Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Stop listening to "influencers" and listen to the actual player co

by Silversurferguy
Reply

Original Post

Re: Stop listening to "influencers" and listen to the actual player co


@GaliusHeart wrote:


And yet I do not see these "clever and good" people pushing EA on the simple fact that they have dropped the ball on how loot is done.  ...

The fact these "clever and good" people said nothing about that means they are NOT a good connection between the Devs and the players.


You were not in the meeting, I would have every expectation that they will have given feedback on loot. On what basis do you think they would not? By all means, share your views, but making stuff up about people out of thin air hardly makes a credible argument.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't work for EA, but I adore BioWare's Mass Effect, Dragon Age & Anthem.
I can be found here on EA Answers HQ and on BSN forums: http://bsn.boards.net
Message 21 of 33 (471 Views)
0
Highlighted

Re: Stop listening to "influencers" and listen to the actual player co

★★ Guide

@GhostDoggSamurai  Don’t worry he dismisses and denies everything

Message 22 of 33 (469 Views)

Re: Stop listening to "influencers" and listen to the actual player co

★★★ Apprentice

@SofaJockeyUK wrote:

@GaliusHeart wrote:


And yet I do not see these "clever and good" people pushing EA on the simple fact that they have dropped the ball on how loot is done.  ...

The fact these "clever and good" people said nothing about that means they are NOT a good connection between the Devs and the players.


You were not in the meeting, I would have every expectation that they will have given feedback on loot. On what basis do you think they would not? By all means, share your views, but making stuff up about people out of thin air hardly makes a credible argument.


My proof is that no mention of it being brought up by EA, Bioware, or any influencer has happened.  Now prove to me it WAS brought up.

Message 23 of 33 (466 Views)
0

Re: Stop listening to "influencers" and listen to the actual player co


@GaliusHeart wrote:


My proof is that no mention of it being brought up by EA, Bioware, or any influencer has happened.  Now prove to me it WAS brought up.


Sure, I'll DM one of the GameChangers and ask them to confirm it to me. Maybe I'm wrong, but I doubt it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't work for EA, but I adore BioWare's Mass Effect, Dragon Age & Anthem.
I can be found here on EA Answers HQ and on BSN forums: http://bsn.boards.net
Message 24 of 33 (461 Views)
0

Re: Stop listening to "influencers" and listen to the actual player co

★★★★★ Apprentice
Dont be too butt hurt. You the player will always have the biggest power to change the game based on if your even playing or not.

There was a play strike a few months back. They listened then with a loot shower.
Message 25 of 33 (445 Views)
0

Re: Stop listening to "influencers" and listen to the actual player co

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@SofaJockeyUK wrote:

What foolishness is this thread?

 

The 'GameChangers' who met with BioWare at EAPlay will have given direct and helpful feedback, which adds to feedback from other sources such as this forum. Why would BioWare not listen to people who are deeply knowledgeable about Anthem (who are 'actual players') and who have large player communities who themselves give feedback about the game?


Do you happen to have a source or interview, where these "GameChangers" met Bioware and they are taking their feedback, if so what was discussed where I can read it online or in a video? I haven't seen anything about this, maybe I missed it. 

 

All I know is BioWare has been ignoring feedback for a long time, nothing has changed with the loot nor the way the direction of the game and people seem quite frustrated about that. The only thing I saw was a video of Ben Irving stating that he will be listening to "Influencers" about feedback and the other thing I saw was posted here: https://www.reddit.com/r/AnthemTheGame/comments/bzerni/this_is_why_i_cant_take_them_serious_on_liste...

 

They are not taking any feedback it seems and with Cataclysm starting already with today's update..I really fail to see how they can take, discuss and implement that much feedback in this short of a time. Programming and changing content is no joke, its a lot of work..but you mean to tell me they read all the feedback, discussed it in their meetings and are applying it THIS fast? If so..wow that is impressive. I am not being sarcastic..I hope that is true, that would be great.

 

If they are listening to people finally, that's great and I'd love to see where and the responses! That would certainly ease a lot of peoples concerns about the game and feed back. Standard smile But I have a feeling there has not been many CM or Dev replies, but hopefully you can link all the stuff so we can see it!

Message 26 of 33 (399 Views)

Re: Stop listening to "influencers" and listen to the actual player co

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@QuinxderWell first off did you know there are distinctions between words? For one, which I'm hoping you took the time to watch the mini-interview at EA Play. Ben in the interview said he is looking forward to influencers and game changers feedback.

 

Then if you would kindly go to EA's own website you can see for your self what that distinction is "Influencer/Game Changers" here https://www.ea.com/game-changers/disclosure and https://www.ea.com/game-changers . In no means does that description of influencer/game changers is synonymous with "player".

 

Also to note seeing how the position Ben is in and the state the game is in, I think common sense would encourage him to have a mastery of the English language and communication skills to actually put to word what his true intentions are, after all, this is why Anthem is in the state that it is.

 

I would like for you to go to the many Reddit postings about feedback and such and see how many response's they're from EA/Ben. I'm not sure if you play other games, but from my experience, those other companies such as Square Enix when it came to ffxiv clearly makes the distinctions from "players feedback" and "influencers/game changers" feedback.

 

Edit for formatting and to add: Also if regular players are supposed to be "influencer/game changers", then why wasn't everyone who played Anthem invited to give feedback or not invited to the EA influencer before the game launch to help promote the game? I'm not sure if you personally know any "influencers" but I do happen to know one of them that were invited to EA event. If you can kindly look at the image provided, I don't seem to have one of those, even though I've been playing since the game came out. Does anyone else have it? Cause if regular players are influencers we all should. FYI, my influencer friend doesn't even play the game anymore.

