Re: Story Idea

by TheRealJony

Original Post

Story Idea

★ Novice

Hello EA

I truly appreciate you trying to make a whole story with the daybreak/nightfall, Ferrari FXX-K Evo etc. events all connecting.

However, I have also created a story surrounding the game itself. I shared it on the Google+ community and people are telling me to share it with you. I hope you'll read it as I think it would be a good idea, both financially and creatively, to maybe take some inspiration from this, but that's just my opinion.

This is what I shared on Google+:

"So I have written down how I see the world of NFS:NL and the character. I have wanted to do this for a long time because I love making a story and having this story in the background when racing makes the game feel a lot more alive for me. I'd like to put a small DISCLAIMER over here: This is the way I see things, I am not saying this is the way you should view it😀.

So let's start with the world building:

My character is born in England, living in a city like New York, with the difference that this city is surrounded by a lot of nature, mountains, etc.

The place he lives in is a place which has a lot of history with cars. Ever since the first ever car was created there were races and championships over there. Everything was good. This was until the 6th of may 2013, when a Koenigsegg CCX crashed at the Gran Turismo of Blackridge (This is an alternate reality, so the Gran Turismo is in Blackridge in this universe).

Because of this accident all championships, kinds of street racing and basically everything having to do with racing was banned. The player was 25 days from turning 10 when this crash happened and just turned 10 when the government had officially implemented the new rules. The character was fascinated by cars and by racing from a young age and he was devastated by this, so were many other citizens and people all around the world. Having the racing city of the world ban racing was a shock for many people.

Ever since then all people who kept racing or holding tournaments despite the implementation of the new rules were prosecuted and put in prison or worse. Vigilantes appeared, who also raced and tried to sabotage and catch either the cops or the illegal racers.

A black market of cars and car parts came into existence. Even blueprints for cars became something to sell. The latter was because the cops guarded all borders of the city and smuggling cars into it was basically impossible. Some people associated with this market are Kim and Kelly.

Because of this people started to build real production cars themselves, some failed and faded out of the racing scene. Although there were people who kept trying to have the same reputation they had before the implementation of the new rules. An example of this is Jean Claude, yes, Jean Claude...😂. In my imagination he was actually an A-tier racer before the new rules were implemented.

Some were competent enough at it and represent the random opponents you see in tuner trials.

Some were actually pretty good at remaking the cars according to the blueprints, these represent almost all other characters in the game.

But there was one person who was the best at remaking the cars, and this was the player. This is because of his interest in cars since he was a child, and his intelligence and perseverance.

But that was not all, in these blueprints people found a mysterious fluid, now known as nitrous. But as all things go, slang appeared for the word, making the word abbreviated to nitro. People started to try and make this fluid in real life, something the individual car companies never succeeded in. Eventually they succeeded and Blackridge became the only city in the world to have access to a fluid called Nitro.

The cops became relentless and killed citizens and their own force when prosecuting racers. This is because of them ramming citizen or cop cars, often even on purpose so the racer had to dodge flying cars or crash into them.

So, street races were often held, combined with deals. If you won you could get prizes and fame, but the opposite was true for if you lost.

People like the organizers appeared, they held tournaments purely for the people, they did not do this for their own gain. Every year they managed to smuggle one car into the city. This car would be used for the devil's runner. The organizers made the runner have a real stock car for one very noble and important purpose only.

This was finding a runner who was careful when on the road, avoiding to crash and injure other people at all cost. The person the organizers found the most fit for this was the runner. They did this because they wanted to show the police that real cars made by companies were safer than copies made by people, which is true. This way they hoped the rules considering the ban on racing would be changed or even disappear.

The police were stubborn and did not want to leak this information. If people would know their rules and and they themselves endangered people rallies would be hold and the police would be shamed. This made the cops prosecute the devil's runner and the organizers even more than they already did.

So now for the player:

My character is born in England, living in a city like New York, with the difference that this city is surrounded by a lot of nature, mountains, etc

As previously said he is 15 years old and the rule was implemented when he just turned 10. The player was interested by cars as soon as he could talk and understand things, the older he got the smarter he got when it came to cars. He became a genius at making and improving cars. His love for cars resulted in him being devastated by the ban on racing. He was angry at the cops for making ONE accident into a massive ban. He was a Koenigsegg fan, and knew it was not the fault of Koenigsegg. He didn't understand why the cops didn't understand it either. Or if they did understand, why they would use one person not focusing while driving as an example as to why all racing should be banned.

The player was so good at making cars he often improved stock cars to be way faster, without taking away their character. This is way the racer often seems so overpowered. It's not him being lucky, it's him being smart. He realised racing was not all about skill, but about being smart too.

He was disgusted by how the cops endangered people, resulting in him accepting the offer of becoming the devil's runner.

The player has been racing for almost 5 years now, his first race ever was him taking the 97th place at the first devil's run.

After that he got a taste for it and continued to win many runs, win many challenges and tests (knows as proving grounds).
He got involved in many things. He tries to take down the underworld, demotivate racers who don't deserve their titles or endanger people, and just try to take * out of the racing scene.

He collected many cars, met many new people and is generally a pretty happy person because of him living his dream and helping people out."

Message 1 of 2 (1,304 Views)

Re: Story Idea

@Trapp-chan Good read.

There are some parts I particularly liked.

TrappedGamer1 wrote:

Ever since then all people who kept racing or holding tournaments despite the implementation of the new rules were prosecuted and put in prison or worse. Vigilantes appeared, who also raced and tried to sabotage and catch either the cops or the illegal racers.

This brings some NFS Underground vibes.

Races that take place on public streets, but away from the public eye. (Or at least most of the time in your story for that matter)

TrappedGamer1 wrote:

A black market of cars and car parts came into existence. Even blueprints for cars became something to sell. The latter was because the cops guarded all borders of the city and smuggling cars into it was basically impossible. Some people associated with this market are Kim and Kelly.

This brings some NFS Undercover vibes.

Players are given jobs to smuggle cars into the city.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Need For Speed helper

I am not affiliated with EA in any way.

I have quit playing NFS No Limits. I will still be around to answer NFS No Limits questions.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 2 (1,159 Views)