Re: Stay away from Anthem official Discord ~ Here's why

by TheCavalryDuck

Original Post

Highlighted

Stay away from Anthem official Discord ~ Here's why

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Hi everyone, hope your all having fun!

While this Discord server has provided us a singular place to group up and meet. It is controlled by immature kids who will abuse there admin powers any time they dislike, disagree, or think you are bring rude and or offensive. While rules of conduct are obviously needed, this group actually goes much further than that.

With out question, with out warnings... If you say ANYTHING these out of control mods find offensive or rude, dislike, or disagree with then you will find yourself banned for literally no reason, confused as to why you were banned. Being rude or being offensive should never be bannable, because to think freely and share opinions freely in a free society carries a risk of offending others on a daily basis. Not everyone is going to agree with my opinions and some mite even find them to be offensive, but that does not mean that I myself was being offensive. Telling someone they are uninformed can be considered very rude. Calling someone nieve can also be considered rude. But what if the person in question is actually uninformed? what if they are being nieve?

See where this line of thinking takes you? It literally means you can be banned for saying "I like cookies"  why you may ask? well * maybe 1 of these mods almost choked on a cookie and now they are irrational when it comes to cookies, any time the word cookie pops up BAN!!!! BAN!! BAN!!! why? because they find that word offensive -.-

Do yourselves a favor, stay away from this community Discord, untill these mods are put on a super tight leash... Banning people in community discords should always be a last resort and should never be the decision of a single person to make.

Edit: Oh I forgot to mention, these mods/admins will also troll you after they ban you. lol

Image from Gyazo

Message 1 of 8 (392 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Apprentice

@ZechsMarquizy wrote:

Being rude or being offensive should never be bannable, because to think freely and share opinions freely in a free society carries a risk of offending others on a daily basis.

Image from Gyazo

TRANSLATION:  You were a rude S.O.B. and got banned, and now you're butthurt about it.

QQ moar, your tears are delicious.

Message 2 of 8 (369 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

Pax Terras, are you a mod on that discord? 

Message 3 of 8 (324 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Apprentice

@ZechsMarquizy wrote:

Hi everyone, hope your all having fun!

While this Discord server has provided us a singular place to group up and meet. It is controlled by immature kids who will abuse there admin powers any time they dislike, disagree, or think you are bring rude and or offensive. While rules of conduct are obviously needed, this group actually goes much further than that.

With out question, with out warnings... If you say ANYTHING these out of control mods find offensive or rude, dislike, or disagree with then you will find yourself banned for literally no reason, confused as to why you were banned. Being rude or being offensive should never be bannable, because to think freely and share opinions freely in a free society carries a risk of offending others on a daily basis. Not everyone is going to agree with my opinions and some mite even find them to be offensive, but that does not mean that I myself was being offensive. Telling someone they are uninformed can be considered very rude. Calling someone nieve can also be considered rude. But what if the person in question is actually uninformed? what if they are being nieve?

See where this line of thinking takes you? It literally means you can be banned for saying "I like cookies"  why you may ask? well * maybe 1 of these mods almost choked on a cookie and now they are irrational when it comes to cookies, any time the word cookie pops up BAN!!!! BAN!! BAN!!! why? because they find that word offensive -.-

Do yourselves a favor, stay away from this community Discord, untill these mods are put on a super tight leash... Banning people in community discords should always be a last resort and should never be the decision of a single person to make.

Edit: Oh I forgot to mention, these mods/admins will also troll you after they ban you. lol

Image from Gyazo

Never get kicked or banned there o_O and i am sometimes a littlebit overboard but i never insult anyone.

Message 4 of 8 (298 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Apprentice

@smusickman wrote:

Pax Terras, are you a mod on that discord? 

Nope.  I've never even logged on to it.  But the OP's motivation for making this thread are incredibly transparent.

Message 5 of 8 (281 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Newbie

Just use my discord. The rules are simple:

It's called the first amendment, and anything goes outside of libel, slander, and calls to violence against individuals. 

https://discord.gg/Z8G6Ue

Message 6 of 8 (271 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Apprentice

@TheCavalryDuck wrote:

It's called the first amendment, [...]

Just as a gentle reminder:

Angel the First Amendment is only relevant in the U.S. - the internet, and this game, are global.  While many places have similar legal protections, not all of them do.

(b) the First Amendment only restrains the _government_ from censorship.  A Discord channel owner, or moderation team, is fully within their rights to decide that X or Y discussion is not allowed.

Standard smile

Message 7 of 8 (233 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

I wouldn't presume to know someone's motivation for doing or saying something. I will say, I am glad you were not a mod for that discord. Your response would have reinforced his opinion whatever his motivation. Cheers!

Message 8 of 8 (215 Views)
Twitter Stream