 

Influencer

Message 27 of 33 (390 Views)

Re: Stop listening to "influencers" and listen to the actual player co

★★★ Apprentice

@Meier538 wrote:

@QuinxderWell first off did you know there are distinctions between words? For one, which I'm hoping you took the time to watch the mini-interview at EA Play. Ben in the interview said he is looking forward to influencers and game changers feedback.

 

Then if you would kindly go to EA's own website you can see for your self what that distinction is "Influencer/Game Changers" here https://www.ea.com/game-changers/disclosure and https://www.ea.com/game-changers . In no means does that description of influencer/game changers is synonymous with "player".

 

Also to note seeing how the position Ben is in and the state the game is in, I think common sense would encourage him to have a mastery of the English language and communication skills to actually put to word what his true intentions are, after all, this is why Anthem is in the state that it is.

 

I would like for you to go to the many Reddit postings about feedback and such and see how many response's they're from EA/Ben. I'm not sure if you play other games, but from my experience, those other companies such as Square Enix when it came to ffxiv clearly makes the distinctions from "players feedback" and "influencers/game changers" feedback.

 

Edit for formatting and to add: Also if regular players are supposed to be "influencer/game changers", then why wasn't everyone who played Anthem invited to give feedback or not invited to the EA influencer before the game launch to help promote the game? I'm not sure if you personally know any "influencers" but I do happen to know one of them that were invited to EA event. If you can kindly look at the image provided, I don't seem to have one of those, even though I've been playing since the game came out. Does anyone else have it? Cause if regular players are influencers we all should. FYI, my influencer friend doesn't even play the game anymore.

 

Influencer


I did ask, if "Influencer" is a synonym for "no player". I did not mention, "Influencer" is a synonym for "player". In fact, asking ppl to not listen to influencer but to players could also be changed to do not listen to human but to players. Its nonsense and there is no "supposed to be". There is no correlation between these words. A player can be an influencer and an influencer can be a player, also an influencer can not be a player. So the topic actually is totally wrong, cause a player can be an influencer. Simple as that.

 

You dont have a pass because nobody knows you and you dont have idk 10 milion instagram subscriber or what ever. That means, nobody cares whether or not you have an oppinion to the game or if you promote the game. EA of course is interested in getting good reviews from people with active social media accounts and a lot of subscribers. That can be players, like MarcoStyle. He is an influencer but guess what? He is a player as well.

Message 28 of 33 (335 Views)
0

Re: Stop listening to "influencers" and listen to the actual player co

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@QuinxderI 'm sorry and don't mean to come off as rude, but I don't know if English is your first language or if it's just a misunderstanding. It seems like you don’t seem to understand my original post or haven’t seen the mini-interview at EA Play. For one, this thread is in response to the EA Play interview and the current state of the game. Ben Irving at the EA Play stated he is looking forward to feedback from “influencers/game changers” when in reality, those that are influencers and game changer don’t play the game anymore.

 

Secondly, Influencers and game changers are a far few number of people versus the collective whole that bought this game. Influencers and game changer DEFINITELY DO NOT SPEAK FOR ME, so him saying they are looking forward to their views and feedback is a slap in the face to those people such as myself and the many thousands that play this game and provided their feedback on Reddit and on here.

 

Third, my response post also presented to you the distinction between game changes and influencer because you seem to not understand the consequences that Ben Irving has on the community of Anthem players. Many that care about this game and that have bought this game are feeling that they are being scammed and their opinions and feedback are invalidated, especially with his remarks at EA Play and the disconnect between developers and player base.

 

I am not sure if your one of those that put these “influencers/game changers” in the status that they are in but I certainly do not believe or support trash such as that. I play games based on my own opinions and not what someone else says/reviews. An influencer is only a thing because people are not able to think for themselves so they hive mind. They are only interested in their pockets (money) and could care less about the overall state of the game. 1, 10, 100 game changers/influencers are not greater than 1k, 10k, 100k, 1M consumer that bought and played this game.

Message 29 of 33 (224 Views)
0

Re: Stop listening to "influencers" and listen to the actual player co

★★★★ Novice
@Quinxder I'm sorry and don't want to come off as being rude, but I don't know if English is your first language or if it's just a misunderstanding. It seems like you don’t seem to understand my original post or haven’t seen the mini-interview at EA Play.

For one, this thread is in response to the EA Play interview and the current state of the game. Ben Irving at the EA Play stated he is looking forward to feedback from “influencers/game changers” when in reality, those that are influencers and game changer don’t play the game anymore.

Secondly, Influencers and game changers are a far few number of people versus the collective whole that bought this game. Influencers and game changer DEFINITELY DO NOT SPEAK FOR ME, so him saying they are looking forward to their views and feedback is a slap in the face to those people such as myself and the many thousands that play this game and provided their feedback on Reddit and on here.

Third, my response post also presented to you the distinction between game changes and influencer because you seem to not understand the consequences that Ben Irving has on the community of Anthem players.

Many that care about this game and that have bought this game are feeling that they are being scammed and their opinions and feedback are invalidated, especially with his remarks at EA Play and the disconnect between developers and player base. I am not sure if your one of those that put these “influencers/game changers” in the status that they are in but I certainly do not believe or support trash such as that.

I play games based on my own opinions and not what someone else says/reviews. An influencer is only a thing because people are not able to think for themselves so they hive mind. They are only interested in their pockets (money) and could care less about the overall state of the game. 1, 10, 100 game changers/influencers are not greater than 1k, 10k, 100k, 1M consumer that bought and played this game.
Message 30 of 33 (265 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help