Re: Steam/Origin problem

by EA_Darko

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Steam/Origin problem

★★★ Newbie

Hello, I made a post on the EA reddit with no responses I called EA also did a live chat with them with no avail so i was wondering if anyone here can help me with my problem. 

The guy I talked to on origin says he has never heard of an issue like this, I think its bc EA just brought bf4 to steam not long ago and I think later on more people will have my issue. I bought BF4 for $7.99 on steam for 2 reasons 1. I wanted to play operation metro 2. I wanted a fresh start aka stat and level reset on a second account since you cant fully reset your stats on BF4. I contacted EA a few months ago to see if they could possibly reset my stats they told me I would have to buy the game on a new account which I was upset about but i said whatever and ill buy bf4 when it goes on sale again which it did today.

So, anyways enough ranting and context. My issue is when I want to play BF4 on my main account on origin (not the one linked to steam). It signs me out then automatically logs me into my steam origin account despite me having steam closed through task manager and starts Bf4 on steam. I even have BF4 downloaded two times one steam version and one origin version on my SSD. All I want to do is have 2 different BF4 accounts I dont know whats so hard about this for EA. Its stupid in the first place I cant create a 2nd solider or just fully reset my stats. But even when I do what EA suggested which is buy the game again on a second account im forced to play the steam version of the game on my new account. I cant play on my old account any more. How do people who have siblings play origin games if you cant have 2 separate EA accounts with the same games on 1 pc?

Message 1 of 2 (296 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Hey @xSimplexes if you purchase BF4 on Steam and link it to your primary EA account then our stats, unlocks, levels, and other in-game content will be accessible on your Steam account.

To start over again on a new account you would need to purchase BF4 on a new Origin account or else purchase it on Steam and then link your Steam account to a new Origin account that has not previously owned or played BF4.

Darko 

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (234 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @xSimplexes if you purchase BF4 on Steam and link it to your primary EA account then our stats, unlocks, levels, and other in-game content will be accessible on your Steam account.

To start over again on a new account you would need to purchase BF4 on a new Origin account or else purchase it on Steam and then link your Steam account to a new Origin account that has not previously owned or played BF4.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 2 of 2 (235 Views)