Re: State Of Defensive Legends

by Jem450R

Original Post

State Of Defensive Legends

★★★★★ Novice

With Wattsons' abilities being showcased, the state of defensive characters is just very odd. Neither Gibraltar nor Caustic have abilities that can contribute to their team the way Wattsons' does-not even close. You actually have reason to pick this defensive character-something the other two severely lack.

Even with the balance patches its obvious that the gap between each Legend is still abundant.There is still no real reason to pick the defensive characters in this game. They still lose more games-if they're even used. Not only does Caustic not have anything that contributes to his team, he actually hinders his team in close fights if they're next to him. Are there any tweak still in the works? I don't get why there's such a difference in design here. Shouldn't there be pros and * to picking each Legend in a category? All you see is * with the other choices.

Wattson just completely outshines both characters as a defensive class from what I can see as far as a team player goes, if someone disagrees please post your input. 

Also note I'm a Caustic main. Not because the character is good, but because I got a legendary skin for him. I have many, many games of Caustic.

Message 1 of 10 (542 Views)

★ Guide
@Mestento I've started maining gib as of late and find him a good defender . Being able to bubble when u get jumped and getting a little breathing room has saved me and my buddies * more then a few times . Also his ult has 1) knocked a threat down or 2)pushed an attack off long enuf to heal up and fight back more then enuf times for me to start maining him . I enjoy sniping with the longbow and his shield passive gives me the edge as well as the passive shield can eat a kraber shot for free . I agree that wattson looks interesting but u need time to set up . In a situation where you get jumped gib has a quicker response time .
Message 2 of 10 (533 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@userHARDLUCK I'll give you that, his shield does allow you to delay a fight in some scenarios and his ult in an open area is pretty strong-making a team have to back up at least.
But he sticks out so much with his size and colors, you need the shields to even stand a chance when every team on the map is aiming at you lol.
And as far as set up goes, it looks more worth it to set up on Wattson than it does with Caustic also.
Message 3 of 10 (529 Views)

★ Guide

I feel like gib has the fastest set up time. Caustic only needs to throw a few traps or his ult (I'll give u the fact his gas blinds his team , making him a bad pick ) . Wattson has to set one point then the other for the fences ... making her the slowest to set up . Gib might be big but having a 10% damn reduction plus a extra 75 dam shield makes him a pain .

After maining him and using the bubble to force fights on my terms feels pretty strong as well as being able to use it to straight up stop a fight at range for 15 secs. All while his ult can be aggressive or defensive as well . This makes his kit pretty diverse. He can turtle up or press an attack on the fly . Wattson has to either set up and wait or set up and try to force the fight into that area .

Message 4 of 10 (520 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

super gibraltar eh, lol. good for you.

Message 5 of 10 (514 Views)

★ Guide

No just making a point for defensive legends . Wattson is interesting and will shake the game up for the better . But with what looks like a slower set up compared to gib and caustic . I dont see her straight up out shining gib ... as stated caustic screws up his team as well at the enemy making him the weakest pick . 

Message 6 of 10 (499 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@userHARDLUCK
I wouldn't say she necessarily has slower setup than Caustic. Yes, throwing down the trap is basically instant. But with the time it takes to grow AND the small delay it takes before someone can activate the trap I'd say they look the same.
However the deciding factor is how long does W's lightning poles last compared to traps.
Message 7 of 10 (491 Views)

★ Guide

I'm saying slower due to the fact that caustic just had to throw the trap (yes it has a delay) compared to wattsons having to set up point A and point B for the fence to activate (I'd imagine it has a delay as well) . Meaning caustic can throw trap out and just keep shooting where as wattson would have to look at right side of door set post 1 then look at left side of door set post 2 for it to activate (taking longer for her to start shooting again) . Wattson is ganna be strong when she has time to set up all her fences at a given location . But when it comes to stumbling onto another team ... she ganna be the weaker defender . She also has no offense skill her as ult is also strictly defensive (gib and caustic can use their ults to attack or flush out enemies )

Message 8 of 10 (476 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

i want to play this new hero, i didnt want to play octane at first. gonna grab that icon when i can in the selection screen an be greedy with her. Standard smile

just wish she was chinese an looked like zhang, but shell do, well have fun;

Message 9 of 10 (453 Views)
Highlighted

★ Pro

The best defense is a great offense... and thats how i play this game! I dont find any of the defensive legends useful, i never camp or set up in one spot long enough for it to matter, give me an offensive legend everyday!

Message 10 of 10 (443 Views)