Re: Still no significant battle pass changes

by BaldWraithSimp

Original Post

★★★★★ Expert
@Awake984 Don't fret, he probably just likes doing challenges. For everyone else who is missing the point, I stated it in my previous reply and will do so again. People who rely on XP and not doing challenges at all, their XP progression has been cut by 4 times and then reduced to 2 times after backlash.

If you enjoy doing challenges that's good for you, don't tell someone else why they should be forced to do challenges that they don't enjoy. You wanna talk about grinding? People relying solely on XP(old) system and just playing the game to complete the BP play more than you do, so you aren't the right person to lecture us on grinding. Peace out.
Message 41 of 57 (298 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@BaldWraithSimp It's just that i really don't understand why ppl are ok with such practices and are ok with getting less for more. 

But as you said to each his own and i believe Respawn/EA will soon see the * up with less revenue from the BP, after all it's all about the money in the end.

Message 42 of 57 (283 Views)

★★★ Expert
@BaldWraithSimp Are you feeling forced to "Play [X] Games", "Survive [X] minutes", "Outlive [X] opponents", "Collect [X] crafting materials", "Craft [X] items"? I strongly doubt it. The increased frequency of this kind of challenges will probably make up for the 2.3 levels/ week less than the previous system and, as I said before, they will probably reintroduce the double XP events.

Also, it's possible that they get what they wanted out of this backlash Standard smile. People reluctant to buy the BP in the first weeks, putting a bit less strain on the servers, then realizing that it's a non issue really and filling up the queues in the second half of the season. And so, Apex will slowly "decline" into becoming a billion-dolar-in-annual-revenue game Standard smile
Message 43 of 57 (274 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@DoYaSeeMe

If it’s a billion dollar game

there’s no excuse for changing a system to force customers to buy more battle pass levels

There’s no excuse in lying to customers and not giving them what they were promised (ea pro not giving battle passes anymore),

There’s no excuse in such poor quality updates, constant bugs and audio problems that don’t get fixed season to season

There’s no excuse to rehashing events and simply recolouring their skins and instead of offering those in game to earn or for legend tokens they resell them at full price

There’s no excuse to having such poor communication with the community on problems that we as a community have

There’s no excuse for any of it. If they want to be treated like AAAdevs working on a billion dollar game, start acting like it
Message 44 of 57 (269 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

@RockScorpion384is there a special treatment for billion dollar AAA devs? Actually, there is...more hate, pressure, even real life threats. As if they slaughtered puppies while the game just miraculously teleported to the top grossing list.

Oh no, Apex is dying!
https://www.pcgamer.com/apex-legends-went-from-zero-to-about-a-billion-dollars-in-just-two-years-ea-...

Message 45 of 57 (263 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Respawn change it to get a lot of money from BP.

While few hardcore players don't have problem to level up (playing everyday, doing all challenges, playing non-stop), majority of people (90%) simply can't or not willing to do such thing.

BP suppose to bring community together, bring fun, reward and challege at same time, but at current state, it tear us apart.

They definetly need to make change, so let see what they come up this Wednesday.

Message 46 of 57 (261 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

After 1 week of data (level progression & distribution, and how only few people buy BP), they can see how much damage has been done to their financial and they will adjust accordingly.

But at that point, it will be damage control.

I wish they didn't wrecked it in 1st place since Season-7 could be the great season for long time.

Message 47 of 57 (248 Views)

★ Expert

S1 OG player here, and I can honestly say I have never paid any attention to challenges, i don’t care for them, i find it aggravating to be forced to play differently than I normally would. 

I know what legend I like to play, regardless of meta balancing efforts by respawn. 

If anything, make it so that challenges gives you an skin, that’s the only incentive for me, challenges based off progression is lame. I’d rather just put in the hrs and progress the way I like to play. 

I have not bought the BP, i find all the skins to be very bland, apart from the R99. The progression is slow, i’m level 500, i don’t even get free packs anymore apart from the ones in the free BP, hence mostly only playing for fun. 

Serious lack of incentive at this point, add to that the abundance of issues still not resolved, and it’s a mediocre game for me presently. 

Message 48 of 57 (235 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@DoYaSeeMe First i thought you were just oblivious. Now i see you are just a bad troll.

Good day to you sir.

Message 49 of 57 (228 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

@Awake984Aha, getting personal I see. Usually people do that when lacking valid arguments. Keep up, see if frustration solves your problems and makes your day better. Good day!

Message 50 of 57 (212 Views)