Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Stop listening to "influencers" and listen to the actual player co

by GhostDoggSamurai

Original Post

★★★ Guide

Am I not an 'actual player'?  I've been playing this game since it came out.  Other than a three-day hiatus, I play 4-6 hours a day and more on weekends.  I am not a streamer, so my opinion doesn't count?  I'm pretty sure there's a ton of players here who easily surpass my participation.

I dunno - I don't want Anthems future dictated by pre-pubescent sweaty neckbeards eating pizza pops in Mom's basement and blowing Bioware.

Message 11 of 33 (410 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
As long as the people who have been making decisions - stop making decisions.

If they listen to everyone about everything it will be a null game across all fields perfectly balanced to where all guns are basically the same with half finished classes and ideas cluttering the game up.

They need to find a direction that is successful with the masses and go that way. Right now its like they are lookin around a cave with a box of matches running after anybody with credentials greater than their own for confirmation and an attaboy.

Hate to say it but...
They actually need to stop listning to "us"
Message 12 of 33 (405 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@SofaJockeyUK wrote:

What foolishness is this thread?

The 'GameChangers' who met with BioWare at EAPlay will have given direct and helpful feedback, which adds to feedback from other sources such as this forum. Why would BioWare not listen to people who are deeply knowledgeable about Anthem (who are 'actual players') and who have large player communities who themselves give feedback about the game?

What (expected) foolishness in this comment! 

They don't listen to any of the people here or on reddit. We've been asking, begging, screaming for the loot to get fixed for months and they still haven't done it. Every day, on AHQ, Reddit, Twitter, YouTube, etc, etc. and still, they do nothing about it. They don't listen.

And no, nothing in the PTS counts until it goes live as the PTS could change from day to day.

Message 13 of 33 (381 Views)

★★★ Guide

@MaireDevylin wrote:

@SofaJockeyUK wrote:

The 'GameChangers' who met with BioWare at EAPlay will have given direct and helpful feedback, which adds to feedback from other sources such as this forum. Why would BioWare not listen to people who are deeply knowledgeable about Anthem (who are 'actual players') and who have large player communities who themselves give feedback about the game?

What (expected) foolishness in this comment! 

They don't listen to any of the people here or on reddit. We've been asking, begging, screaming for the loot to get fixed for months and they still haven't done it. Every day, on AHQ, Reddit, Twitter, YouTube, etc, etc. and still, they do nothing about it. They don't listen.

And no, nothing in the PTS counts until it goes live as the PTS could change from day to day.

Yet they have said themselves that the loot is not in a good place and they are working on it. They announced back sometime in April that they were looking for people to hire to help with the loot. Its June and the game has been out less the four months. The whole idea of the PTS is what....to get player feedback before it releases right? So your complaints shouldn't be they are not listening but more so they are not working fast enough to make the game better for me. If you dont have patience then move on...constantly complaining or making false statements like they dont listen isnt going to make the game better.

Message 14 of 33 (358 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice

@SofaJockeyUK wrote:

No need to be so dismissive, SofaJockeyUK.

Message 15 of 33 (351 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I have yet to see an "influencer" actually be helpful when ot comes to dealing with game devs.  They are often boot lickers that ignore the huge problems that the vast majority of the playerbase have and just praise the tiniest fixes as if they totally change the game.

Loot sucks.  It has sucked for 4 months.  This is unacceptable and anyone making excuses for it being in the state it is right now is, for better lack of a word, an idiot.

Message 16 of 33 (341 Views)

@GhostDoggSamurai wrote:

I think the dismissal is merited.

There are some clever and good people who met up with BioWare at EA. The reason they have 'GameChanger' status is because they are active and connected to the playing community.

To advocate not listening to their feedback (as well as feedback from other sources) is beyond dumb.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't work for EA, but I adore BioWare's Mass Effect, Dragon Age & Anthem.
I can be found here on EA Answers HQ and on BSN forums: http://bsn.boards.net
Message 17 of 33 (300 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@Meier538 Sincen when is "Influencer" a synonym for "no player"?
Message 18 of 33 (296 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@SofaJockeyUK wrote:

@GhostDoggSamurai wrote:

There are some clever and good people who met up with BioWare at EA. The reason they have 'GameChanger' status is because they are active and connected to the playing community.

To advocate not listening to their feedback (as well as feedback from other sources) is beyond dumb.

And yet I do not see these "clever and good" people pushing EA on the simple fact that they have dropped the ball on how loot is done.  4 months is too long for this issue to see no fix.  Not only has there been no fix but they accidentally DID fix it, twice, but then quickly patched it out which only pissed people off even more.

The fact these "clever and good" people said nothing about that means they are NOT a good connection between the Devs and the players.

Message 19 of 33 (289 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@GaliusHeart wrote:

@SofaJockeyUK wrote:

@GhostDoggSamurai wrote:

And yet I do not see these "clever and good" people pushing EA on the simple fact that they have dropped the ball on how loot is done.  4 months is too long for this issue to see no fix.  Not only has there been no fix but they accidentally DID fix it, twice, but then quickly patched it out which only pissed people off even more.

The fact these "clever and good" people said nothing about that means they are NOT a good connection between the Devs and the players.

They did say, but Bioware is simple unable to fix it because of their lack of competence.

Message 20 of 33 (284 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help