Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Storm needs to be buffed

by Shaddoll23

Original Post

Highlighted

Storm needs to be buffed

★★★★★ Guide

240+ hours in with the interceptor, storm and collosus all in the low to mid 700 gear scores. I play all 3 at Gm3.  The damage for the storm does not match the other two. And doesn’t feel that great. And the damage gap between them is quite large. This isn’t something that I just noticed but my squad and others have also experienced.

Theres a couple reasons why I think. 

First being guns primary operate on physical damage leaving you to split for a class that primarily wants to operate on elemental damage. Leading in a loss. 

Second the power of combo and melee scaling is a lot stronger then the storms abilities offer. Collosus and interceptor really pump out serious damage through melee, and collosus’s combo passive. Storms need a way for their damage to match this kind of power in their own playstyle. 

third damage abilities have some long cool downs, long cast times and mediocre damage, the amount of damage you get for the down time just isn’t worth it.  It also doesn’t help that two of the components heavily negate some of the effective of eachother. A storm is likely to push for a elemental ability spam build that needs high ability damage and low cool downs. It seriously hurts them when you need both of those things to be effective and the components lose 40% of their effectiveness when put on together. Please change the two negatives of the components. The elemental components are also a joke. 5% bonus that’s it? These really really need buffs. 

Overall I’d say cooldowns are too long, abilities damage too weak and poor kit synergy. Really hope to see changes to bring the storm up to par  with colossus and interceptor. I’ve really enjoyed all 3 and I’d like to feel I’m really doing my part in damage like I do with the other classes Standard smile 

Message 1 of 4 (188 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Storm needs to be buffed

★★ Apprentice
This pretty much my experience with it also. It seemed fine in gm1 but in grandmaster 2&3 it really just felt weak. I ended up switching to the colossus and never looked back since. I was really surprised with how much damage It dishes out.
Message 2 of 4 (186 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Guide

I play as a Storm only and I do find that Storm is underpowered compared to Colossi or Interceptors especially on harder difficulties. Today I played the Heart of the Storm twice in a team with three Interceptors. I basically had nothing to do there until the fight with the Titan and the fight with the Monitor. Both times Interceptors where annihilating all small enemies in no time. This makes the game boring to me as I do not feel that I am contributing much into the team effort while fighting the small enemies. I have to wait for big enemies as this is the only time when I have a certain combat advantage over the Interceptors. It should also be noted that during the first time I was playing HoR with three Interceptors they all left before the final boss fight, the second time Interceptors died several times during the boss fight while I had no issues at all during the boss fight dealing ~150k damage per sniper rifle shot in the Monitor's sides and ~300k per shot to the Monitor's head.

In addition to that Storm has to fight enemies while hovering, which means that it is harder for Storm to hide from the enemies behind obstacles, so very often Storm becomes under very heavy fire from the enemies. The health bug makes things even worse.

Message 3 of 4 (156 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Guide

@AI_AB_AI  yeah I’m really hoping we can get something done for us. We really need the help

Message 4 of 4 (106 Views)
Twitter Stream