Stickerbook - It really should be here

by Maaill

Original Post

Stickerbook - It really should be here

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

First off, I am loving this game. Already 10 hours in and time just slips by, I love this new direction for the series.

One of my main complaints right now is the lack of sticker book though. (Not asking for sticker packs to return) The thing is, with all these things to unlock, there really should be somewhere we can see our progress. This was in GW1 and GW2, so this is just a step back. And it would fit right in or next to cool stats, or maybe as a place in Giddy Park, like it was in gw2. Plus when you can directly see your progress like this, it encourages you to play more so you can work to seeing it progress even more. This really should be in the game with how unlocks work, and luckily can just be added in an update. So I hope it comes in the future. 

Thanks for reading through this, and I really hope you consider it.  

Message 1 of 10 (801 Views)

Re: Stickerbook - It really should be here

★ Expert

I'm going to revive this. The players at launch may want to weigh in on this too. I missed this thread it's first time through. It just occurred to me that I have no way to keep track of customizations. There are some great suggestions above. Please consider adding this feature.

Message 2 of 10 (709 Views)

Champion (Retired)

This is understandable, certainly.  The problem before was with completionist.  Not there’s anything wrong with that.  I’m one myself.  As well as many other people on this forum.  In previous games there has been an issue with people receiving items or customizations, and them not registering in the sticker book.  So their progress meter would show 99%.  It happened enough to where not every issue could not  be resolved unless it was investigated by a CM.  Seems like maybe it was voided in this game to avoid the issue.  Imagine the frustration of putting in 100’s of hours and not being able to see that last 1%.  It’s frustrating.  If you fill out a general ticket with EA you usually got someone that didn’t know what to do.  The only issues I ever saw fixed were ones posted here on the forum where we could get direct attention by CM’s that knew the game and what to do.  That being said I completely agree with you.  But that might be a reason we won’t see it in this game:

Message 3 of 10 (694 Views)

★ Expert
@dwooten77 I'm new to using the forums and had no idea that was a problem in the previous games. I can understand it seeing the trouble that has come up with even getting some of the medals to register for some people. I wonder why this has been so difficult to solve. I hope the issue wouldn't stop the inclusion of this feature but that may very well be the reason it wasn't put in.
Message 4 of 10 (665 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@dwooten77They have made adjustments now on the stickerbooks in GW2 though, haven't they? We were still playing Garden Warfare on the Xbox 360 at the time GW2 came out, so missed the chance of Unicorn Chomper. When we got the One a bit later & started playing GW2 it WAS annoying that I knew I'd never complete the stickerbook because of it, but recently I noticed the totals had been revised & now show 100%. Another family acc started a lot later isn't 100% yet, but again, stickerbook totals have been revised & to a lower total than the primary acc, I guess because there were special time-special customisations that won't become available again. So it must be do-able? Other games must have the same features surely? (Know stickerbook isn't a priority, but it would be lovely to have)

EDIT: I didn't register a request/complaint anywhere about the incomplete stickerbook 

Message 5 of 10 (648 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@ToastedSarnie They certainly did fix most of the issues.  It didn’t necessarily stop the griping though.  With certain stickers rarely being released, or not released at all after festivals, it was making the count incomplete.  Say you got have of the festival stickers one year, it would increase your total possible sticker count.  If you didn’t get them the second year then you were just out of luck because they stopped doing it.  Your sticker book would always show being incomplete.  

Message 6 of 10 (617 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@TLEsquire Many issues did get resolved in the beginning.  After a while though focus was just put elsewhere as the game got older.  I hope they do figure it out in this game.  All stickers would have to be available year round for it to work though.  Limited time stickers would mess things up.  

Message 7 of 10 (616 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@dwooten77 Yes, it's a tricky one 😖
Message 8 of 10 (613 Views)

★★★ Guide
@dwooten77 All you need is a different sticker book for the limited time stuff
Message 9 of 10 (604 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

I really miss this as even with the problems of not seeing some of your missing stickers in GW2 (I don't recall this being an issue in GW1), it was nice to see how you were doing. Plus I want the little blurbs about the characters and upgrades like we used to have or even better, an almanac like in PvZ and PvZ2 would be awesome. 

Message 10 of 10 (586 Views)