Re: Stay At Home 99%-How do you feel so far ?

by Jimmahwd

Original Post

Stay At Home 99%-How do you feel so far ?

★★★★★ Expert

Because of Corona virus, most people stay at home these days. I wonder how this impact your daily routine ?

1. Play more games ?

2. More family time bonding or fighting ?

3. More cooking, more garderning.

4. Less intense and more chill or vise versa.

Since you have to stay-at-home 99% of the time, what is the most challenging aspect ?

Message 1 of 19 (612 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@asukojo Ha... haha, you’re funny.

My life/routine hasn’t changed one bit. Only the circumstances have. I still do exactly the same as before this outbreak, only now I see alot less ppl which makes my ‘life’ so much more gratifying.
Message 2 of 19 (609 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@asukojo

I will keep it Apex related. I have never hated SBMM more than I do now. Everyone being home allows the SBMM algorithm to force hyper sweaty matches every single game for me. Remember when Duos first dropped and everyone started recognizing SBMM as a problem— my lobbies are worse now then they were then.

I now need to find a decent FPS that gives me competitive AND casual options, because I don’t have the energy to play at my absolute best every time I pick up a controller.
Message 3 of 19 (583 Views)

★★★ Guide

Some are going nuts:

https://youtu.be/z80QBMeBX2Y

Message 4 of 19 (567 Views)

To be honest, I have more work than ever.
All classes are online but we need to hand in everything.
So I hope when the crisis is over, I have some more time to chill on AHQ and play Apex.

We have a 2-week break coming up so I hope I can some more sleep and play some more Apex.
Haven't killed any noobs these weeks goh i miss using the triple take.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png
Message 5 of 19 (517 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

1. Playing about the same amount of games. 

2. Way more family time, which has been fantastic. Well mostly fantastic, I need to start locking my office door when starting meetings. Oops

3. Much more cooking for me, which I love. I can make my own breakfast and lunch every day now, and I'll usually start dinner in what would be my commute time. Also way, way, way more baking from my partner. Which is great on one hand, but bad for us on another. Broken heart

4. The house has been a bit more chill but I think that's due to my partner discovering Animal Crossing than anything else. Cat

The most challenging things are:

1: Selfishly, I really miss doing outdoors stuff. We can still exercise within 2km of our homes, but it's not the same as going for a swim with your kid.

2: I'm so lucky that I can keep working, but I fear the impact to my friends and family, both in terms of health risks and in medium/long-term impacts to their work. 

Stay Safe everyone.

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 6 of 19 (500 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@asukojo What's the average gaol time for murder?
Message 7 of 19 (479 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

1. Play more games ? Yup in the day anyway as my partner is working from home, no kids or anything so yeah.  Tongue out

2. More family time bonding or fighting ? ^

3. More cooking, more garderning.  As much as i love cooking it's had to stay pretty basic as all stores here get wiped out by hoarders lol.

4. Less intense and more chill or vise versa.

Definitely been more chill for me, although i go back to work on Monday so that's coming to an end. :3

Being brutally honest, the financial aspect has been the most challenging thing so far, as i get paid on a weekly basis. The government had offered to pay 80% of peoples wages in the UK, however this was offered much later for self employed people such as myself. Luckily i'm back in work soon as i said so yeah...all good now hehe.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 8 of 19 (472 Views)

★★★★ Guide

3rd week at home here, i'm losing my mind, aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Message 9 of 19 (449 Views)

★★ Pro
@asukojo Where I am, I'm still being allowed to go outside, and no one is taking social distancing seriously.

But I still follow my daily routine anyway. It's got a fancy name called 'Quarantine' now.
Message 10 of 19 (434 Views)