Views)

★ Guide

It's not the legend, it's the weapon equipped. Go to the range.

All Pistols and SMGs allow for faster strafe moving while ADS than any other weapon. The only other Pistol/SMG-like strafe weapon, oddly, is the Mastiff.

Every other gun: LMGs, Snipers, ARs, etc. has the slower strafe movement.

Message 7 of 21 (2,413 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@Aegis_Kleais wrote:

It's not the legend, it's the weapon equipped. Go to the range.

All Pistols and SMGs allow for faster strafe moving while ADS than any other weapon. The only other Pistol/SMG-like strafe weapon, oddly, is the Mastiff.

Every other gun: LMGs, Snipers, ARs, etc. has the slower strafe movement.

I can out strafe a player with wraith and a spitfire [with legends mentioned]  

I can out strafe a playing using a havoc and Fireing it with wraith mirage [legends mentioned]

Blood hound I have to do some funnny stuff like jump around, crouch up and down etc because If I'm fighting a wraith or any of the legends mentioned they can out manoeuver me by just going side to side. or jumping back and forthe[aka mirage.] 

It's the legends movement speed and character model not the weapon.

Test this your self and use gibs  or Caustic and try to out strafe a wraith or any legends I mentioned. your not going to out strafe them with a Re.45 and a white, blue or purple mag or even a smg. because the character speed is not as agile as a wraith, mirage, life line etc. You might can out strafe a Bloodhound, or pathfinder but not those legends.

Message 8 of 21 (2,393 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@RevenanT-G7 The weapons do have different ADS speeds.
Message 9 of 21 (2,387 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@apostolateofDOOM 

I havent noticed it.

my sensitivity is very low while ADSing and I still can out gun players with any weapon even if they fire first. 

what Ive noticed is some guns have better lock on at distance then others but not ADS speeds for weapons.

Message 10 of 21 (2,384 Views)