Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Storyline is unknown?

by Sebacid

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Storyline is unknown?

★★★★ Novice

The biggest thing I am missing in the demo is a proper, addicting start to a storyline for the game. It's all nice and good to demo the actual gameplay like flying, fighting, modding etc., but that all comes self repeating after a while and the actual storyline is what keeps the game alive and interesting. Think Dragon Age and the starting scene at the castle where the main protagonist loses his parents at the end and is given the ultimate motivation and aim to revenge the betrayal! Now if this first part was a live demo for Dragon Age I would pay anything to get my hands on the full game! Right now I am seriously considering if Anthem is worth my money? I fear the game come very repetitive with same type of missions over and over again: Shoot, fetch, repeat… Shoot, fetch, repeat… Biowares strength has always been in compelling storylines that capture the player from the very start and that's what's missing here… I don't see a mass effect or dragon age here… I guess they never intended to either, but what I need to give my money to this game is some serious storyline to get addicted to!

Message 1 of 8 (105 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Storyline is unknown?

★★★★ Novice

There is a start to the storyline, but since I do not know if the Alpha content is still under NDA I won't go into specifics.

But I don't think you should expect the same level as in previous Bioware games. From what I have seen this is primarily a loot shooter and you should expect a lot of repetitiveness.

View in thread

Message 6 of 8 (70 Views)

All Replies

★ Apprentice
I guess withholding story from the demo gives us a zero spoiler entry. We have the general idea of the story and a taste of the voice acting and facial animations.

I prefer not having spoilers and big story moments in the demo. I want to experience on a character that has meaning to me. We don’t keep demo progress, so I’m not attached to my Javelins or character in any way.

But I certainly understand what you are saying! A good taste of story would make you want to buy the game and experience it all! But, in due time. Standard smile
Message 2 of 8 (93 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I really enjoyed the little taste of story mission that we got - did you play the Matthias mission, or even speak to Amal? 

Message 3 of 8 (89 Views)

★ Apprentice
@ms45 I agree! The little bit we did get to taste, was interesting! I particularly loved talking to Lucky Jack, Zoe and Matthias. Very fun characters with unique personalities. Standard smile
Message 4 of 8 (78 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I believe talking to Amal is a side-story that we would have. That one is really interesting .
Message 5 of 8 (76 Views)

★★★★ Novice

There is a start to the storyline, but since I do not know if the Alpha content is still under NDA I won't go into specifics.

But I don't think you should expect the same level as in previous Bioware games. From what I have seen this is primarily a loot shooter and you should expect a lot of repetitiveness.

Message 6 of 8 (71 Views)

★ Pro

I love what little story and the conversations with characters we've been able to have in the demo, and can't wait for more.

Message 7 of 8 (65 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I did, but they were more like side quests and quickly reverted back to shoot, fetch, return combo. :D Like WorkerDroid replied later in this post, I fear this game is more loot and shoot than actual RPG...
Message 8 of 8 (47 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help