Stop dropping hot like you are a pro streamer!!

by RichAC

Original Post

Re: Stop dropping hot like you are a pro streamer!!

★★★ Apprentice

it both is and isn't shroud/dizzy/name a twitch streamers fault

they make it look easy and it really isn't lol

everyone wants to be shroud until its time to fight 6 guys on their own

Message 31 of 50 (485 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@RichACPlease tell me you don't realisticly expect everyone in a random group, in every single match to share your view on how the game should be played? Because if so, you seriously need to get your expectations straight, otherwise you are bound to stay frustrated forever.

If you find it fun to drop on the other side of the map, where no living soul drops and play loot game for 15 minutes, until there is only a handful of squads left is fun for you, great. It isn't for everyone. If everyone played the game, as defensively, as you want it and expect it to be played... for me that game would've been infinately boring imo.

Also hot dropping isnt the issue here. You can either hot drop the smart way or hot drop the stupid way. Doing it the smart way, you hot drop with your squad and you remain closely sticked together within a single building distance. That way, once someone spot an enemy and engage them, the rest of your squad can get there within a few seconds.

I had wins where we hot drop from start, one of our squad goes on his own willy way and dies off alone and leaves instantly, leaving us two persons against full squads... yet we've gotten to a win still, because we played smart and sticked together and we didnt shine away from fights either, playing loot games, but actively seeked confrontations with other squads.

Doing it the stupid way is how usually random groups do it 90% of the time sadly. They drop into a hotzone, they spread like flies all over the zone and easily get picked one by one by more coordinated squads who are doing it the smart way.

Either way, i would take hot dropping any day of the week, over playing loot games the entire time. This is an FPS game first and foremost and you get better by engaging enemies, not by hiding from them. Does that mean I solo drop and leave my squad to fight off alone, when i dont get my way? No, it doesnt. I always stick together with them either way, because I understand that getting my way isnt always possible in random squads. So I adjust. And you should too, perhaps. Or keep getting frustrated over the fact. Its your own choice.

Message 32 of 50 (463 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

People have a general misconception of pro gaming.

Pro stands for professional it doesn't mean you're absolutely good at the actual game(s) it or them selves.

It means you're getting paid to play.

If I were paid 10 bucks to play a game, I am a pro gamer.

There are quite a lot of people with skills far better than any streamer, yet they're not pro. Because they're not playing the game for a living.

In fact I have been paid to level world of warcraft characters in the past. 
So In a sense I'm a retired pro gamer. 

And any Chinese gold farmer is a pro gamer. 

Message 33 of 50 (461 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

i never win this game (im level 53 rn)

i never win gunfight

i killed some ppl, it bz they doesnt see me and they just healing (after gunfight or in gunfight)

conclusion.

i dont have talent here, im done, im stop playing. seeya

Message 34 of 50 (445 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

It's due to everybody having the same idea, OP. Sure some want to try and be like these "pro streamers" but some want to pad thier stats too. Quick and easy kills is what people want when they drop near five or six other squads usually in Skulltown.

Personally I just roll with it. I'm not concerned about being "superleetskills" or anything like that but if I'm not the jumpmaster and my team decides to land somewhere like the hot zone or skulltown then sure I'll follow. If we die then we die, no big deal. Just hit play and try another game, no biggie.

Let people play how they want to play. If you hotdrop and your team dies (More than likely they are the type to drop, die and then quit) just duck out of the area, gather your barings and go about things at your own pace. You could at the very least make it to the top 3 for some good EXP if you play smart enough.

Message 35 of 50 (443 Views)

★★ Pro

@Kimsey02 wrote:

I am sorry, maybe i missed something but what the heck should respawn do?

Restrict their game to cater around your playstyle? Add a cooldown so that not everyone can jump immediately after someone else?

Now stop being ignorant by saying BR's should be played defensively or more careful by not dropping hot, everyone can play how they want.

You're the jumpmaster? Good, jump where ever you want.

This is a message to the players, not respawn.

