Re: Still not improving on console

by Renegade_Prime86

Original Post

@AcidicSoda44031 What are your ADS and look sensitivity settings at? Typically when people struggle this much then there is something going on with their settings.

If you have your ADS settings to high.. You'll have a very difficult time tracking targets and compensating for recoil.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 11 of 38 (469 Views)

★★★ Pro
@DarthValtrex I do not even remember to be honest. I changed it so many times now... I only remember defaulting back to 4-4.
Message 12 of 38 (462 Views)

@AcidicSoda44031 Take some videos of your play and share them here. I'm kind of curious what happens when you shoot the guns.

What guns are you using and opting for?

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 13 of 38 (458 Views)

[ Edited ]

@AcidicSoda44031

Hey man, I'm finding this thread interesting.  It sounds like we are getting about at the same overall results, but that I have better gun play, while you must be better at other skills like positioning.  I've improved my shooting quite a lot over the last several months, and I attribute that almost entirely to diligently working on a set of firing range drills published by well-known TSM nutter Verhulst.  Give this a try for a while on the daily and I think your gun skill will improve.  Good luck!  Once you notice some improvement, you will be in a better position to benefit from adjusting your look controls.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6VpGzsU2lE&t=146s

Message 14 of 38 (436 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@DarthValtrex yeah you know, I tried, but I just couldn't even be bothered recording clips. Maybe I will try later.

Guns I use? Longbow, and maybe the R-301. I hate the Havoc, I avoid it like the plague. 

@pandareno1999 I think I won't be able to do any of that anytime soon, but I will try.

Message 15 of 38 (399 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

First of all there is nothing wrong with you in general.

Two things what I would like to mention.

1 Never ever for get that people have a different pace of learning, some people are fast, some slow, some never learn (I am not talking about you), plus never ever forget that there are people who play this game 8-12 some 16 hours a almost everyday.

I was just like you when I started playing 3 years ago, never played a BR game, didn't understand the concept either, and was utter trash and then, just like you did, downloaded kovaaks, aim labs, watched hundreds of hours of YouTube tutorials, nothing worked, nothing helped, I genuinely felt I got worse.

Then a good friend of mine watched my gameplay and said one thing what changed everything "You don't have bad aim, your not a bad player, the reason why you feel your are worse is because of your mentality"

And we reached number 2. tips:

- Stop telling your self you are trash, why? Because if you keep saying this, you want to prove to your self that you are not, so you stop focusing on the gameplay, and focus on the kills, what happens? tunnel vision, you don't care you just rush because you want to kill that one guy not being aware of your surroundings , you die.

- What happens in the next game? frustration, tension is already built up because you will say to your self "I am trash I couldn't even kill one guy", then when you get in a gun fight and this is really important because you are already frustrated it will horribly affect you aim. you die

- Several games go like this, you keep repeating what you do, and then you just say "I did everything and I am worse" but are you? no.

This is getting a bit long, but trust me I was that guy, lost focus on the actual gameplay and I just kept looking at my kill count what always shown 0, I wanted to kill people to boost my KD, I was tried I always got carried, called trash, noob in chat and so on

But once I stopped, and I treated everything different, not caring how many kills I made, and just focus on the game, play slow, if I died I didn't get upset, and the most important  thing

I stopped saying I am trash and every time when I got in to a fight I kept telling  my self "I am better then them" instead of saying "I am trash, oh damn I am going to die again" like I did before.

Once I changed my mindset and this is seriously not to be egoistic, but I created a second account in season 8 just to see how far I can go in ranked as a solo starting from scratch, and I reached master, what I would never ever in my life imagined me reaching that level

So just think about it (and sorry for the long post)

Message 16 of 38 (389 Views)

Champion
@AcidicSoda44031 I meant in what ways do you measure yourself besides kd? I already know your opinion of yourself. When you play a game how do you feel going in and coming out of it?
Message 17 of 38 (365 Views)

Champion
@Renegade_Prime86 <------exactly what he said.
Message 18 of 38 (363 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@Renegade_Prime86 Yep 100% experienced that myself. I knew my mindset was trash. I guess I was exhausted from trying everything. I do not know.

@hayhor right right, so... well, going in, I feel not that great. I think I am likely going to die at the first fight. Especially if my teammates decide to hot drop with 4 other squads in the same spot. Of course, things might turn out different. Coming out of it... well, I do not know. I just think about what I could have done differently, Or think about why my aim was bad, as usual. 

@DarthValtrex ok so... I happened to record this clip. It is one of the extremely rare footage where I did not completely suck. Still, I am missing too many shots from the Wingman. I am reloading like mad because I want to avoid opening doors at the worst time possible. My thermite throws are trash. And of course my Pathfinder teammate jumped solo to who knows where, leaving me and Ash alone. 

Message 19 of 38 (343 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@AcidicSoda44031 There is nothing wrong with your aim in general, but regarding to that, one thing what you need to work on, you are cantering your crosshair to much towards the ground, the problem with that, when you need to react quicker you will need to adjust your thumbstick more towards the target, and you will hit a lot of groin, stomach or lower chest shots, try focusing on cantering it to the middle of the screen
Message 20 of 38 (330 Views)