Stop the trend of selling recolors for 20 bucks.

by WreckingVi

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Stop the trend of selling recolors for 20 bucks.

★★★ Pro

Wtf is this logic and trend? Recolors right now in store they all should have been sold with Legend tokens. 

Message 1 of 37 (1,173 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Stop the trend of selling recolors for 20 bucks.

★★★★★ Expert

It said GOLDEN week but it seems like PURPLE week.

Agree, it's simple recolor, it should be with Legend Token. 

I'm NOT get fooled, so I will NOT buy this rip off knock off.

KnockOff.PNG

View in thread

Message 2 of 37 (1,166 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Expert

It said GOLDEN week but it seems like PURPLE week.

Agree, it's simple recolor, it should be with Legend Token. 

I'm NOT get fooled, so I will NOT buy this rip off knock off.

KnockOff.PNG

Message 2 of 37 (1,167 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@asukojo Wtf XD. And why isn’t it called Coli or Cula xD

@WreckingVi People still buy it so Respawn thinks cha-ching
Message 3 of 37 (1,149 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

Vote with your wallet, people. If you're like "OMG they are ripping us off! But hey, this recolor looks nice, I'm buying it", it's you who drives the market in this direction.

Message 4 of 37 (1,143 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

EA is an incredibly greedy company. They could sell these skins for $3 a pop and even sell the characters for $5 a pop, not unlike Starcraft or Heros of the Storm. Instead, they make sure only the whales and streamers have the skins.
Most of the skins are really bad too. Buying anything below a purple rarity skin is moot.
EA is a parasitic company that needs to be broken up. There is no reciprocity here.

To contrast the above, the season pass is well priced. $10 for 3 guaranteed skins isn't bad, but even better you get to play and 'earn' even more.
EA needs to project this onto it's other purchasable items. The game isn't balanced enough to warrant spending $20 on a single character skin. They need to fix playing with rando's first, because the players that you're matched with are incredibly stupid.

Message 5 of 37 (1,137 Views)

Champion
@asukojo Omg those flavors! 🤣
Message 6 of 37 (1,113 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@PraetorOfOleaSo first you say that the company needs to be broken up and then that it’s not warranted to spend $20 on a skin. I got a solution that may put this in motion.

Stop playing games made by EA and in this case stop playing Apex.
If multiple people did this, there would not be an EA and also no $20 skins. But luckily for people like me, there is an EA and I just don’t buy or care about pixels behind a paywall that 99% of the time do nothing beneficial for me.

Would lower costing skins be better, yes, but what will happen then:

1) More people claiming EA making too much money and becoming more entitled about free stuff

2) People who have whaled before claiming unfairness about price changes just like the Pre-buy heirloom shard holders

3) A LOT more skins to entice people. 

Message 7 of 37 (1,088 Views)

★★★ Expert

There’s no skin worth 1/3-1/2 an entire video game, real in or brand new skin, IMO 

Message 8 of 37 (1,059 Views)

★★★ Pro
@DoYaSeeMe this is really the case but the thing is whales and streamers buy them and that's enough for them. If we were getting something to spend our legend tokens, I wouldn't mind. But right now looking at current skins for this week, they are surely recolors that could go with Legend tokens. They are not even re-textured hard core like War Games and anniversary event.
Message 9 of 37 (1,030 Views)

Greed overpowers logic, nearly always. It's obvious in this case. A blind man could smell it.

Message 10 of 37 (1,015 Views)