Message 36 of 50 (433 Views)

★★ Pro

@OveIion wrote:

So I can't have fun and drop there where i want coz i wanna fight at the start to have fun?

Fun at others expense.  Theres alot of things in society one would consider fun thats not appropriate.

Dropping hot is fine,  but if you keep instantly dying and are piling up the losses,   its not a good thing for you to be doing.

And again, if you don't care about winning,  don't care about even playing the game,  why ruin the fun for others?

Message 37 of 50 (433 Views)

★★ Pro

@Deathlyhearts wrote:

@RichACPlease tell me you don't realisticly expect everyone in a random group, in every single match to share your view on how the game should be played? Because if so, you seriously need to get your expectations straight, otherwise you are bound to stay frustrated forever.

If you find it fun to drop on the other side of the map, where no living soul drops and play loot game for 15 minutes, until there is only a handful of squads left is fun for you, great. It isn't for everyone. If everyone played the game, as defensively, as you want it and expect it to be played... for me that game would've been infinately boring imo.

Also hot dropping isnt the issue here. You can either hot drop the smart way or hot drop the stupid way. Doing it the smart way, you hot drop with your squad and you remain closely sticked together within a single building distance. That way, once someone spot an enemy and engage them, the rest of your squad can get there within a few seconds.

I had wins where we hot drop from start, one of our squad goes on his own willy way and dies off alone and leaves instantly, leaving us two persons against full squads... yet we've gotten to a win still, because we played smart and sticked together and we didnt shine away from fights either, playing loot games, but actively seeked confrontations with other squads.

Doing it the stupid way is how usually random groups do it 90% of the time sadly. They drop into a hotzone, they spread like flies all over the zone and easily get picked one by one by more coordinated squads who are doing it the smart way.

Either way, i would take hot dropping any day of the week, over playing loot games the entire time. This is an FPS game first and foremost and you get better by engaging enemies, not by hiding from them. Does that mean I solo drop and leave my squad to fight off alone, when i dont get my way? No, it doesnt. I always stick together with them either way, because I understand that getting my way isnt always possible in random squads. So I adjust. And you should too, perhaps. Or keep getting frustrated over the fact. Its your own choice.

Its a BR game,  If you don't like looting what are you playing this game for?  GO play overwatch?

And you don't need to drop across map,  but aiming straight down after the timer reaches 0 is almost trolling to me.   Try to at least win and not ruin the match for those that are.

Message 38 of 50 (432 Views)

★★ Pro

@ThatFawkzi wrote:

It's due to everybody having the same idea, OP. Sure some want to try and be like these "pro streamers" but some want to pad thier stats too. Quick and easy kills is what people want when they drop near five or six other squads usually in Skulltown.

Personally I just roll with it. I'm not concerned about being "superleetskills" or anything like that but if I'm not the jumpmaster and my team decides to land somewhere like the hot zone or skulltown then sure I'll follow. If we die then we die, no big deal. Just hit play and try another game, no biggie.

Let people play how they want to play. If you hotdrop and your team dies (More than likely they are the type to drop, die and then quit) just duck out of the area, gather your barings and go about things at your own pace. You could at the very least make it to the top 3 for some good EXP if you play smart enough.

The only stat I'm trying to pad is my champion win stat.  Most of these kids have been brainwashed into thinking that stat doesn't even exist.  Its mind boggling.

Message 39 of 50 (431 Views)

★★ Guide

@RichAC wrote:

@ThatFawkzi wrote:

The only stat I'm trying to pad is my champion win stat.  Most of these kids have been brainwashed into thinking that stat doesn't even exist.  Its mind boggling.

Just flicked through all of the available stat trackers and can't see that one at all. I see "Wins with full squad" - "Kills as Kill Leader" - "Top 3 Finishes" - "Winning Kills" but no "Wins as Champion". The only thing I see at all that has anything to do with being the champion is the "Double Duty" badge which requires you to win a game as the kill leader and the champion. Not sure where you got the wins as champion stat from.

Message 40 of 50 (414 Views)