Starting everyone at bronze was not a great idea.

by darkcobrabws

Original Post

Starting everyone at bronze was not a great idea.

★★ Apprentice

Hilarious that no one at respawn thought "hey maybe starting people with 1k kills at bronze is a bad idea"

Message 1 of 21 (945 Views)

Re: Starting everyone at bronze was not a great idea.

★★★★★ Guide

@darkcobrabws 

If it took you 4 months to get 1k kills you deserve to start at bronze I kill noobs daily that have way more than 1k kills

Message 2 of 21 (935 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Ok to put things into perspective im level 11 and got 0 kills.
You might want to revisit your definition of "noob"

Message 3 of 21 (924 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Since we just start ranking system, everybody should start from same place and see where they end up with.

For session-3, they will start from different rank based on their session-2 rank.

So player reach Diamond/Predator on Session-2, most likely they start with at least Gold on Session-3.

This way, we have separation so they don't wreck noobs and they have something to accomplish/prove on every session. 

Message 4 of 21 (904 Views)

★★★★ Guide

It only makes sense to start it this way. Give it some time and then the good people will rank up and you won't have to worry about them anymore. Right now it's no different from the regular queue where there is no matchmaking at all, and everyone just gets thrown into the same match.

Message 5 of 21 (900 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Problem is the only thing that made me install the game was because i heard about the match making going in today. I already uninstalled after being killed 10 ranked games in a row by people with an insane amount of season 1 wins. Starting everyone at bottom rank on any game is a dumb move. Starting this way takes a VERY long time to have a somewhat stable ranked system

Message 6 of 21 (894 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

It will take around at least 1-2 weeks to create the separation. 

Simply play normal mode since most competitive players are playing rank mode now.

In normal mode, if your level is less than 20, you will get pair with less than 20 as well (most of the time). 

But once you're above 20, you will get pair with higher rank up to 100.

Then

After 2 weeks passed by and you reach level 20 and start getting confidence, Try rank mode again.

Message 7 of 21 (887 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@asukojo has great advice. 

You could also put in the effort to learn how to play the game, and you will inevitably improve. Every game takes practice, especially this game. 

Message 8 of 21 (869 Views)

★★ Apprentice

The thing with Battleroyale games is its hard to pick up if you didnt ride the PUBG/Fortnite wave. My experience with apex is this, 90% of the game spent running around looting, 7% of the game in champ selection/queue/launch ship and 3% actually shooting. There is no "getting good at the game" when you mix brand new players with people with thousands of kills. Im REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEALLY good at looting new things because i spend 90% of my games doing it.

Message 9 of 21 (861 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@asukojo I tried normal mode before and i got matched vs insane players which is why i uninstalled it the first time. Just thought id try it again today but i guess ill just try a different game
Message 10 of 21 (857 Views)