Re: Stealth Heli Repair System is ridiculously OP-far better than other veh rep

by Spinner1981

Original Post

★★★★ Guide

They need to put jets and helis in separate columns on the spawn page, they need their own count. At least then good jet pilots can take to the skies and help out, especially against stealth helis because they are still mostly unstoppable.

Message 11 of 50 (1,907 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Pro

@foff667 wrote:
the problem isn't the repair system, its a problem with balancing the weapons available. They are essentially 1 shot with most rocket launchers and the 30mm cannon on the wildcat can eat them up QUICK

Even with that 1 shot vulnerability or 30mm cannon good stealth pilots are routinely staying up all round long.  A defensive nerf is needed in addition to an offensive nerf.

DICE needs to take a hard look at the stealth and flare mechanics...or even the currently useless AP ammo.

Edit - to fix a formatting disaster.

Message 12 of 50 (1,905 Views)

★★ Guide
@AngrySquid270 not sure why you quoted me, but make sure to read what I said again, nerfing or buffing the stealth heli weapons won't fix the issue, the issue is the chopper pilot of an attack heli should have weapons that are effective against other vehicles ie tanks, transport MAV, etc. Putting a 30mm splash damage cannon that is most effective against infantry is just as bad as the rocket pods on the little bird. Personally I don't even think the secondary gunner should have a splash damage weapon in the stealth mainly because the stealth mode itself is difficult to counter. I will repeat nerfing/buffing their current weapons and loadouts will not fix the issue IMHO, modifying their loadouts is the fix.
Message 13 of 50 (1,885 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

@foff667 I did a face plant on my formatting in that post, should be cleaned up now.

From your original post I took away that you thought the stealth heli's were fine defensively.  That was the point I was contesting.

I agree with your thoughts on the offensive nerfs/tweaks/problems..

Message 14 of 50 (1,863 Views)

EA DICE Team
Hey everyone,

Thanks for flagging this!

I can confirm we'll reduce the effectiveness of the the Repair System for the Stealth Helicopters by bringing it in line with other vehicles.

This change is currently planned for the next game update.

Message 15 of 50 (2,844 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Straatford87 very good move, I gave you XP for making this change.
Message 16 of 50 (1,705 Views)

★ Guide
@foff667 i agree with you on this modify the loadouts is the best option for sure.
@AngrySquid270 bro i'm sorry but the recent wildcat update makes the stealth heli's easy to kill now. How are you still struggling?
Message 17 of 50 (1,602 Views)

★ Guide
@Spinner1981 this is a very valid solution. On Caspian border etc this works perfect 3 attack air vehicles, on both teams.It's perfectly balanced imo, gameplay is great. Dice needs to either add an additional air attack vehicle or put hte jets in separate category
Message 18 of 50 (1,585 Views)

★ Guide
@Metal_Daryl97 this right here needs to be addressed, 1000% agree, i fly the stealth heli as well and i do notice the repair system allow you to recover nearly 100% health. yes please change it, cuz at times your trying to take out a enemy heli they repair 100% or when you are trying to hit htem with a stinger they get away.
Message 19 of 50 (1,566 Views)

★ Guide

If anything Wildcat is back to BF4 op now. You cant do anything unless you have a gunner to stun it. Good pilot should be able to 1v1 a wildcat. Not only with stealth but also with Apache or KA

Message 20 of 50 (1,555 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help