Re: Stay Safe. Stay Home. Play Together!

by ToastedSarnie

Original Post

Stay Safe. Stay Home. Play Together! Week 4

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Stay & Play EN.jpg

A Neighborville that plays together, stays together! 

In a time when we need to stay physically apart, it's amazing to see how people are using games as a way to be together. We want to share these inspiring stories with the world and help everyone find more ways to connect through play. 

Need a friend to help you kick some grass? Tag in their Answers HQ forum name, let us know what character you want them to play as, and platform they'll play on! Use the "@" symbol in order to tag them. If they're on PS4, be sure to include their region.

We'll be giving away 40 codes per week for 4 weeks, spread across all platforms. Folks will be chosen at random and if your friend is chosen the code will be sent to the nominator, to share. You can only tag one person per week, but if you don't get lucky you can try again next week.

Codes will be sent via direct message from @EA_David on the Tuesday morning a week after this goes up. 

Keep an eye on these forums and the official Plants vs. Zombies Twitter for more opportunities in the weeks ahead.

Stay Safe. Stay Home. Play Together!

Blueberry.png
Message 1 of 41 (4,030 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

I like this idea. All the friends I regularly play video games with already own it, but I hope people take advantage of this as many are homebound  thanks to the crisis.

I wanted to add that if you're considered essential and have to keep working and can't do so from home, like those of us here at my plant, be careful out there. We make parts for agriculture, railroad, mining/drilling, heavy construction, and the military, so we're pretty much all still working right now and no way to do it from home!

Message 2 of 41 (3,973 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

Same as @Iron_Guard8  for me but my son (no forum account) just got an Xbox for his birthday and would play PvE with his buddies.

Xbox ID: bubba76372

He chose to download GW1 instead of BfN when we bought the Xbox. 😂👍

EDIT: hi, @EA_Blueberry   Hope you’re doing well, my man!

Message 3 of 41 (3,958 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
Fantastic idea, thank you!
I'd like to nominate a family who are both friends & neighbours - the Dad's trying to juggle working from home with looking after the kids, while Mum is working all hours out on the frontline as one of the UK's awesome NHS nurses.
No forum I.D. but Xbox tag Deadshotz07

Hoping all of you look after yourselves & each other whatever your individual situation 💖
Message 4 of 41 (3,913 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@ToastedSarnie wrote:
Fantastic idea, thank you!
I'd like to nominate a family who are both friends & neighbours - the Dad's trying to juggle working from home with looking after the kids, while Mum is working all hours out on the frontline as one of the UK's awesome NHS nurses.
No forum I.D. but Xbox tag Deadshotz07

Hoping all of you look after yourselves & each other whatever your individual situation 💖

I hope people stop to consider frontline workers of all sorts right now.  Praises to not only doctors but also their nurses.  Same with truck drivers who will be the backbone of infrastructure while international shipping delays reach an all-time high.

I bought groceries today, just before our town goes into lockdown, and took a second to thank the cashier as they’re worse off than nurses in the fact they have no formal training for health/wellness while making far less than salary and be exposed to far greater numbers of people.  Many cashiers have zero benefits and make a minimum wage and get little to no recognition for their sacrifice.

Sorry to be tangential/off-topic but it’s in the same spirit as this thread.  Make the best of this bad time and extend the olive branch when you can.

Bravo to you, @ToastedSarnie  for nominating a neighbor/frontline family member and Bravo to EA for hosting this extremely generous giveaway!

EDIT: typo

Message 5 of 41 (3,891 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@spIash_damage Good on you for the thank you to the cashier!
Aww, thanks but there's nothing on my part big enough to thank everyone out there for holding things together, right the way along the chain as you say - including EA & the other games companies for entertaining those of us cocooned at home! 👍🎮😂
Message 6 of 41 (3,868 Views)

@EA_Blueberry i like this idea. but how about to make it EVEN better. you add crossplay for even more fun and players. get more to stay in. less covid-19 cases. more players.
Message 7 of 41 (3,839 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@EnglishCranberry I thought about mentioning this too 🤣 It would be sooo good!

I hope lots of forum members will take advantage of this opportunity - if the full amount on offer each week isn't taken advantage of though, maybe EA could donate some of the remaining codes to schools looking after keyworkers / vulnerable children for them to distribute?
Message 8 of 41 (3,784 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@spIash_damage  Thanks Standard smile I do long haul overnights xP

I bring my laptop with me so I can play at truck stops.

Message 9 of 41 (3,755 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@Shinobicap wrote:

@spIash_damage  Thanks Standard smile I do long haul overnights xP

I bring my laptop with me so I can play at truck stops.

Trucks are about the only thing I’ve not driven for a living.  Worked in dispatch/loadout for Cemex almost 5 years, though.

Seriously, thanks for keepin us cooking, man.  If more people understood logistics, more people would be very grateful to truckers.  💚🙏

EDIT: phone

Message 10 of 41 (3,719 Views)