Storm point feels awkward to play on in pubs

by soccerking122

Original Post

Storm point feels awkward to play on in pubs

★★★★ Pro

From what I've heard it's a great map for ranked (much better than kc) because it has less third parties to deal with and is more spacious.

The downside is basically that the map is too big and you don't really run into anyone until late game if you don't choose to land by the coast line areas like most of the map does. (from my experience) 

As for the loot, in some areas there's a solid amount, in other areas, it's very lack luster and i find myself having to run over to a main poi just look for better. (loba is going to be much better on this map for this issue)

Prowler and spiders were a cool idea,  they just need to drop more loot since so many of them spawn and shooting them will attract other teams who happen to be near by.

Summary: great looking map, but the lack of travel hurts a bit, some areas need a buff for loot, needs more banners for crypto to scan, some areas feel awkward to fight based on the terrain. 

Message 1 of 19 (646 Views)

Re: Storm point feels awkward to play on in pubs

Champion
@soccerking122 They need to put some more tunnels in the mountains. And add some jump towers. Then we could actually move around better.

Oh and loba doesn't help when the loot doesn't exist.
Message 2 of 19 (626 Views)

Champion
@soccerking122 I haven't played any ranked on it yet, but I honestly love it for pubs! The loot could use a little TLC, but I'm sure they'll address it in a future patch (hopefully sooner than later). I have plenty of matches on all maps, where I don't see or hear any enemies until I'm already top 5, so I wont hold that against any specific map.

I'm fine with the wildlife in pubs, but don't think they should be in ranked/tournaments

I'm loving the fights on the new map so far! The previous maps have felt really flat to me, and I am loving all the elevations on the new one!! I've had some really fun fights so far, and have had much less 3rd party deaths than previous maps. I'll see how it shakes out over the next week or two, but I'm digging it, so far. I'm sure I'll notice other stuff once I use more legends and deal with more situations.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

"Play me online? Well, you know that I'll beat you.
If I ever meet you, I'll control-alt-delete you!"
Message 3 of 19 (624 Views)

Betreff: Storm point feels awkward to play on in pubs

★★ Guide

@soccerking122  schrieb:

because it has less third parties to deal with and is more spacious.

Who says that? There is not less, it is much worse. I have only played the new map ranked, yes it was not a third party, but 5-6-7-8 party. This map is complete garbage.

Message 4 of 19 (610 Views)

@hayhor have to agree with you, a few more jump towers wouldn't go astray, more for going in uphill directions as the sliding downhill for miles is great fun Large smile

If the cannons could be rotated 360, it would help a lot too. 

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png
Please note:
I am a Community Volunteer.
I do not work for EA.
My views are my own.
Message 5 of 19 (574 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Hot take/unpopular opinion: I miss Fragment. 😅

Message 6 of 19 (569 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Cheese9Man follow link to help you

de-fragment Large smile

https://www.ccleaner.com/defraggler

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png
Please note:
I am a Community Volunteer.
I do not work for EA.
My views are my own.
Message 7 of 19 (512 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@hayhor I haven't had issues with loot.
Message 8 of 19 (477 Views)

Champion
@Lord_Scorpion34 If you drop with other teams you will. It is so spread out.
Message 9 of 19 (462 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@hayhor Good thing I haven't been doing that then 😂. We dropped in the hole earlier today & I somehow made it out alive lol! I recorded the 'escape' cuz I have no idea how I didn't die lol.
Message 10 of 19 (410 Views)