Still downloading - is the new energy meta + rampart game breaking?

by MassiveVernon

Original Post

Still downloading - is the new energy meta + rampart game breaking?

★★ Pro

Still downloading currently as PS4 is just stupidly slow with any downloads even tho I’m at 80mbps.. but from what I can see from other posts, I’m not exactly looking forward to it . I know I could just wait and find out for myself but I just wanted a heads up So got a few quick questions cause I’ve not read the patch notes .

Is rampart actually op ? Not just oh new legend so they’re op , but like unfair ? 

Second , is having the devotion back in the loot pool game breaking ? And what’s the volt like? I’m just having visions of early season 3 everyone charge rifle spamming  which caused me to actually skip most of s3.

Last, are the map changes good ?

Let me know and then il say what I think when I can finally play it . 

Message 1 of 11 (446 Views)

Re: Still downloading - is the new energy meta + rampart game breaking?

Champion
@MassiveVernon Did you power down your ps4 and then start the update on power up without playing? That makes it faster.

My friend just showed me a video of the volt with him using it. It is gonna need a nerf. They took the meta 99 away to change things and the volt just looks like an easier to use 99. 😂
Message 2 of 11 (440 Views)

★★ Pro
@hayhor Yeah done that but it’s still longing it out . 4 minutes left now but then I imagine the copying will take ages .

Oh dear haha , well that’s something to look forward to then . I’m still more worried about the devotion tbh though ... did they bring back turbocharger aswell?
Message 3 of 11 (434 Views)

★★ Pro

Okay I’ve now played , not liking it at all so far tbh . The shield changes feel weird and the volt is ridiculously op ! Crafting feels like an absolutely pointless addition . Not explored much of the map yet but eh WE is still WE at the end of the day 

Message 4 of 11 (413 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

@MassiveVernon actually I think it's going to be Hemlok + Volt Meta now. Last night before my internet died I went into the firing range to see the recoil reduction on burst-fire Hemlok.

Did you know you can accurately hit burst headshots on static targets up to 90 meters away without a barrel stabilizer using a 2x? There is very little pull-down required. Single fire is pretty much useless now, and the Volt is basically a slower firing S1 R99. 

Btw to try it for yourself, you ping that there's an enemy, then look at the marker and it'll tell you how far away you are from them. I pinged it then moved back 90m (about right next to the spawn point) and started testing. 

Rampart I haven't done any field testing with, but the deployable cover is really tanky. Cover shield requires about 176 damage to break, and the solid part of cover requires 400 damage. Frag grenades will deal damage only to the body, and will always deal 200 damage. Arc stars stuck to the shield will do 45 on the initial stick, then explode for 105. Arc stars stuck to the main body will hit for 30, then explode for 200 damage. 

Message 5 of 11 (398 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@pastaclownI have not tested the hemlock yet but will cause I liked the changes in patch notes. I did however loved single fire.

Wait how did I break my own amp thingy with 2 punches? XD 

@MassiveVernonthe meta is not game breaking as long as you run the same kit XD. Like I said in the other topic so fast only killed by energy weapons xD.

The volt shreds like no tomorrow xD

Message 6 of 11 (386 Views)

★★ Pro
@pastaclown Yep just tried the hemlock it’s mad , absolutely no recoil if you pick up a barrel stabiliser . And yeah the shields she puts up seem to be way too strong but they’ve not caused me too much issue yet neither has her ult.

@Koochi-Q yeah I just can’t see what they were thinking with the volt , it’s the only thing I’ve been killed by so far (7 times out of 7) . I honestly thought the devotion was gonna be the problem but nope..
Message 7 of 11 (374 Views)

Champion
@MassiveVernon Oh god the copying! It does my head in 😂
Message 8 of 11 (360 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
(the following is a generic 'you' and not you personally vernon, except the first line)

@MassiveVernon Hey, you love the volt out of this, that weapon is an engineering beauty! Tho is blows you out of the water like there's no yesterday, but there is a day before yesterday. And not the good kind of blowing as you're the receiver... well that's still the good kind but it's not you who should be blown away but the other, which is why it's not the good kind... unless you're into that kind of thing... then it's still the good kind... which it already was... "wait what? This is Existential dream within a dream stuff" - Mirage

XD
Message 9 of 11 (358 Views)

Champion
@pastaclown I tried a few games there. Rampart seemed a bit OP with the ability to set 5 walls down that take a combined 2500 to 3000 damage to knock down.

Especially when you consider a wattson gen takes little to nothing, a fence takes one shot and a barrel from caustic takes one shot.
Message 10 of 11 (319 Views)