Re: Storm Point

by CompleatBeet

Original Post

Storm Point

★★★★★ Novice

After 3 days of playing on the new map. Storm Point is the worst map out of all the maps we have now. They said this map was supposed to counter third party fights 😂. There are still third parties going on but it's not as bad it was with Kings Canyon (3rd version). They also said 15% larger than World's Edge 🤣. Which World's Edge we talking about here the first and original one from Season 3 with Crypto, the second one from Season 4 with Revenant or the third one from the Season 10 with Seer? Because the last time I checked every time the devs changed or take an area out it shortens the map. Like Skulltown from Kings Canyon it shorten the map promoting more third party fights despite adding new dropped areas from pervious seasons and event. With World's Edge it became more balanced a favorable map for comp players the only argument that players in upper ranks and lower ranks that players where tired of dropping into the same loot area of course Fragment City.

With Olympus none of that was the case. However with Storm Point good looking map but very bad to play on. It's too wide and large for no reason. No places are safe to land and loot for a short time before fighting. Massive wide open spaces with no loot for miles. No large areas of terrain to block off teams from seeing fights or easily rotating to them. Loot distribution is very bad plus have to run for miles and miles to find enough loot to last for at least one fight.

Message 1 of 2 (136 Views)

Re: Storm Point

★★★ Pro

Hey @llAnxiety2Kll 

Interesting take. Personally I love Storm Point! Aesthetically the second best map (Olympus has the edge it's just gorgeous) and gameplay wise it's not too bad! It is a massive map with tons of ground to cover, but there are a lot of Tridents and Gravity Cannons around the map to help with that. 

Loot distribution in general isn't too much of a problem for me, I usually land at points of interest and get more loot as I go, so it's never really a problem for me.

I also personally love the wildlife feature, it's not much if we're talking serious competitive Ranked play, but as a somewhat casual player I love the idea of wildlife in the game, it's a nice touch for a tropical island map. 

Message 2 of 2 (125 Views)