Stay At Home 99%-How do you feel so far ?

by asukojo

Original Post

Re: Stay At Home 99%-How do you feel so far ?

Champion

For me work hasnt stopped. If anything I have been busier due to having to help with plans on what to do. Lots of late meetings based on government changes to our stay at home order.

Still play about the same amount. Family time has been good but we all need to go for a walk to get out. It helps.

Due to not eating out I've lost 8 lbs in 3 weeks too so that's a bit positive!

Message 11 of 19 (457 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

If you are wondering why I'm not in top 10 authors anymore, I'm locked in a very small apartment (44 square m, 2 rooms) with my wife and a 10 month old baby who is teething like crazy and about to start crawling / walking. Heeeeeeeelp! Please... make it stop!

Message 12 of 19 (432 Views)

★★★★ Guide

The only impact for myself is now I am spending more time in the office than usual and less time telecommuting. Ironic to say the least, but one of our customers makes thin film dies used in processing band aids, face masks and bandages. Because of re-purposing of factories such as GM there is new equipment that has to be designed and made. Unfortunately I cringe every time I hear someone cough outside my office door, but we are going as busy as we can to keep moving things along.

As far as game time for Apex I am down to 1 or 2 games a day. Has nothing to do with the outbreak an everything to do with matchmaking.Ranked or pubs it is the same result and I bounce over to Doom currently and looking at expanding my library even further this month. 

Anybody who is not sheltered in place stay safe and those that are stay safer, and don't let the homicidal thoughts get to far on ya. Kill some AI opponents or real opponents on line and leave normal folk alone. 

Message 13 of 19 (411 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@DoYaSeeMe Why you in such a small apartment?!
Message 14 of 19 (402 Views)

Community Manager

Feeling very fortunate that I'm able to continue working through all this. It's hard to wrap my head around the true impact this is having for so many people. 

Otherwise trying not to go stir crazy. I've had a chance to catch up on some games, books, and TV as well. Lots of quality time with family at home.

I mainly miss being able to go out for dinner and drinks. I can't wait to be able to go have a nice, greasy burger again. Standard smile

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 15 of 19 (393 Views)

★★★ Expert

@Koochi-Q Can't afford a bigger one yet. Maybe the upcoming crisis will bring the real estate prices back to earth.

Message 16 of 19 (390 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Europe and US infection and death rate is scary right now, it's on exponential curve up:

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Stock market is crashed like rock stone....never see such water cliff crash in such amount of time !

Hope your guys job is not impacted, there're 6.6 million un-employment this week (double from 3.3 last week), the economic impact is as scary as or more scary than the virus itself.

Hopefully we pass through this crisis ALIVE (physically, economically and emotionally) !

If anybody get this virus in this forum, please share your story, we would like to hear and support whatever we can as community.

Message 17 of 19 (363 Views)

★ Expert

We have over 5k cases in Quebec Canada.

But we also have over 80k test done, minimal deaths at 40'ish as of today.

Pretty much everything is closed down.

Luckily I can work from home, we were supposed to go back to work on the 13th of April, highly doubt that is happening.

Stats are now suggesting a back to normal living in July, and that's if everyone remains responsible and adapts what is asked by the authorities.

I don't want to make this a political thing, but seeing as other countries are now desperately fighting this virus, you can't help but wonder why they downplayed this virus from the get go, it's sad.

Economy is hurting, yet great support from our Government for the time being, I do fear it will be catastrophic in the long run. 

I have my son every other week (divorced), hence bouncing him from one household to another scares me, but I can't go more than a week without seeing him.

As for Apex, I've spent a small fortune on packs lol, it's what keeps me going in these stressful times.....I'm now short of 80 packs before hitting the 500 mark and getting a second heirloom lol.

Looking forward to the Bloodhound town takeover near sniper ridge, should be a stress reliever for the time being.

Stay safe, and wash them dirty hands fam!

Message 18 of 19 (350 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

I live in Washington state, it was the first state with 1st case, 1st death, was most infected before took over by other state.

Unlike China where everything totally shut down at same time, every state goes to step by step approach:

1.  Our governer was sluggish implement school lock down, they were dragging their heel on it, until finally did it.

2.  It start with recommendation to work from home, but people still crowded in the park then become mandatory.

3.  People still go to restaurant, bar, etc, then they force to close them.

China get out from this in 2 months, but other countries will get out longer. China has all the tools since they manufactures everything, but in states, we can't even buy hand sanitizer and mask to protect ourself ??!!  (I didn't say Tissue Paper Standard smile

This virus expose many countries archiless hill in many aspect of life (manufacture, health care, economic, etc).

The curve has flatten in WA state, and each state and countries will have to go through same curve.

Until we find the vaccine, cure, the life after the curve will be different.

Message 19 of 19 (332 Views)