Steam Achievements on EA Games in Steam

by iMatrix7

Original Post

Re: Steam Achievements on EA Games in Steam

★ Guide

Well done all who contributed to these polite and civil requests to add achievements.

The squeaky wheel gets the grease!

Now we need to get some of these older titles over the line...Standard smile

Message 41 of 53 (1,054 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@EA It's awesome that you guys actually did this, I know it might be asking too much but as people have said, it would be amazing if you could give achievements to older titles as well on steam, they are your games as well and there are a few that actually are great to play, I believe if you add achievements there as well it will be positive and more people will get into it.

Examples would be: DA:O and DA2, since Inquisition has it, the previous games should too, and not mentioning that people who will get into the franchise on steam will want to start at DA:O, but without achievements there might not motivate them that much, same thing if people are thinking of buying the whole franchise but notice no achievements on first two games.

Message 42 of 53 (1,015 Views)

★ Guide

Thanks EA!!! Hopefully, with time some of those older titles will get the same treatment!

Message 43 of 53 (996 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I honestly cannot believe that you guys added the achievements, I was pretty much hopeless. Thank you so much for this, can't wait to farm them now. 

Message 44 of 53 (896 Views)

★ Guide

Don't forget to put your money where your mouth is.

Message 45 of 53 (891 Views)

★★ Novice

I mean, games like the Sims 4 already have achievements - it really doesn't seem like it should be that grand of a request to ask for them to take those and make them into Steam Achievements. If they're tied to your Origin account, then having it so Steam could pull them from your Origin account would be a great way to entice people to buy their new EA Play membership thing for Steam - I actually would be more inclined to.

Message 46 of 53 (871 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Everyone here is aware that some of the EA games got already achievements in Origin, and the thread born with the intention to move those achievements to Steam as well, as there are many websites that only count Steam achievements, and also that many people only care to collect Steam achievements, not Origin achievements.

So yeah, we don't care much about Origin achievements. We still want them.

Message 47 of 53 (864 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Whilst the newer EA games seem to be getting achievements on Steam, it's also useful to know that for a lot of the games any achievements you earned on Origin will carry over to Steam. An example from battlefield V below:

BFV Achievements have just been added alongside many other EA games. Achievement progress is retroactive, meaning if you’ve completed the objective already in Origin or Steam, you’ll be granted the achievement in Steam.

https://store.steampowered.com/newshub/app/1238810/view/4806984167767396719

Message 48 of 53 (828 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Hey sorry If Im bumping this or seem if im trying to rush anyone. Is there any new updates if this is going to happen for The Sims 4? Thanks

Message 49 of 53 (664 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm also interested in achievements for older titles like Dragon Age: Origins and Dragon Age II, Mass Effect etc.
It would be awesome do have this, especially that console versions have them. Standard smile

Message 50 of 53 (596 Views)