Re: Stealth Heli Repair System is ridiculously OP-far better than other veh rep

by edgecrusherO0

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Stealth Heli Repair System is ridiculously OP-far better than other veh rep sys

★★★★ Guide

In vehicles OTHER THAN the stealth choppers, the repair system replenishes roughly 30% of their max health and further hp regeneration only occurs after a time delay (delay following the + ~30 hp). In the case of stealth choppers, the repair system actually replenishes over 90% of their health - this is in part what makes the stealth helicopters "broken". I'm surprised this hasn't been changed yet! Some redditor made a nice comparison - https://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield2042/comments/wa4ywg/aircraft_repair_system_comparison/

Also, adding OP weapons/vehicles to BF2042 in an attempt to save it, is a terrible move (if that is what's happening here)

Message 1 of 50 (1,408 Views)

Accepted Solution

EA DICE Team
Hey everyone,

Thanks for flagging this!

I can confirm we'll reduce the effectiveness of the the Repair System for the Stealth Helicopters by bringing it in line with other vehicles.

This change is currently planned for the next game update.

View in thread

Message 15 of 50 (2,843 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@Metal_Daryl97actually there was a time where all the vehicles were patched to recover all their health and that suddenly got undone at some point.
It might be a bug that only the stealth heli can recover that much.

If only there was some mysteriously handsome community manager to confirm to us what is the normal state of the repair ability...

Message 2 of 50 (1,311 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Hahaha if only! 

Message 3 of 50 (1,291 Views)

★★ Expert

Out of the 8 or so rounds I've played today, whichever teams air was killed by the other teams air first stayed alive almost the entire match. Every time. Both when it was my team's air that won, and the enemy teams air that won. Breakthrough usually goes to the attackers as they have aircraft access, though every once in a while you luck out with the enemy having bad pilots pull aircraft and you'll have a decent chance of comboing one down.

Air is the only counter to air. I don't care how much you buff missile damage, the fundamental design of air and maps is flawed.

Infinite ammo (overheat)

Infinite passive repairs (+repair passengers in the "transport" aircraft)

Infinite repair ability

Infinite flares on a short cooldown

For the Condor, infinite boost on a cooldown

Plus, every single map affords them massive amounts of space around the edges, and throughout the center, where they can have mostly/completely safe airspace to wait on cooldowns/passive repair.

It's very rare to see ground killing aircraft, because the level of coordination required required to bait their flares with your hack/stinger shot (because any smart pilot will immediately flare and get outta dodge), then hope they don't have a brain and aren't immediately heading towards easy cover, lock 3+ rockets simultaneously, from areas that are free of even a small twig of visual clutter between you and the aircraft (conveniently, very also big open spaces that make you easy to shoot!), lock and fire all rockets and hope that they travel fast enough to hit the aircraft before it finishes getting behind cover or even behind a very small hill.

Legit, good pilots rarely ever die to ground forces in matches I've been in, no matter which side the pilots are on (mine or the enemies) and just dominate matches.

I don't know how DICE can continue to see the feedback and look at data on aircraft performance, specifically the stealth helicopters and the "transport" gunships, and tell us that they don't think there's something fundamentally wrong with the balance.

They can nerf weapon damage and overheat to oblivion, it won't matter. That's a big part of the problem, yes, but the bigger part of the problem is that aircraft are simply absurdly difficult to kill regardless of coordination through their design and the layout of maps. Even, and often especially, Exposure.

Message 4 of 50 (1,209 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@edgecrusherO0 Yeah the Stealth are still OP. I had 20+ kills and no deaths on the last sector in BT on Manifest. You forgot Stealth + HE Bombs. The overheat nerf did nothing. Just shoot 2 less rounds, wait an extra second and continue mowing down targets.
Message 5 of 50 (1,174 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Now if only there was a dedicated fighter jet slot for every map that can have helicopters in it...

The 25mm cannons can now do very serious damage to helicopters.

Message 6 of 50 (1,170 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@UP_Hawxxeye Yeah, the vehicle and aircraft consolidation really made things worse for infantry. They need to separate the Jets, Nightbird, and for vehicles like the Bolte into their own categories, then add a slot for them in most game modes.

The other thing someone mentioned which was a good point, is aircraft have a super large area out of bounds for infantry. That area should be reduced.
Message 7 of 50 (1,154 Views)

Champion

@Adamonic wrote:
@UP_HawxxeyeYeah, the vehicle and aircraft consolidation really made things worse for infantry. They need to separate the Jets, Nightbird, and for vehicles like the Bolte into their own categories, then add a slot for them in most game modes.

The other thing someone mentioned which was a good point, is aircraft have a super large area out of bounds for infantry. That area should be reduced.

Yeah totally agree,and a reduction to the out of bounds area would most certainly be a step in the right direction.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 8 of 50 (1,141 Views)

★★ Guide
@Metal_Daryl97 the problem isn't the repair system, its a problem with balancing the weapons available. They are essentially 1 shot with most rocket launchers and the 30mm cannon on the wildcat can eat them up QUICK, the problem is having a 30mm cannon as the primary with splash damage is always going to be a balancing issue, ie it should've never been done. BF4, the closest comparison, always gave the splash damage weapons to a SECONDARY seat and even they could be a problem when paired with a good pilot and comms.

The answer isn't nerfing the repair system, the answer is taking away 30mm cannons and replacing it with something that makes senses ie look at how bf4 did it and correct course.

Really its the same with the little bird, having rocket pods as a primary option is just a bad idea and creates balance issues.

2042 has backed themselves into a balancing nightmare why trying to reinvent the wheel by making vehicles(particularly air vehicles) much easier for the casual player to use and get massive kill streaks with.

In BF4 I sucked using the heli's for a long while and even to this day I'm not great in them because they had a steep learning curve and so many counters to them, day 1 or 2 you could be a master chopper pilot racking up 20-30 kills pretty easily before getting shot down or just overpowered by a condor or something.

Sorry but they and the "transport" air vehicles will likely never be truly fixed because of their thickheadedness towards how they NEED to be balanced.
Message 9 of 50 (1,129 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@RayD_O1 I think it would be brutal expectations to have a separate out of bounds area for helis and jets (jets need more space)
Message 10 of 50 (1,113 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help