Re: Stick together.

by Kartofeeeeel

Original Post

★★★★★ Expert
@Biochemikas Right-O!

I agree with both you and @ColdHours and I do blame teammates. I’m not playing ranked so bear with me on this. Teammates usually suck as rando’s and do go on the ‘get some friends to play with shtick’, cause I don’t play apex enough + I have no friends that wanna play apex whom I trust with actual skills. But to the point again. Usually rando’s just break off into a different territory, unless you display your main character with good badges & stats, then they surprisingly damn near stay to you like glue. Either right next/behind you or close. First one: bad, second one: good.

I’ve had ppl stick so close to me that I couldn’t even shoot the enemy cause they were either blocking shots or standing so close in front of me that I couldn’t even see anything except a massive blob of pixels moving :P

(This is when you don’t display that over 2K kills/triple triple badge/20 kill badge/3K dmg) If they break off into a distance of less than 50 meters it’s good cause that way they can come to you when you think you’re in trouble, but guess what they usually do when you say ‘enemy near’. I bet they make 🤪 <- this face and continue to loot or just run away. When you start shooting they just do a zoomed up version of that emo. When you took one down they usually stand still... when you took a second down they suddenly start turning around and come...

Message 11 of 22 (416 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

Well if I just shot a golden cargo bot, you can be very sure I'm gonna go check what it had before responding to your enemy ping. If you really can't avoid contact (I generally assume that you saw enemies and are backing off, so no immediate danger), you'll just have to shout "heeeeeeeelp, I'm ****ed". XD

And mind you, I'm not a loot goblin, most of the time. The loot goblins may not even respond to the desperate plea, so it's best to NOT get into a situation with no outs XD. It's better to get into the habit of leading enemies to teammates rather than expect teammates to come running. And retreating towards teammates is the right play even if they do respond anyway.

P.S. After you kill more than 2, there's finally enough boxes to draw attention of the hardcore loot goblins Wink

P.P.S. Plat+ (currently, diamond+ later) random games are much more coordinated, so you may want to get there if you're looking for a more structured random queue experience. But being used to getting out of situations on your own is still a necessary skill. And no, you don't need a full squad to enjoy ranked games; solo players are even matched separately from full squads (well the rule probably gets readily thrown out the window if there's not enough players) so the opposition is also generally similarly (un)coordinated.

Message 12 of 22 (404 Views)

★★ Guide

I agree,but what about situations where u feel you need to do a risky flank to obtain the advantage,or being a teammate acting as the distraction?

Message 13 of 22 (398 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I'm not saying people SHOULDN'T spread out at all. Flanking is needed and advantage points are too. Such as a team sniper needing clearance for shots. But there comes a time where too much distance apart becomes ridiculous. Really close to plat so I indeed hope that more cohesion happens. Anyways I'm taking a break from it and playing Titan Fall atm. Mech mayhem is a lot of fun. Standard smile

Message 14 of 22 (370 Views)

★ Apprentice

90% of the players that I end up with need to shut down, uninstall the game and ever pick up a competitive video game ever again. 

Rushing, solo dying then instantly leaving.

Message 15 of 22 (365 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

People don't stick together because, unless you are playing with friends, you have three different people having three different plans on where to go and how to play, who have different approaches to different situations.

I usually break away to go to a better position that will give me a better cover or an advantage of some sort. If my squadmates don't understand why I am going there, then to them I am acting like a bafoon that is running away from his team. That's just one example, but you are not going to explain every decision you make during the whole round.

Either way, I don't think fanning out is that big of a deal if you can handle yourself and try to disengage and lure enemies to the rest of your team. Most people don't do that though, they stand and try to go 1vs3, and that rarely works out.

Anyways, staying together with random people is difficult because you don't know what's going on in their minds, and they can be very different from you, so yeah.

Message 16 of 22 (360 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@Vladplaya- So in higher ranks you run off to lure people into your team?
How high ranked are you playing, and how bad players do you encounter?

Its enough that someone catches you in your blindspot with a charge rifle and you could be gone.
This game is about communication, which no one ever seems to do.

Opinions exist but once you started the game you knew you needed to play with other people. Putting your opinion to the side is a key note. Then at times you also need to stick to it.

Message 17 of 22 (349 Views)

★★★ Guide

@Wingmannedbro wrote:

Yeah but the "pro's" are blatantly aimbotting on stream, who needs a squad when you have aimbot and no recoil scripts, as well as faster movement some use.

you actually stupid if you think that

Message 18 of 22 (332 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Biochemikas Lolz NAHHH with my headset/earphones I’d hear that bot well before most ppl, even if they’re closer to it!

Definitely it wouldn’t be a bot that they’re chasing! Probs some pipedream living a hermit’s life or something.

Lolz I don’t mic talk to randoms unless they severely suck/mess up and then it’s only negativity coming into their ears! If I wanna let them know an enemy’s totally near, I just ping the whole time XD. Even when I’m running away.

Screw them with their looting! I take everything before they can be near me. Earlier today was doing some dailies. Same situation. Enemy near me somewhere, pinged... those useless ***** cowered in a building not coming towards me. I finished off the enemy, they still cowering in their little house, ‘nother enemy near me (new squad), killed him, teammates probably still touching each other in the corner. Suddenly the funniest thing happend; enemy near them, one of them pings, other runs away, gets shot by another player. The pinger tries to engage, goes down fast too. I unmute my mic and give them a sneer laugh and a ‘pathetic’ and D/C Wink

Don’t you just love it when your teammates are that taken off guard that they die without you even hearing their character say: engaging/fighting/shooting XD
Message 19 of 22 (317 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@Kartofeeeeel wrote:

@Vladplaya- So in higher ranks you run off to lure people into your team?
How high ranked are you playing, and how bad players do you encounter?

Its enough that someone catches you in your blindspot with a charge rifle and you could be gone.
This game is about communication, which no one ever seems to do.

Opinions exist but once you started the game you knew you needed to play with other people. Putting your opinion to the side is a key note. Then at times you also need to stick to it.

No I don't try to lure anyone on purpose, I said if you get separated you should disengage and if possible and if you can't at least try to lure emeries toward your squadmates so they can help you.

I know that I need to play with other people in game that is based on squads, but as you said yourself, if people don't talk, I don't know what kind of people they are and what kind of plan they have for every situation, so sometimes players split up because everyone got their own plan.

Also I try to talk to people and guide the squad if nobody takes the lead, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, but it is what it is.

Message 20 of 22 (306 Views)