Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Stop missinformation please

by DaboTheDuck

Original Post

Highlighted

Stop missinformation please

★★★ Apprentice

I keep seeing people saying "they stealth nerfed the drops" or similar variations of this. The drop is RNG (random number generation (people don't seem to know what this means)), which means sometimes you will feel like it rains loot and other times you won't get anything really. 

Unless you have actual evidence, please stop with the misinformation. I understand you may want the game to die, but there are people who truly enjoy the game and want it to succeed for years to come.

Just because you have a bad experience does not mean you need to ruin it for everyone else or be toxic.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 71 (970 Views)

Re: Stop missinformation please

Yes, no need to wear those tin-foil hats... Standard smile

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't work for EA, but I adore BioWare's Mass Effect, Dragon Age & Anthem.
I can be found here on EA Answers HQ and on BSN forums: http://bsn.boards.net
Message 2 of 71 (957 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

They added embers...added...to chests

Some people believe these are replacing item drops thus a loot nerf.  This has not been my experience as there's still 3-5 items in SH chests.

However, some people are reporting, zero items in chests, only embers dropping on occasion.  Possibly a bug, possibly fake news.  

I can say, in FP, sometimes world event chests only drop 1 item and embers.   I don't recall less that 2 items dropping prior to the patch that added embers.

Also, I've never received 2 items from a hidden chest in FP since change.Either 2 embers, or 1+1.  Previously 2 items was common.

Definately has altered FP event chests as 1 item + embers is fairly common.  Before, was so rare, possibly never as i don't ever recall seeing it prior to patch, but noticed it immediately after.

Since we cannot see what loot others are getting in SHs, it's not really fair to call it misinformation.

Only BW knows if it's an intended change, an unexpected bug, or people BS'ing.

Message 3 of 71 (940 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@LegendaryIII 

Bioware did say they changed the loot drops for the FP chests because people were exploiting the system and chest farming instead of playing the game.

I know this may not be the popular way for people to get items, but you can craft them. You can't craft legendaries, but you are able to craft MW items with good stats. To me, it does not seem like many people use this feature; they would prefer for the item to just drop rather than craft an item.

I don't really want to argue, but I do believe it is fair to call it misinformation when people make these claims after a patch drops that supposedly (I use this because there is no way for me to actually know) has nothing to do with loot drops.

Message 4 of 71 (929 Views)

★ Guide

@DaboTheDuck wrote:

I keep seeing people saying "they stealth nerfed the drops" or similar variations of this. The drop is RNG (random number generation (people don't seem to know what this means)), which means sometimes you will feel like it rains loot and other times you won't get anything really. 

Unless you have actual evidence, please stop with the misinformation. I understand you may want the game to die, but there are people who truly enjoy the game and want it to succeed for years to come.

Just because you have a bad experience does not mean you need to ruin it for everyone else or be toxic.

Thanks!

I think you should stop misinforming please, you've made a statement and just screamed RNG so follow your own critera by providing evidence of rng and a detail explaination of the system in use in the game please. Cause I have played many many games with rng and all of them have one thing in common if you put in the long hours and kill ridiculous numbers you eventually get drops, Well this game doesn't, I've put in 8hr days one after another for a week with nothing to show for it and funny enough after the patch I got 2 in 3 hours which now that I think about it was the same after the previous patch that always struck me as odd but must be rng hey. and I've put in long session since and nothing so the cheap azz reply is its rng well it's a ridiculous rng then that is going to require years of grinding to gear. So that my personal perspective which makes kinda believe the guys who have posted the same expierence numerous times and disbelieve other posts which offer no constructive information to the contrary.

Message 5 of 71 (917 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@Xenowulf 

So the evidence I have that this game uses RNG is the developers said this game has RNG for loot. I never claimed the RNG is good though.

What I am saying in my post is people claim stealth nerfs to drops, but I would like to see why they believe this. I would like material that I can form my own judgement from. When loot rained a while back, Bioware said "oops we didn't mean to do that. We are reducing the loot drops." They were open about what was going on.

This last patch dealt with bugs and server issues, but people are claiming the loot was nerfed as well. My buddy got 3 legendaries in 2 missions, so either we are the minority and unaffected by this stealth nerf or people are making false claims. 

I just like to know the facts. If I misinterpreted your reply then I am sorry.

Message 6 of 71 (902 Views)

★ Pro

You can't craft MW Components unless you spend an eternity grinding out rep for Champion of Tarsis and even then you don't get the ability to craft all the components.

I do agree with not spreading misinformation but the Luck + RNG current situation is a little haphazard you have to admit.

Message 7 of 71 (886 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Doesn't really matter if there was a stealth nerf or not when the loot system is garbage to begin with.

Message 8 of 71 (880 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

To start: I do like this game, despite all the issues, and want it to succeed.

BUT: to be fair, as someone said above, the added embers were causing a problem. They were, in fact, replacing item drops sometimes in SH chests. And yes, there have been multiple times that a SH chest dropped nothing but embers. And on top of that green embers were dropping with them as well, and this was in GM3...

Conversely: those ember slots also turned into additional items sometimes, as well. Multiple legendaries at once too, on super rare occasion. So no, I wouldn't call it a nerf. But it's also not misinformation either...

The reason no one uses the crafting is because, once you get to where all you need is legendaries, there's no point. Like you said, you can't craft legendaries, and that's also part of the problem. Because a masterwork with good, even great stats, is still completely outclassed by the sheer scaling difference of a legendary of the same thing with crap stats.

Not to mention the MW components. By the time you finish that ridiculous rep grind, even people with the worst RnG are still going to find those obsolete by then. There's a lot of things in this crafting system that make no sense and/or are badly designed...

Hoping this "mastery system" and "new items" listed for the new content in the next update addresses some of that. If not, the crafting system is going to need some significant attention...

Message 9 of 71 (869 Views)

★ Guide

@DaboTheDuck wrote:

@Xenowulf 

So the evidence I have that this game uses RNG is the developers said this game has RNG for loot. I never claimed the RNG is good though.

What I am saying in my post is people claim stealth nerfs to drops, but I would like to see why they believe this. I would like material that I can form my own judgement from. When loot rained a while back, Bioware said "oops we didn't mean to do that. We are reducing the loot drops." They were open about what was going on.

This last patch dealt with bugs and server issues, but people are claiming the loot was nerfed as well. My buddy got 3 legendaries in 2 missions, so either we are the minority and unaffected by this stealth nerf or people are making false claims. 

I just like to know the facts. If I misinterpreted your reply then I am sorry.

I see the problem, The point is no one knows the loot system, there have been some good guesses and the loot nerf theory was based on supposedly a dev comment on the system (unconfirmed) That chest get a roll on number of items X say and then there in further rolls on what wep, mod etc then quality so on and that as there is a set number of items by adding embers your diluting the original roll thus lowering your chances to actual get gear. This is a sound premise but it relies on the fact that this it actual how it works and have they increase the range of initial drops. So again we just don't know how it works for sure (well I don't) Standard smile But we do know it's a very complex process and not a simple % drop rate cause I can tell you with hours I put in and the kill count I've amassed hasn't paid off at all and if it was straight % I would have had some results by now.

Message 10 of 71 (859 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help