Started playing ranked and dislike it so far.

by ColdHours

Original Post

Re: Started playing ranked and dislike it so far.

★★★★ Pro

@cbut1n  Yeah, you're probably right about that. I think some people here are misunderstanding what I'm talking about.There's 2 ranks to this game. The one where you reach level 100 on the game general and then the actual badge rank of the ranked game play, bronze, silver, gold, etc. I'm a seasoned player with both battle passes maxed out. When I fired up ranked I literally was at the bottom of Bronze. 1 day in and I'm at silver. I win with people that have been playing this game more than a month. It's the people that looks to be that just started playing Apex in general I'm losing with. All the seasoned players are probably at the top of the of the ranking system. I'll get there albeit slower than I'd like but when placed with people that are below the general cap of the game just makes it a tad more difficult.

Message 21 of 32 (360 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

Well what do you expect? Silvers to be super good? The ranks were more or less settled after a month or two. If you wanted to rise with the rest you should have played with on day1. Now you can slay some noobs to get your rank. It will be faster though than rising together with others.

Message 22 of 32 (343 Views)

★★ Expert
@ElBirri I love tactical players who put thought into ideas rather than just say, "i have a peacekeeper, lets go shred"

Ambushing and planning things out feels amazing when it all works out in your favor and you win the game!
Message 23 of 32 (329 Views)

@ColdHours Rank is a joke, actually it’s worse than a joke. It is a complete failure and hardly any different from non-ranked aside from the fact that you have a higher concentration of skilled players.

High rank players will join their low rank friends and get into low rank rounds. I frequently see teams of 2 predators and 1 silver player, playing in silver rounds.

I quit playing ranked the problem is so bad. The last time I was playing ranked i had 4-5 matches in a row in which the same team of 2 predators and 1 silver player were champions of silver leagues. I came very close to deleting this game because of it.

Lots of ways this could be dealt with. Suspend the accounts of players who do this when they are reported.

Put severe penalties in place for players who join lower ranks. If a predator decides to play in silver. Drop them to diamond 1.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 24 of 32 (312 Views)

@ColdHours If you want to play with more skilled players in a higher rank, make a looking for group. I’m only silver and I’m not a very good player. I have absolutely no issue finding players who are higher rank and willing to let me play with them.

You can be silver and play in platinum so long as you have a plat on your team. If you can hold your own with them they won’t care.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 25 of 32 (305 Views)

★★ Expert
@DarthValtrex This sounds like a bunch of baloney. You even stated it in your next reply that being paired up with someone of higher ranking puts you in their ranking queue.

Sir, I have to ask you to stop posting as nothing credible has came from you.

Rank is where you go to test your skill among the other players and see where you stand. If you are high level, you will zoom past ranks and if you aren't so skilled, you will progress slowly and slowly until you hit your ceiling.
Message 26 of 32 (292 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@iBlockHead

Sir, I have to ask you to stop posting as nothing credible has came from you. --> THANK YOU.

His first and 2nd post contradict each other but he probably didn't recognize it haha
Message 27 of 32 (280 Views)

★★★★ Pro

UPDATE: Now in silver have to deal with 2 A$$HOLES consistently in group chat. TF is wrong with people!? I hate the human race. Is everyone in this game anti people? What is wrong with teamwork? Low level t4rds, can't wait to get on the upper levels with people that don't think with their A$$.

Message 28 of 32 (245 Views)

★ Guide
@iBlockHead In my solo queue grind through plat as of late I've been noticing teams consisting of 1 plat being carried by two subplat rank 15-25 players quite frequently. Seemingly obvious alt predator accounts. For real 150 kills with 4k and/or 20 badge sure, this is some some bs.

I do wonder if this is a paid service.
Message 29 of 32 (234 Views)

★★ Expert
@Killtheism I wish my teammates carried me or at least held their own. If anything I should start charging for the free wins I give them.
Message 30 of 32 (220 Views)