Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Storm completely broken

by xXLordNevikXx

Original Post

Highlighted

Storm completely broken

★★★★★ Apprentice

I * you not guys I have tried everything from boosting shield, boosting armour to boosting both and my storm gets one shot in GM 2 at 630. I mean I don't particularly think that should be happening when I have 4 mw components squid that have shield and armour boost on plus I put the shield and armor boosts on in the menu (forgot what it's called)

I mean how badly is this game designed???? It's taking the * now.

Message 1 of 8 (273 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Apprentice
I play a 5/6 universal component weapon build on my storm a lot in GM2/GM3 content and am fine (3 bars of health). Most runs I don't go down at all or more than once. Positioning and distance is key if you are feeling squishy, don't sit in the middle of the fray or float above a whole bunch of enemies and expect not to get shot down.

That said, scrappers, and their basic enemy equivalent within the outlaws, dominion and scorpions all seem to have an increased +Aim buff where the shots will curve into you more as you increase the difficulty to GM2 and GM3. Only thing you can do is make sure your team has someone in charge of freezing/ccing them and killing them so everyone doesn't get shot to pieces by small arms fire.

I definitely do more hiding and waiting for shields to come back then actively killing stuff when I solo play too, having a team freeze/cc/retarget the mobs onto themselves helps survivability a ton.

Lastly, there is a bug we sometimes get where it acts like you don't have any health or all incoming damage does 100% of your health and you get one-shot by anything. That sucks. Mostly just resetting the game or waiting for it to go away as you play more is our only solution. Or take a break >.>
Message 2 of 8 (258 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide
yes...even a grunt can melt you if you stand still on gm2 already. you gotta move, they do actually miss moving targets. what i mean is that you arnt supposed to tank it, more health just means you can survive for a second or two longer under fire, without shielding or evasion.
Message 3 of 8 (247 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I think your gear is not ready for GM2  .  4 MW components?  You need 6 there at least and weapons with armor and shield  . At least you should have full MW gear (not with bonus ammo inscriptions) before you shout "broken!"

The tooltip is ridiculous . Before the changes it said you need a full MW gear (except support ofc) to go GM2 no it says somethign like 550? ehh (thats about epic)

Message 4 of 8 (224 Views)
Highlighted

★ Pro

Your body may be ready, but your javelin isn’t. 630 is bare minimum to start dipping your toe into gm2, imo, and you better have great rolls and gear that synergizes well with each other.

i think your expectations are unrealistic. 

Message 5 of 8 (212 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@Banfilidh wrote:

Your body may be ready, but your javelin isn’t. 630 is bare minimum to start dipping your toe into gm2, imo, and you better have great rolls and gear that synergizes well with each other.

i think your expectations are unrealistic. 

ya this Everything orange isn't a cure all. Equip a crowd control like chaotoic rhime..make sure your gear refresh rate is high. Im barely into my 700s with stuff i like and occasionally GM2 gets too deep for me.

Message 6 of 8 (174 Views)
Highlighted

I have a full MW with some Legendaries 704 Storm and I can't solo around GM2.  My 660 Colossus can stomp around and have fun, but not my Storm.  With even one other person to take the heat off, my Storm becomes effective, it just can't handle EVERYONE shooting at them all the time.  Heck, the way they can hit you seemingly across the map/combat area is just unreal.  Of course sometimes I think the hits are bugged, cause I know I died BEHIND cover on the Scar Temple boss fight...looked around and no one was within sight yet I died.... 

If you want to GM2, find helpers, or other players on the map and stick with them.  If you want to solo, go back to GM1 freeplay.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 7 of 8 (163 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice
after looking at the components make sure they give you the proper amount of shield and armor. the universal masterwork armor component only gives like 200-300 more armor on the stat itself. however the storm specific component usually has around 2k of each. legendaries add 2k-4k shield and armor. That being said I have a 788 storm and can now solo everything but GM1 is still by far the most fun and best grind ratio. IMO keep to the grind my storm friend those components and stacking passives are key
Message 8 of 8 (133 Views)
Twitter Stream