Re: how hard is story mode in jedi fallen order

by jmordreddev

Original Post

★★★★ Novice
@DYSPROssium The point is: the STORY MODE should not require that you "learn how to correctly parry/dodge or attack". I am there for story, not for parrying dodging attacks. STORY MODE should be about "spam clicking the way thru fights" and enjoying story. Thats the whole point of STORY MODE - not requiring people who do not want / or do not like combat, to fight. Otherwise it should not be advertised as STORY MODE.
Message 11 of 52 (1,020 Views)

Re: Story Mode is overly "difficult" for a "Story Mode"

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

If you read my complaint, it's not a matter of difficulty so much as it is being longed out by regening stamina and spongey enemies, which shouldn't be a factor on Story Mode.  I haven't died once or anything, but I do find it frustrating when a Purge Trooper and 3 scouts gangbang me into a corner and stunlock me and then I have to methodically spend 5 minutes parrying and killing them all, when all I want is to experience the story.

I have tried to the other difficulties and I can play find on Jedi Knight (I didn't try Master).  But the thing is, I'm not playing the game in a way where I want to engage in combat... I switched to story mode because I want the narrative.  

As cheesey as it is, a story mode should allow you to spam your basic attack from start to finish, because it's meant for people who just want narrative and not the gameplay elements.

ME3 which I mentioned originally, you could play start to finish with the basic pistol, without any upgrades on it.  That's how a story mode is supposed to be.  Enemies are supposed to die in 1 hit, in fact they should be a total non-concern.   Now I know this game obviously isn't ME, but the point is there's Story Mode done right - and this isn't it. 

Message 12 of 52 (952 Views)

★ Guide

It's too hard for what a story mode should be. 

Message 13 of 52 (1,011 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@MetaSatori exactly, couldn't have said it better myself.

Alot of people here don't seem to grasp what a story mode is supposed to be.  It's not supposed to be easier combat - it's supposed to be combat being a non-factor altogether.  I should be able to mow everything down with light attacks and get on with the story. 

Message 14 of 52 (1,010 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@boychik0830 I am generally bad at video games, playing with a newly bought xbox one controller yet never died in combat so far (5 hours in).
If someone has problem even at that level that guy should just watch walkthroughs... really... Noone should cater for that bad players.
Message 15 of 52 (970 Views)

★★ Novice

i will probably play on jedi knight as i'm not playing for the story but just want easier combat.

Message 16 of 52 (952 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@budzaihow is it catering, do you not understand the concept of what story mode is supposed to be? It's not about struggling, it's about the fact you still have to play the combat and parry, worry about force usage and all this junk.

That's not what a story mode in game is supposed to be.... it's supposed to be a mode for people who just want the story.  

Message 17 of 52 (908 Views)

★★★ Novice

Atm it is not fun to play this game.

I started the game as Jedi Knight, but switched to story mode very fast.

And still it is often too challenging and frustrating.

Especially the lack of fast travelling (level emergency exit) or multiple save points without respawning enemies spoils the pleasure.

My work is challenging enough, I want to relax when playing a game in story mode.

Message 18 of 52 (871 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I switched down to story mode and it is fine.   Challenging combat but not too easy.

Story mode as some of you are suggesting, for this game would, be just cut scenes, etc.  

The game play fits the story, it is a journey.  Cutting out the platforming and combat and it is a movie, not a game.

Do you want to walk video to video?

Message 19 of 52 (842 Views)

★★ Novice

They should have just call it easy mode instead of story mode if that it what it really is. If I was playing a game for the story I would just play a telltale game or beyond two souls, heavy rain until dawn or Detroit become human. I am not a fan of story based games I just want easier combat but still want to play with all of the same gameplay as everyone else. I play games for their gameplay not their story. The name story mode sounds misleading based on what you said in your comments. 

Message 20 of 52 (834 Views)