Re: Stop complaining about cheaters on PC

by AzGoshawk

Original Post

★ Guide

@OPL3XITY wrote:

Thanks for coming up with the numbers.

It undeniably shows that  there is an issue with cheats in the game.

I wasn't able to confirm the 17 million PC players by googling it. Could you provide me with a link? The reason for this is that if the 17 million players is not a total of all players but instead is a total of currently active players, you can't compare that number with a full total of bans. That math just wouldn't be right.

To get numbers that better represent the current state of the game, we would need to get the following variables:

- How many unique IPs were banned since the start of april

- How many unique IPs were actively playing the game since the start of april

- What are the ratios of banned players for every platform

- What are the ratios of active players for every platform

- What is the average playtime of cheaters using cheats

- What is the average playtime of cheaters without using cheats
And many more

I'm pretty sure such numbers would highly impact the final percentage of matches containing cheaters on PC.

I upvoted your post <3

You just show how unexperienced gamer you are.

Why I say that?

An experienced player knows that bans aren't issued to IPs. Simple as that.

Message 51 of 98 (461 Views)

★ Guide

@EphysaurTTV wrote:

You only probably play every time there is a ban wave but then again after a couple of hours these cockroaches comes back. I feel sorry for you for not noticing how much rampant these cheaters are, raging and even trying too hard to hide that they aren't hacking.

Below was the 1st game I have today and this cockroach is lvl 7, 16.4.19 @7:43AM, Australia. 

Hey mate, I was curious if the added screenshot was proof of hacks so I went online to see how much EXP is Level 7.

I found it to be 23350.

I just played my first game of the day and ended up dying pretty quickly (3:36).
That gave me 1546 EXP with 4 kills.

Let's do some maths!

( 23350 / 1546 ) * 4 = 60.41... Kills for Level 7.

Therefore this screenshot is not proof of hacking and actually shows fair and legit stats.

Message 52 of 98 (465 Views)

★ Guide

@AzGoshawk wrote:

Why I say that?

You got it wrong mate (I think)! IPs are important for the math to be exact because a hacker can have many accounts but only play one at a time! Therefore there can't be duplicates of the same person in a given time!

Or maybe my brain melted from programming all day. Am I wrong?

Message 53 of 98 (461 Views)

★ Guide

@AzGoshawk wrote:

Unfortunatly, your discussion didn't add any value to the cheating problem that affects this game on PC platform. Probably you are trying to be that "cool" guy that keeps saying that game hasn't cheaters, yes, those kind of guys that we found in every game's forum. But you forgot one thing, experience players detect cheaters quite fast and probably some already posted here against your "vision" (or lack of vision) here.

I believe this discussion is important. By example, an earlier post stated that there might be a relationship between the ratio of hackers and the server played on. I'm about to investigate this right now and see for myself. This discussion is not about fighting, it's about discussing the subject throughout and it's exactly what's happening.

Your posts allows me to clarify that, so I'll upvote it :D 
 <3

Message 54 of 98 (448 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@OPL3XITY wrote:

@AzGoshawk wrote:

Why I say that?

You got it wrong mate (I think)! IPs are important for the math to be exact because a hacker can have many accounts but only play one at a time! Therefore there can't be duplicates of the same person in a given time!

Or maybe my brain melted from programming all day. Am I wrong?´

ISP IPs are shared by the ISP customers, so if I reset my router I may get a new IP, and the banned IP goes to another customer. As a programmer, web programmer as you wrote, is should know that, but it looks that you don't, which makes me doubt about your programming skills.

Message 55 of 98 (445 Views)

★ Guide

@AzGoshawk wrote:

@OPL3XITY wrote:

@AzGoshawk wrote:

Why I say that?

ISP IPs are shared by the ISP customers, so if I reset my router I may get a new IP, and the banned IP goes to another customer. As a programmer, web programmer as you wrote, is should know that, but it looks that you don't, which makes me doubt about your programming skills.

No worries, I know that but to clarify, I am a front-end dev so not knowing wouldn't impact my skillset !
Most IP addresses stay assigned for a while so this wouldn't be much of a problem in the maths BUT that sure is another variable to be added to the calcul. Thanks for bringing it up.

I am fully aware that Bans are not issued on the IP. The idea is to get the amount of persons banned and not the amount of accounts banned.

Message 56 of 98 (436 Views)

★ Guide

@OPL3XITY wrote:

@AzGoshawk wrote:

@OPL3XITY wrote:

@AzGoshawk wrote:

Why I say that?

No worries, I know that but to clarify, I am a front-end dev so not knowing wouldn't impact my skillset !
Most IP addresses stay assigned for a while so this wouldn't be much of a problem in the maths BUT that sure is another variable to be added to the calcul. Thanks for bringing it up.

I am fully aware that Bans are not issued on the IP. The idea is to get the amount of persons banned and not the amount of accounts banned.

Now you know about the IPs? It smells to me that you know nothing at all. You brag you are a front-end dev, so what? I bet many players non-programmers know that banning by IP isn't the solution.

Message 57 of 98 (424 Views)

★ Guide

@AzGoshawk wrote:

Now you know about the IPs? It smells to me that you know nothing at all. You brag you are a front-end dev, so what? I bet many players non-programmers know that banning by IP isn't the solution.

I never said I don't knoiw about IPs.  I don,t brag at all, it's my profession and that all. I specifically stated that I know the bans aren't aimed at IPs.

Also I edited the initial post to remove any misconception:
There it is:

- How many accounts on unique IPs were banned since the start of april

- How many accounts on unique IPs were actively playing the game since the start of april

Now let's discuss the real subject, will you?

Message 58 of 98 (419 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@OPL3XITY wrote:

@AzGoshawk wrote:

I never said I don't knoiw about IPs.  I don,t brag at all, it's my profession and that all. I specifically stated that I know the bans aren't aimed at IPs.

Also I edited the initial post to remove any misconception:
There it is:

- How many accounts on unique IPs were banned since the start of april

- How many accounts on unique IPs were actively playing the game since the start of april

Now let's discuss the real subject, will you?

You have too many flaws in you writings that the real subject of discussion is dubious. That's my answer to your "real subject". Good night

Message 59 of 98 (406 Views)

★ Guide

Ok guys, I have some interesting data to discuss after testing 2 other servers.

So there it is:

Server Tokyo GCE1:
- 4 games played
- Encountered 1 weird spammer that constantly updated his weird message in the chat. The player was disconnected before landing in the very beginning
- Watched every match from beginning to end and saw nothing suspicious in game.
- I did see some very good aim and good decision making but nothing out of the usual.

- Encountered no weird digits nametags.
- Won 2 games out of 4.

Server Taiwan GCE1:
- 2 games played
- Encountered 2 spammers, both were disconnected before even launching from the ship.
- Watched every match from beggining to end and saw a combination of blatant aimbots and wallhacks.

- Encountered many weird digits nametags which always were blatant hackers.
- Died within the first 5 minutes during both games.

- Winning would have been a gift of gods 

@Yggize wrote:
and what server u playing again? im playing at SEA server and it fk up here ? or u telling me u playng on console and not having see any hackers around? Have u use the spectating option when u die?

Thank you for pointing this out. Very valuable input!

I must precise that I never encountered spam hacks, weird digits nametags and such blatant wallhackers like these before. The asian servers experience looked nothing like I experienced on North american servers.

I invite you all to come and enjoy a mostly hack-free experience there :D
Server: Virginia 1

Message 60 of 98 (402 Views)